Tron: Evolution Collector's Edition at Gamestop for $12.99

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!
Was bummed about the lack of deals at my local Sears vs. what others are getting, so I went to Gamestop to see if the Gears 3 Epic Edition dropped in price, and had them check the Tron 360 version and it ran up for $12.99.....another good collectors edition to add to the collection !!

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I don't have the time to read everything here to avoid the heckling if it is.....

They also had a PS3 version, but didn't check it...

Basically all you get is the game and light cycle stand. The movie tickets are long expired lol.

I kind of like the Light Cycle display, I have it sitting on my shelf. I got it when Best Buy had that huge holiday sale

I almost bought this for the figurine (Because the game is a hot mess). Until I read it looks cheap and is made out of crappy plastic :/

Yeah, its not great of a collectors edition. Passed on this when it was cheap at Best Buy a year or so back.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I feel bad for the people who paid $129.99 for this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Anyone who paid that much deserved it lol. The cycle looks like something out of a premium Mcdonalds kids meal lol

I strongly advise against buying this, even if you are a fan of Tron.

I bought one at $9.99 and felt ripped off. Gave the light cycle to my son and even he didn't give two craps about it, probably because it's just a mold of plastic. Not even moving wheels... cheap as fuck.

I really enjoyed the game. $12 for the game alone is worth it imo. I finished it several times to 100% the achievements and enjoyed it the entire way through. The light cycle figure looks cool from a distance. Once you get up close, you can see it's Happy Meal quality.

I'm a fan of LE's and a big Tron fan, but damn that has got to be the shittiest limited edition I've ever come across. I bought it for $10 I think from one of the Best Buy Clearances and nearly immediately sold it. The game, itself, isn't bad. That light cycle is a about the quality you'd expect from the one-spot at Target, though. Real rough.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I feel bad for the people who paid $129.99 for this. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Can't be worse than the people that paid 100 for DNF. Though I wonder if anyone actually bought it for full MSRP.

I guess i am the only person that actually enjoyed this game a lot. I bought it during the BestBuy $10 sale and I had a lot of fun playing the game and even the multiplayer (only played it with bots) but it was fun.I have the Light Cycle Figure on my desk and it looks pretty cool when it lights up.I might stop by my GS and see if they have a PS3 copy that way I can have a Light Cycle figure by Gaming area and a reason to play through the game again.

[quote name='strizay']I just traded a Halo Reach LE for it. That cycle toy is crap though.[/QUOTE]

It looks a little better once you turn it on

Game was OK, played in 3D on PS3 which looked awesome. Light cycle lights up, too. You could do worse for $12.99.

Am I missing something? How does the bike light up? I've had this thing on my shelf for a while now and I didn't know it's supposed to light up

[quote name='Makarov']Am I missing something? How does the bike light up? I've had this thing on my shelf for a while now and I didn't know it's supposed to light up[/QUOTE]

Theres a button on the back of the light cycle rider its like on his disk if im remembering correct.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol wow. I had this thing for months and had no idea it had a light. I take it back, its quite awesome for 12.99 now.[/QUOTE]

lol I had no idea as well until my brother was looking at it and when I looked back at him I saw the figure light up and I flipped out because I had no clue it could do that.

See, people said it wasnt worth it until they saw the light.

The game is alright, but i got this during bb summer blowout. Traded it back in for $8 so $2 for the display isnt bad

Can anyone confirm if this is in store only? Or did they jack the prices back up? It's showing $29.99 for both the Xbox and PS3 versions on the site.

[quote name='Duetschbag']Can anyone confirm if this is in store only? Or did they jack the prices back up? It's showing $29.99 for both the Xbox and PS3 versions on the site.[/QUOTE]

Its in store only.

I called and asked about the Tron CE for PS3 since no store near me has it for 360 and they said it was $30 in store.

What happened is maybe all stores or just the OP's converted it to used, which happens to a lot of CE after a while. They are supposed to destroy the bonus stuff and just sell the game like any other used copy. This store may have chosen to do it themselves since it was taking up space and not selling well so they worked within the confined of GS rules and converted it to the used price.

So this may be store specific or nation wide. One persons report sadly isn't enough of a confirmation.

I did. Best thing I ever bought. I give the game a 10/10 and the cycle is really nice! Not sure what all the hate is about. Worth $229.00 in my opinion.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I did. Best thing I ever bought. I give the game a 10/10 and the cycle is really nice! Not sure what all the hate is about. Worth $229.00 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I hope there is sarcasm in this post, but I am not sensing it...:whistle2:#

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I did. Best thing I ever bought. I give the game a 10/10 and the cycle is really nice! Not sure what all the hate is about. Worth $229.00 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I cant tell if you're serious or not. Congrats! :lol:

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Lol no, just f*cking with ya'll[/QUOTE]

I really thought you were going to troll a bunch of people there. ROFL

[quote name='The Punisher']See, people said it wasnt worth it until they saw the light.

The game is alright, but i got this during bb summer blowout. Traded it back in for $8 so $2 for the display isnt bad[/QUOTE]
When and where was it $8 TiV??.? And how did I not know about it??.??

damn, I know a store near me had like 3-5 copies a few weeks ago they got shipped in from various closing stores...but website isn't showing any near me. I doubt there is much demand for them, so could the website be wrong like it has been for past CE drops like this?

[quote name='TooPoor']When and where was it $8 TiV??.? And how did I not know about it??.??[/QUOTE]

That was about the time i got it from bb blowout sale. I look at the tiv and said cool. cycle for $2 + tax. $8 tiv at bb. Probably not now

[quote name='The Punisher']That was about the time i got it from bb blowout sale. I look at the tiv and said cool. cycle for $2 + tax. $8 tiv at bb. Probably not now[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, that time. I should have done the same thing, I was stupid enough to think I would get to playing the game given my backlog (which is only 1 digit, and already overwhelming me).

LOL shout out to one of the crappiest collector's editions in history.

I copped it last summer during one of Best Buy's "summer gaming sales" or whatever and the game is pretty decent, but I can't believe that retailed for like $130 or something at launch.

I had no luck finding the PS3 version but I did find a X360 copy and bought it ill just give the game to my friend since I already had a copy and ill keep the figure.

I haven't played this new game, but I'm absolutely sure the Tron 2.0 game I played back in 2003 is way better. Heck, I'm willing to put down good money and say that GL Tron might even be better.

Can the Xbox Version do 3D?

I actually have a copy of the PS3 version as well and noticed it is Move capable and 3D....nothing mentioned on the Xbox version (haven't opened it yet)

Of course like most of my games, I haven't opened them or played em yet......
...I think I need to attend a GAA meeting (Gamers Addicted Anonymous)

[quote name='VTCO']LOL shout out to one of the crappiest collector's editions in history.

I copped it last summer during one of Best Buy's "summer gaming sales" or whatever and the game is pretty decent, but I can't believe that retailed for like $130 or something at launch.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you're uninformed of the fancy light feature!

bread's done
Back