Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD (PS3/PSV)

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Possilbe it'll be out by fall or winter!

Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy X HD will include HD remake of Final Fantasy X-2 HD, the sequel to FFX. Both games will be based on the International Version, Final Fantasy X HD will include new enemy summon beasts called Dark Aeons, optional Airship battle with super boss "Penance", and a new 14-minute video clip "Eternal Calm" bridging the story between X and X-2; Final Fantasy X-2 HD will include two new dresspheres, new "Last Mission" at a new location called Yadonoki Tower, and ability to capture monsters and various characters inside the tower, include Tidus, Auron and Seymour.

The PS3 version will include both games on one Blu-ray, while the PS Vita will have both games sold separately.

As long as they are the same battle system and not XIII's battle system like I keep hearing, I'll be buying this.

X is hardly a favorite of mine but I will still probably buy this. Being able to play FFI-X on the go is still pretty damn cool to me. And if it encourages them to do the same with the amazing FFXII, all the better.

hopefully they wont charge like $40 each for the vita version because i really want to play it on the go. also hoping for a cross buy :D

[quote name='jondier']hopefully they wont charge like $40 each for the vita version because i really want to play it on the go. also hoping for a cross buy :D[/QUOTE]

I hope so too, but I imagine it will be $40 each AND not cross-buy. :(

[quote name='Gden']As long as they are the same battle system and not XIII's battle system like I keep hearing, I'll be buying this.[/QUOTE]

Where have you been hearing this? This is the first I've heard any rumors.

[quote name='jondier']hopefully they wont charge like $40 each for the vita version because i really want to play it on the go. also hoping for a cross buy :D[/QUOTE]

Square's digital pricing is almost always insane so I don't have high hopes and I don't expect a sale at all in the first 6 months at least. It's like they somehow avoided hiring one of the bajillion marketing guys that could explain to them that a lower price could attract more buyers thus increasing overall sales/profits. It's hope I'm wrong though - I'd really enjoy playing FFX (and FFX-2) again on the Vita but I won't be able to justify an insane price tag for it.

Just be careful. I went back to X-2 a year ago and isn't as awesome as I remember. Still gonna buy both for my Vita though. Its pretty much a PS classics machine at this point. Might as well.

[quote name='Yanksfan']X is hardly a favorite of mine but I will still probably buy this. Being able to play FFI-X on the go is still pretty damn cool to me. And if it encourages them to do the same with the amazing FFXII, all the better.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I put FFX in the mid-tier of FFs, but it's been ages since I last played it so I'm wondering if I won't like it more (or less) now. I'm glad it's getting a physical release.

[quote name='tepiddeath']Just be careful. I went back to X-2 a year ago and isn't as awesome as I remember. Still gonna buy both for my Vita though. Its pretty much a PS classics machine at this point. Might as well.[/QUOTE]

FFX-2 was never awesome.:p

Wasn't a fan of X and though I bought X-2, I never got around to playing it. Still have the game and guide wrapped heh. Despite all this, I think I'll pick it up if nothing else but to tide me over until the next FF.

I might maybe possibly consider this not so impressive to me game if they include something that isn't the original U.S. voice acting. God, the thought of that stuff still makes me shudder.

The combat was an interesting change, but this game was really linear.

Ah, forget it. This game was way too tedious. Too much time to complete endgame quests.

However, I will say that it had one of the best stories in the series. Pretty clever.

[quote name='Vinny']You know what would be an awesome feature? Blitzball online.[/QUOTE]

^^this +1000. That would be beyond awesome to see.

Just thought about this a second ago, but I haven't played this game since it originally game out (never finished it either). What was the save system like? The thing I loved about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was I could generally save just any anywhere/anytime I wanted outside of the TV world. The last thing I want is to get stuck in a sequence where I cannot save and I've been playing for a couple of hours.

I'm excited for this. I like X and loved X-2 (I don't care, I loved the corniness of it all). And X-2 is going to be the international version? Oh hell yes.

[quote name='Vinny']You know what would be an awesome feature? Blitzball online.[/QUOTE]

I played that mini game so much, I wished they had made it into a full-blown game.

[quote name='SynGamer']Just thought about this a second ago, but I haven't played this game since it originally game out (never finished it either). What was the save system like? The thing I loved about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was I could generally save just any anywhere/anytime I wanted outside of the TV world. The last thing I want is to get stuck in a sequence where I cannot save and I've been playing for a couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it since launch either but I believe there are save points throughout. I hope they make adjustments to make it more portable friendly though.

[quote name='SynGamer']Just thought about this a second ago, but I haven't played this game since it originally game out (never finished it either). What was the save system like? The thing I loved about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was I could generally save just any anywhere/anytime I wanted outside of the TV world. The last thing I want is to get stuck in a sequence where I cannot save and I've been playing for a couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

But on the Vita, you can pause the game at any time whether it is a save point or not.

I personally would prefer they take out blitzball entirely. I hated playing it, and did not want to play it for hours upon hours on end to get the most powerful wakka weapon.

Same. Blitzball was really, really, really boring. Maybe if they make it so you can actually move and shoot and pass instead of text....

I will aim for the PSVita versions mainly to pause it anywhere and anytime ... I cannot repeat my ps2 jrpg marathon days when I first played the originals. Hopefully, there will be a casual mode, as well. I really despise grinding, nowadays. (sorry for being such a crabby fogey)

I maxed out the grid for each character on PS2, but never finished all the extra stuff so I'll probably pick this up and go through it again.

Definitely gonna get this on PS3, FFX was one of my favorite games and I just couldn't get into X-2 but it's been a while so this was I'll be able to give it another shot while getting a game I know I'll like for sure as well.

I enjoyed FFX, even though it wasn't quite on the same tier as the PS1 era games. I never played X-2, so I will probably pick this up at some point....probably when it hits $20.

I'll get it because I never beat. I just really did not care for Tidus and he annoyed me. This I'll wait til below 30 or a b2 g1. I watched someone play X2 and think I might actually like it so I'll play through X first before getting to that.

Its the same standard with every other FF game, you gotta find and use a save point to save your game. No autosave. If I remember correctly, the save spot in FFX is a blue globe/sphere kinda thing......its also how you play Blitzball.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm glad they will bundle both X & X-2 on disc....I just hope they wont ruin it for me charging $50 *cough* MGS HD *cough*. I guess I'll try X-2 again. I remember the first time playing X-2.....I saw the opening video with Yuna being like a wanna-be Britney Spears......stared @ the screen for a good 5 mins saying "WTF is this $hit???"....never touched it again,lol.

I bet this HD bundle will sell more copies than XIII-3 (A.K.A. Lighting Returns).....when it does, hopefully someone will realize they need to start making FF games the fans want. The vast majority didnt want another stupid sequel...yet that's their plan. Hope it bombs. SE's president stepped down couple days ago, so maybe things will change next generation.

I actually find Tidus to be a great lead character. The only thing that irritated me about him was his outfit. Besides that, I found him to have some good dialogue and tension at times. However, I will get this simply because Auron and Rikku are two of my favorite characters in any medium. I'm also a huge fan of the sphere grid, plus I will most likely get those feels again.

As for X-2, I'm one of the staunchest supporters of the game. Paine and Rikku were awesome. I loved the music, though some of it got a little repetitive. The story was all kinds of wonky, though.

I also hope this really successful so that my dream game of a prequel staring Braska, Jecht and Auron can maybe someday happen.

Another game I never played yet. Between this and the remake of Zelda on Wii U looks like I will be catching up on all the games I missed because of college.=-)

bread's done
Back