Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - $34.99 @ Amazon (Preorder)

[quote name='Morpha']Everyone should already have this game on the Wii.....

Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

I want to get the Wii version to play on my Wii U, but I haven't been able to find a new copy anywhere for a good price. I don't understand why it isn't a part of Nintendo Selects at this point.

[quote name='BNoyes']I want to get the Wii version to play on my Wii U, but I haven't been able to find a new copy anywhere for a good price. I don't understand why it isn't a part of Nintendo Selects at this point.[/QUOTE]

You should check the Sears Clearance thread more often(if you are near 1). Lots of us found it for $10 some months ago.

Thanks, I'm going to go ahead Pre-order it and hope for a GC deal before its release. But I'll probably end up waiting for this when it hits $20.

Newegg also lists it at $35 and Amazon is stating that the $35 is the list price so this will probably be the MSRP for the game

Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

Never owned a Wii but was a fan of DKC on SNES. Glad it's being released for 3DS.

Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

sorry but I don't take my wii with me when I go on trips

[quote name='zeldaking']Newegg also lists it at $35 and Amazon is stating that the $35 is the list price so this will probably be the MSRP for the game[/QUOTE]

gstop is at 40

also side note but its about time this got listed now just need mario and luigi preorder

Def worth it if you havent played it. Enjoyed every second of it on wii. I'll def pick this up when it drops in price to replay again on the go.

Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

I heard the Wii version has some crappy Motion Controls added in (for no reason, could be played with buttons, it is a remake of an "old-school" game), and also that it's a pretty tough game later on, and that the motion controls become bothersome and actually add to the challenge due to not being able to control fluently and responsively. I'd rather pay the extra amount for this 3DS version before I touch the Wii version, from what I've heard of the controls.

The wii version looked like the original games, but the gameplay was completely different. No tags and instant death in the mine cart levels even when you had both characters were two of my biggest complaints. the original is just better and much more fun.

[quote name='V878']Never owned a Wii but was a fan of DKC on SNES. Glad it's being released for 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I love it on SNES. Is this a remake of it, but in 3d?

[quote name='slugboss']The original Donkey Kong Country Trilogy remastered would have been 1000x more appealing.[/QUOTE]

I would love them to relase donkey jr (not sure on title)

Its a looking mario with like a paint gun and u jump and shoot kong. kong is hanging on a rope and u keep shoot up to knock him off, but while doing that
there are bees,etc. to try to prevent u from doing it. Oh man that game was fun back then.

Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do have it on the Wii, and it was the "Greatest" game I never played/finished due to forced motion controls. This game is the perfect example of everything done right on Wii(Awesome classic 2D game remade), and everything wrong with the Wii(forced motion controls for a 2D platformer, WTF!). I'll be getting this day 1, and I'm glad Nintendo gave me a second chance, although I wouldn't need it if they hadn't of fuck up the first time around. LOL

I bet Newegg is gonna do another 29.99 promotion deal like they did for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon ............CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY!!!

[quote name='BNoyes']I want to get the Wii version to play on my Wii U, but I haven't been able to find a new copy anywhere for a good price. I don't understand why it isn't a part of Nintendo Selects at this point.[/QUOTE]

It is on nintendo selects, but it's a $30 select.

[quote name='Gden']It is on nintendo selects, but it's a $30 select.[/QUOTE]

There are no $30 Nintendo Selects on Wii. Donkey Kong and Super Smash were originally believed to become Nintendo Selects, but just dropped to $30 instead.

I really hope roll is put on a shoulder button, putting it on a third face button would be almost as awkward as shaking the remote.

[quote name='The Punisher']I would love them to relase donkey jr (not sure on title)

Its a looking mario with like a paint gun and u jump and shoot kong. kong is hanging on a rope and u keep shoot up to knock him off, but while doing that
there are bees,etc. to try to prevent u from doing it. Oh man that game was fun back then.[/QUOTE]

That is Donkey Kong 3, with Stanley instead of Mario... and you had a bug spray gun. Mildly entertaining, but VERY repetitive since all 3 screen were essentially the same.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']
I really hope roll is put on a shoulder button, putting it on a third face button would be almost as awkward as shaking the remote.[/QUOTE]Unless rolling is drastically different in DKCR, did you forget that you hit "Y" to roll in the SNES DKC games?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']There are no $30 Nintendo Selects on Wii. Donkey Kong and Super Smash were originally believed to become Nintendo Selects, but just dropped to $30 instead.

I really hope roll is put on a shoulder button, putting it on a third face button would be almost as awkward as shaking the remote.[/QUOTE]

This is true. But even now some places (like Target) still sell it for $50. I was maybe going to get some $30 games with the B2G1 free deal and get DKCR as part of that, but they have it listed at $50. Pretty slimy move.

[quote name='slugboss']The original Donkey Kong Country Trilogy remastered would have been 1000x more appealing.[/QUOTE]

:applause: this ainec :cry:

[quote name='sicsonic']I heard the Wii version has some crappy Motion Controls added in (for no reason, could be played with buttons, it is a remake of an "old-school" game), and also that it's a pretty tough game later on, and that the motion controls become bothersome and actually add to the challenge due to not being able to control fluently and responsively. I'd rather pay the extra amount for this 3DS version before I touch the Wii version, from what I've heard of the controls.[/QUOTE]

I think the motion controls do get a little bothersome after long play sessions. It's the same thing for the high jump spin move on new super mario bros Wii. I agree I'd rather have the option to make it a simple button press instead. It sounds like the 3ds version is the right way to go if u feel this way.

[quote name='The Punisher']I would love them to relase donkey jr (not sure on title)

there are bees,etc. to try to prevent u from doing it. Oh man that game was fun back then.[/QUOTE]

As SoonersFan60 said, it's DK3. (And the origin of my user name here and on PSN - it's funny to play with chat enabled and hear people who've never played it speculate that I might just be an exterminator IRL. :lol:)

Maybe not as a standalone game but a release of a DK HD Collection (DK, DK jr., DK3, DKC 1,2,3) would be awesome. I'm not sure if Rare or Nintendo has possession of the original 3D character models from the DKC games but IIRC they were rendered in HD before being turned into sprites.

I've been waiting forever for it to become a Nintendo Select along with New Super Mario Bros Wii.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Yeah, I do have it on the Wii, and it was the "Greatest" game I never played/finished due to forced motion controls. This game is the perfect example of everything done right on Wii(Awesome classic 2D game remade), and everything wrong with the Wii(forced motion controls for a 2D platformer, WTF!). I'll be getting this day 1, and I'm glad Nintendo gave me a second chance, although I wouldn't need it if they hadn't of fuck up the first time around. LOL[/QUOTE]

agreed, shit infuriates me. can't wait for the 3ds version

[quote name='Vigilante']Unless rolling is drastically different in DKCR, did you forget that you hit "Y" to roll in the SNES DKC games?[/QUOTE]

It is drastically different, every time you roll you go pretty far. I wouldn't want to to roll every time I press run, that would cause me to constantly fall off cliffs and hit spiked enemies.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Yeah, I do have it on the Wii, and it was the "Greatest" game I never played/finished due to forced motion controls. This game is the perfect example of everything done right on Wii(Awesome classic 2D game remade), and everything wrong with the Wii(forced motion controls for a 2D platformer, WTF!). I'll be getting this day 1, and I'm glad Nintendo gave me a second chance, although I wouldn't need it if they hadn't of fuck up the first time around. LOL[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I actually had the game on my Christmas list the year it came out. I ended up getting to try it at Best Buy and hated the forced motion controls. Of course by that point it was too late and I received it as a gift. To this day it is still unopened. I'm definitely looking forward to this release.

Hey, does Amazon ever offer "release day" shipping anymore? I'm not a prime member, but I was able to get it for several games last year at .99 a pop. Now I never see it anymore, what happened?

[quote name='chrislaustin']Hey, does Amazon ever offer "release day" shipping anymore? I'm not a prime member, but I was able to get it for several games last year at .99 a pop. Now I never see it anymore, what happened?[/QUOTE]

Yes, on most titles - sometimes it does not get added until closer to release date.
With Nintendo first party games, however, it is a different story. Ninty vs Amazon 'Shipping Delays' (Lego City, Fire Emblem, etc), some Sunday releases, etc.

[quote name='blinknot4']Yes, on most titles - sometimes it does not get added until closer to release date.
With Nintendo first party games, however, it is a different story. Ninty vs Amazon 'Shipping Delays' (Lego City, Fire Emblem, etc), some Sunday releases, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've noticed in the past how it can "come & go" before release. Normally I never bothered with Nintendo releases, as they are mostly on Sundays, but since this was on Friday, So I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll check back periodically and see if it gets added.

bread's done
Back