Vita or 3DS?

While neither library has blown me away yet, my preference for current library goes with the 3DS's, by quite a bit.

On the other hand, if you have a PS3 and a PS+ subscription, buying a Vita means you instantly get hooked up with a decent number of games for free, so long as you keep your PS+ subscription active. This assumes you're willing to spend $90 (current Amazon price) on a 32 GB card so that you have space to store them all. So that's about $340 for the Vita hardware, versus the 3DS's $180, making it a very expensive initial investment, but it could pay off in the long run if you're already a PS+ subscriber.

edit: Another point which may be very relevant or not relevant whatsoever to you: the 3DS is region-locked, while the Vita is not. If I remember hearing correctly, I think the Vita will still lock you to one account, though, meaning access to only one digital store.

My personal vote goes to the 3DS for the time being.

I'd go for a 3DS.

I got mine on launch and don't regret it one bit.
It's getting a lot of great games this year and if you haven't had a DS then with the 3DS library and DS library it's a great handheld.

I would say wait til after e3 in case they do announce a Vita price cut and hopefully a better price for the memory cards.

As for comparison of games the 3DS has

Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations ( I know it's coming out for home consoles but it's still a great 3DS game )
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Kid Icarus
Super Mario 3D Land

also Upcoming games like
Soul Hackers
Animal Crossing
DKC

The Vita has

Gravity Rush
Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice
and other games

Both are great but I'd go with the 3DS

I prefer the Vita but if you don't really lean either way (Sony vs. Nintendo) and would be content playing 3DS quality games (i.e. you know what you're getting----and it ain't getting much better) then just go with the 3DS and pick one up next week when the standard is just $129.99 and the XL is just $159.99.

I don't like not having the second analog stick and I know they make the circle pad pro but I'm also not fond of clunky add on attachments.

While the cost of ownership for the Vita is going to be much more (memory cards, PS+ subscription) for me it is the better machine. I like the 3DS for playing Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, etc.) and that is all I use it for.

The browser is awful, the dashboard is awful, watching Netflix on it is awful----but then again it is cheap (pricepoint).

I like the Vita when I'm trying to do more then game because it feels more sophisticated and the screen/resolution is a million times better.

If they ever brought an android OS to the Vita or included mainstream apps I would probably use it that much more.

But like everyone else said your budget and your taste in games should be the deciding factor.

Good luck they are both fun machines

3ds hands down. For me it's mainly because I had an n64 as a kid and they have lots of remakes on it. Starfox, ocarina of time, pilot wings. That and Mario kart 7 is awesome. Also looking forward to the new Pokemon game and Mario golf, plus luigis mansion. Also, I never had a ds so I have been enjoying the additions in super Mario 64 ds. Last handheld I had was a gameboy color when I was a kid and after getting into portable gaming on my phone and iPad the 3ds seemed like an awesome option. I have both the regular and the xl.

^ yeah if your into portable gaming and you're happy with iPhone quality games then you will be happy with the 3DS.

Personally I don't see any potential for growth with 3DS games in regards to quality. That's not necesarrily bad because we all know Nintendo is King and will pump out quality titles but I'm not sure after playing NSMB2, Z OOT, SM 3DL etc. that anything else on the 3DS is going to impress me anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong I just don't see where they take it from there.

Why do one of these threads pop up about every other week? *sighs*

It boils down to personal preference. If you really like Nintendo games then a 3DS is your best bet. If you like slightly better variety & features like trophies, then a Vita will do you nicely.

I have both, I enjoy them both, but I play my Vita way more. I don't necessarily like one more than the other, it's just the way it works out. We'll see how I feel once I pick up my XL on Sunday.

The 3DS has better games. I wouldn't bother with the Vita, unless Sony somehow releases a deluge of worthy games, which it hasn't done yet. Besides, if you care about the Vita's multimedia functions, isn't that what the iPhone's for?

I have both and I play my Vita more often than my 3DS. It really depends on what games you like. If you love Nintendo get a 3DS XL if you prefer Sony get a Vita. I think both are great.

One thing to consider is if you are already a PS Plus Member you can download games for free with the instant game collection and some of the games they have available right now are great like Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Wipeout. I have and really enjoyed all three of these games.

Plus I know everyone says the Vita has no good games but I tend to disagree with that statement.
I personally think both systems have about an equal amount of triple A titles. It just really depends on what kind of games you like to play.

Either way you can't really lose, both systems are great and both have great games. The Choice is yours.

3DS (XL is even better)

the nintendo library of games for 3ds is so much better then the Vita's and the e-shop marketplace seems to be getting better and better classic nintendo games

have both ....

according to the systems

i have played over 90 games since getting my 3ds back on sept 2012

i have played 8 games on the vita since getting it on march 2012

3ds all the way... vita has been gathering dust since xmas

[quote name='slidecage']have both ....

according to the systems

i have played over 90 games since getting my 3ds back on sept 2012

i have played 8 games on the vita since getting it on march 2012

3ds all the way... vita has been gathering dust since xmas[/QUOTE]

We've all seen the shit you play on your 3DS (Top Trumps NBA All-Stars); I would take anything you say with a grain of salt.

Like everyone said, it's all about what games you actually prefer.

For now, I am leaning heavily toward 3DS. There are just more games on it that interest me.
Vita did have my attention for times (especially with persona 4 golden) and will soon have my attention with Soul Sacrifice, but between these titles, I am back to 3DS for its larger library of games that I want to play. (for now, it is all about Monster Hunter :) )

Have 2 vita and 2 3ds, 1 3ds XL and soon 1 more (Pikachu 3ds XL) so I am fairly console neutral, it's all about games as it should.

Vita. It's a better device and has a more varied library of new games. Also PSN Plus and cross buy are great.

I just got a 3DS last week and I have been very disappointed with it. I loved my DS for the games like Henry Hatsworth, Puzzle Quest, and Might & Magic Clash of Heroes and was hoping 3DS had games like these but it doesn't.

[quote name='GBAstar']We've all seen the shit you play on your 3DS (Top Trumps NBA All-Stars); I would take anything you say with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

cant see how people can say the vita has varied library ...... most of its games is like fighting or sports

games alone this year played on the systems i can think of (and dont go bashing on TOP TRUMP its a fun game for what its made to be ---- to freaking easy but fun way to past time instead of another fighting or clone vita game)

going backwards

3ds-ds
monster hunter 9 /10
Naruto Powerful Shippuden 5/10
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 9/10
Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) 4/10 (found the limits too boring)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) 10/10 beat it with 30 hours
cave sTory 3ds 7./10
jewel master 2 8/10 you want something that will drive you insane try it after stage 30
UNCHAIN BLADES (yes i know this is on vita as well but i rather have it on my 3ds)

vita
MLB THE SHOW 2013 6/10 just an update of 2012

Line up coming till end of aug

3ds
Dark moon
pokemon mystery
soul hackers
animal crossing
rune factory 4
mario rpg
mario golf

7 games

VITA
SOUL
Dragon crown (what would not shock me if pushed back or cancelled)

2 games

so lets see just name games

3ds 8+ 7 upcoming 15 good games
VITA 1 + 2 (maybe 1 ) 3 games

that is why my vita is just getting dusty

I have and like both, but I play my Vita more.

Since you're just getting one now there would be more than enough good games for you to choose from.

As far as the 3DS goes, I like the games I have for it, but the system itself feels junky. The top screen and bottom touch when closed so there are lines and an imprint of the analog nub on the top screen. Also the top screen is wobbly when it's open making it nothing more than a joke for Nintendo to expect you to play a game with gyroscope functions in 3D.

I don't know if Nintendo ever fixed those problems and I guess the top and bottom screen touching isn't a problem with the XL, but just some things I really dislike about the 3DS.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ yeah if your into portable gaming and you're happy with iPhone quality games then you will be happy with the 3DS. [/QUOTE]

Did you seriously just compare 3DS games to iPhone games? You must mean "graphics" when you say "quality."

[quote name='GBAstar'] Personally I don't see any potential for growth with 3DS games in regards to quality. That's not necesarrily bad because we all know Nintendo is King and will pump out quality titles but I'm not sure after playing NSMB2, Z OOT, SM 3DL etc. that anything else on the 3DS is going to impress me anymore.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're waiting for something innovative/original but you can say that about any platform really. The way I see it, you buy a 3DS if you like Nintendo exclusives and you buy a Vita if you like Sony exclusives. Software is first, hardware is secondary.

[quote name='AZR43L']Did you seriously just compare 3DS games to iPhone games? You must mean "graphics" when you say "quality."

It sounds like you're waiting for something innovative/original but you can say that about any platform really. The way I see it, you buy a 3DS if you like Nintendo exclusives and you buy a Vita if you like Sony exclusives. Software is first, hardware is secondary.[/QUOTE]

No. I wouldn't compare 3DS games quality or even graphically to mobile games. What I'm saying is that most 3DS games are pick up and play and put down. There are a few quality ones but most have "Nintendo" as the publisher. Lets be honest; all nintendo consoles get a shit town of shovelware. There are probably more $9.99 or less 3DS bargain bin / clearance games then TOTAL Vita games produced.

I disagree about not buying something for the hardware. I truly believe we haven't seen half of what the vita can or will do. I think its best days are ahead of it and we'll see more once the PS4 is released.

The 3DS is pretty much the 3DS. It is never going to be able to do anything above and beyond what it already can do. The have made a few advancements to a bad eStore and made it tolerable but it just isn't a machine that can do much more then play 3DS/DS games.

I don't mean for that to be a negative as the 3DS/DS library is a really good one. But that is what I mean by saying if you're happy with portable games you'll be happy with 3DS games.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']So I can import it and use it on my US 3DS then?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Keep in mind only a small number of games use it though.

[quote name='GBAstar']No. I wouldn't compare 3DS games quality or even graphically to mobile games. What I'm saying is that most 3DS games are pick up and play and put down.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider the 3DS to be a more casual system at all. I have a ton of 3DS games but whenever I want to just "pick-up-and-play" its almost always something from the eShop. I can imagine the 3DS has as much non-casual games as the Vita (Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Etrian Odyssey - to name a few).

Lets be honest; all nintendo consoles get a shit town of shovelware. There are probably more $9.99 or less 3DS bargain bin / clearance games then TOTAL Vita games produced.

You're right, there is definitely shovelware on the 3DS. And the reason why the shovelware is there is because of the huge console sales (as per the Wii and iOS).

I disagree about not buying something for the hardware. I truly believe we haven't seen half of what the vita can or will do. I think its best days are ahead of it and we'll see more once the PS4 is released.

A system can't do anything passed what it was built with. That's why we have add-ons like the kinect and move. Just look at the older systems at launch vs now. Better visuals from dedicated developers is about the only worthwhile difference. And I'm sure the devices (phones, tablets, etc.) that come out in the next few years will surpass anything the Vita is currently capable of (in terms of power). This is what I think is the problem with the Vita. Its a game console first but its trying too much to be a multimedia device. This ups costs, lowers sales and scares developers away.
Also, what the PS4 can do with the Vita says little about what the Vita can do itself. Only PS4 owners can take advantage of these things anyway. As a standalone system there won't be much the vita could do that it can't do already.

The 3DS is pretty much the 3DS. It is never going to be able to do anything above and beyond what it already can do.

The 3DS is a gaming system. What it does is what it was designed to do. It plays games. This is why I say game software (quality/preference) is more important than game hardware (at least when it comes to more sales, which bring more/better games anyway).

[quote name='AZR43L']

A system can't do anything passed what it was built with. That's why we have add-ons like the kinect and move. Just look at the older systems at launch vs now. Better visuals from dedicated developers is about the only worthwhile difference. And I'm sure the devices (phones, tablets, etc.) that come out in the next few years will surpass anything the Vita is currently capable of (in terms of power). This is what I think is the problem with the Vita. Its a game console first but its trying too much to be a multimedia device. This ups costs, lowers sales and scares developers away.
Also, what the PS4 can do with the Vita says little about what the Vita can do itself. Only PS4 owners can take advantage of these things anyway. As a standalone system there won't be much the vita could do that it can't do already.

The 3DS is a gaming system. What it does is what it was designed to do. It plays games. This is why I say game software (quality/preference) is more important than game hardware (at least when it comes to more sales, which bring more/better games anyway).[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I would be willing to bet that the consensus is that the 3DS is much much more "casual". You don't make something more sophisticated and market it towards kids and teenagers. From the build to the price point it screams casual and there is nothing wrong with that. It is obviously killing the Vita in overall sales. If Nintendo can turn a profit selling the OG model at $129.99 they will kill the market.

But I also disagree in regards to growth. I feel like the Vita was built to grow and hasn't come anywhere near to hitting its ceiling whereas the 3DS already feels dated and I'm saying that as an early adopter. I still play it and I will continue to do so but I don't know what experience it could provide for me that it hasn't already other then a new nintendo game... rinse wash repeat. How many more years can they milk this system? How many more revisions with the same graphics?

I feel like with the Vita it just is capable of doing things it hasn't done yet. But who knows.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm sorry but I would be willing to bet that the consensus is that the 3DS is much much more "casual". You don't make something more sophisticated and market it towards kids and teenagers. From the build to the price point it screams casual and there is nothing wrong with that. It is obviously killing the Vita in overall sales. If Nintendo can turn a profit selling the OG model at $129.99 they will kill the market.

But I also disagree in regards to growth. I feel like the Vita was built to grow and hasn't come anywhere near to hitting its ceiling whereas the 3DS already feels dated and I'm saying that as an early adopter. I still play it and I will continue to do so but I don't know what experience it could provide for me that it hasn't already other then a new nintendo game... rinse wash repeat. How many more years can they milk this system? How many more revisions with the same graphics?

I feel like with the Vita it just is capable of doing things it hasn't done yet. But who knows.[/QUOTE]

By "casual" I meant pick-up-and-play, but you're definitely right about the Vita (and Sony games/consoles in general) being targeted towards more "mature" consumers as far as exclusives go (Uncharted, GOW, Killzone, Resistance). I don't think the price has anything to do with it though. The 3DS launched at $250.
IMO, the 3DS is as "dated" as the Vita. And the only things to look forward to on any console are the games as well as the "growth" of these games and their developers.
I don't see the "rinse wash repeat" that you see with Nintendo. I think Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 3D are just "warm-ups" for the real stuff we will be seeing soon. As far as console experience, at least they tried with the 3D, gimmick or not. I've never experienced anything like it (visually) and to me it was more interesting than playing my PS3 "on-the-go." I want the Vita to succeed as much as the 3DS is but its not going to be easy for Sony.

What do you mean by "better" games? That's subjective. I would recommend the 3DS because I would consider those games "better". The reason that I haven't bought a Vita is because I feel that I can play a superior version of most Vita games on my PS3. I can't play my 3DS games on any other platform, for the most part. I am thinking of getting a Vita because I am PlayStation Plus subscriber and there seems to be a lot of "free" games for Vita recently. I say you should go to IGN or another gaming website and look at their reviews and see which system has the most games you would like to play and then look at which games are coming out in the future, that should tell you which system is best for you.

[quote name='eliter1']What do you mean by "better" games? That's subjective. I would recommend the 3DS because I would consider those games "better". The reason that I haven't bought a Vita is because I feel that I can play a superior version of most Vita games on my PS3. I can't play my 3DS games on any other platform, for the most part. I am thinking of getting a Vita because I am PlayStation Plus subscriber and there seems to be a lot of "free" games for Vita recently. I say you should go to IGN or another gaming website and look at their reviews and see which system has the most games you would like to play and then look at which games are coming out in the future, that should tell you which system is best for you.[/QUOTE]

I meant more sales for a console usually draws in more 3rd party developers, which might convince the developer to release their game on one system over another (though this is obviously not always the case). An example is Capcom with Monster Hunter on the 3DS or Atlus with Shin Megami Tensei. There are many Vita owners that are upset by this and would consider the 3DS to be getting "better games." I didn't mean it in a subjective way.

[quote name='AZR43L']I meant more sales for a console usually draws in more 3rd party developers, which might convince the developer to release their game on one system over another (though this is obviously not always the case). An example is Capcom with Monster Hunter on the 3DS or Atlus with Shin Megami Tensei. There are many Vita owners that are upset by this and would consider the 3DS to be getting "better games." I didn't mean it in a subjective way.[/QUOTE]

Understood. I think that this portable generation is going to be harder for Sony than the last. Developers need a lot more resources, ie money, to develop games for the Vita and I think they understand that even breaking even on those games is a gamble. Unless they're first party games or developers are given some money from Sony to develop companies are probably going to develop for the PS3 instead.

Soul Sacrifice needs to be a huge success here in the states. Sony put a lot of resources into it and pushing it so hard and it is imo to be the GOW for vita. The numbers are very good in JP selling a ton of consoles, that needs to happen here also.

If it does just OK, I think more third party developers will see it as a huge sign of failure for the console and abandon what little support is there already.

I am hopeful it will be a huge success. Can't wait for the US release.

Until then, Monster Hunter! so fun!

IMAG0083.jpg

I bought a 3DS to go with the $15 BB 3DS game sale I got in on. I haven't gotten to play a game on it yet. My wife, a non-gamer gamer if there ever was one, won't give it back. Shit, I loaded up Crashmo and didn't put it back on her game when I was done and got a "soooo, why you touchin mah ds" talking to.

I would like to play Persona 4 like everyone else, but I ain't paying $250 to do it with very little else in the Vita pipe that's appealing to me. Meanwhile, my Luigi preorder gets here Monday! So I'll just keep going through the Dragon Quest DS versions when I need a JRPG fix.

The Vita is more inline with what I want out of a handheld, but the 3DS has the developer support. I'm going to eventually get both, but I'm getting a 3DS this Sunday because of the cheap Pikachu Special Edition 3DS XL. I think they both have a good library of games and it really kind of depends on what kind of games you want. [If you have PS+, then the Vita is a pretty awesome system to have.]

I'll probably pick up the Vita whenever it has a Special Edition system that I just have to have.

Here we go again with the Vita has no good games discussion again... Can we get past this, guys? Both have a number of great games. Everyone said the same thing about 3DS until Vita came out, and now all of a sudden 3DS has an exemplary library. It's called Metacritic, people, do your research.

3DS has 48 games with a score of 75 or better.

Vita has 42 games with a score of 75 or better.

Throw in the fact that 3DS has been out a year longer and they're pretty much neck and neck.

I have both of the systems. With the launch of Luigi's Mansion tomorrow I believe the 3DS would be a great candidate. However, with the Vita you can purchase PlayStation+ for around $50 and then get a ton of free games.

[quote name='Mixer236']Here we go again with the Vita has no good games discussion again... Can we get past this, guys? Both have a number of great games. Everyone said the same thing about 3DS until Vita came out, and now all of a sudden 3DS has an exemplary library. It's called Metacritic, people, do your research.

3DS has 48 games with a score of 75 or better.

Vita has 42 games with a score of 75 or better.

Throw in the fact that 3DS has been out a year longer and they're pretty much neck and neck.[/QUOTE]

Metacritic (as you used it) means nothing really. If the majority of 75+ rated games on a system were fps or sports games and I liked rpgs and platformers, that system wouldn't appeal to me at all. Thats why I'm trying to say that deciding on a system should be about individual game preference over other things.

They're both awesome so if you have the cash I would get both. But if I had to live with only one, it would be the 3DS. That may change when soul sacrifice comes out.

Worth noting, try demo-ing both systems at a kiosk (Gamestop or Bestbuy). If the 3D effects on the 3DS cause you eyestrain or if you get disoriented/frustrated in finding the 3D sweet-spot on games, that should be worth consideration. The PSVita oled screen is extremely sharp, vibrant and high-res. So basically, are you a visual aficionado or do you intend to utilize the 3D effects much?

[quote name='AZR43L']Metacritic (as you used it) means nothing really. If the majority of 75+ rated games on a system were fps or sports games and I liked rpgs and platformers, that system wouldn't appeal to me at all. Thats why I'm trying to say that deciding on a system should be about individual game preference over other things.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with you on the latter part of your argument, but the reason I showcased the metacritic score was to show that each of the consoles do have a solid amount of quality titles. In other words, saying that Vita only has 2-3 good games is totally wrong. It may only have 2-3 games that you're interested in, but that doesn't mean no one else is... There's plenty of quality titles on there.

I am holding out for E3 price drop in Vita and memory cards!
Been wanting a Vita for a while now, also being PS+ makes a big difference!

[quote name='Mixer236']I'm not disagreeing with you on the latter part of your argument, but the reason I showcased the metacritic score was to show that each of the consoles do have a solid amount of quality titles. In other words, saying that Vita only has 2-3 good games is totally wrong. It may only have 2-3 games that you're interested in, but that doesn't mean no one else is... There's plenty of quality titles on there.[/QUOTE]

Well, regardless of how you look at it or what the "facts" show, there's no denying that there is a reason why you hear that phrase over and over again. I don't know what it is but I can say that it could have something to do with a popular bias that outweighs the verdict of "professional" game reviews. Just look at the new DMC on Metacritic. It has a score of 86. A quality title, right? 62 positive, 0 negative by critics. 178 positive, 160 negative by users. What does this tell you about the game? To me it just shows that there's something at odds between "critic" opinion and user opinion (and also something at odds within user opinion). Personally, all I get out of it is that this game might or might not be for me. Then we have Mirror of Fate. 73 score. 28 positive, 27 mixed by critics. 25 positive, 4 mixed, 4 neg by users. See what I mean?

[quote name='diazt350']I'd go for a 3DS.

I got mine on launch and don't regret it one bit.
It's getting a lot of great games this year and if you haven't had a DS then with the 3DS library and DS library it's a great handheld.

I would say wait til after e3 in case they do announce a Vita price cut and hopefully a better price for the memory cards.

As for comparison of games the 3DS has

Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations ( I know it's coming out for home consoles but it's still a great 3DS game )
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Kid Icarus
Super Mario 3D Land

also Upcoming games like
Soul Hackers
Animal Crossing
DKC

The Vita has

Gravity Rush
Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice
and other games

Both are great but I'd go with the 3DS[/QUOTE]
Littlebigplanet
Uncharted: GA
Wipeout

[quote name='AZR43L']Well, regardless of how you look at it or what the "facts" show, there's no denying that there is a reason why you hear that phrase over and over again. I don't know what it is but I can say that it could have something to do with a popular bias that outweighs the verdict of "professional" game reviews. Just look at the new DMC on Metacritic. It has a score of 86. A quality title, right? 62 positive, 0 negative by critics. 178 positive, 160 negative by users. What does this tell you about the game? To me it just shows that there's something at odds between "critic" opinion and user opinion (and also something at odds within user opinion). Personally, all I get out of it is that this game might or might not be for me. Then we have Mirror of Fate. 73 score. 28 positive, 27 mixed by critics. 25 positive, 4 mixed, 4 neg by users. See what I mean?[/QUOTE]

Capcom effect.

Nothing more.

[quote name='GBAstar']Capcom effect.

Nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Okay. And I'd guess you can explain the divide for Castlevania as the "nostalgic critic effect." So what does this ultimately mean? It means that it depends on who's giving the review. Nothing to do with "game quality," everything to do with opinion/preference.

My point is you can't judge quality in games and make a buying decision on a system by using Metacritic and picking a numbered "quality point." I guess we can know of certain games that are of high quality (judging from an agreement between critic and user using the 75 point), but this would leave out many others that might be good (Mirror of Fate? DMC? I don't know, "guess I'll try them and see for myself or maybe not because I don't like hack and slash platformers").

I have both system and I honestly put far more hours onto my Vita. I own more 3DS games (physical) than my Vita but none of them broke 20 hours of gameplay for me.

While Persona 4 Golden alone destroyed the total hours I've spent on the 3DS. Virtue's Last Reward is best played on Vita, IMO. Gravity Rush is amazing fun and refreshing. If you're interest there is a huge selection of PS1/PSP games too.

The one game I've enjoyed the most is Fire Emblem on the 3DS but something about playing on the 3DS is just not as comfortable on my eyes and hand as the Vita. The XL is nice but everything feels slightly more jagged/pixelated.

[quote name='GBAstar']...but the Vita doesn't have "Super Dynasty Dragon Warrior Quest Chinpoko"[/QUOTE]
.. or much else for that matter :D

brb, 800 hours into Gravity Rush guys. Back touch ftw.

On topic, I think the Vita is a great platform. I just don't trust Sony to get the full measure of support out of it and if it's a decision between Nintendo 1st party vs. Sony + who they can wrangle onto their system, I'm going Nintendo no question. But that's just me. Plus there's that whole ultra gouge for the memory cards thing which really sucks on a mobile platform, since all other mobile platforms use cheap memory. Backwards compatibility means a lot to me too. I think the DS platform offers more (especially for me since I didn't play almost anything on it, though OMG IM PLAYING DQ9 SUPER DYNASTY CHINPOKO NECKBEARD EDITION LOLAMIRITEGUIS?) than whatever Sony allows to trickle out for Vita. Backwards compatible to the entire PSP platform would have probably changed my mind.

If own a PS3 and am getting a 4, the Vita seems like a no brainer to me. If not, I'm not sure it makes much sense for that to be your sole point of contact with the Sony platform.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to create a new topic, so I might as well ask here.

I already own a 3DS XL, but have been thinking about nabbing a Vita as well. But, because I have bipolar disorder, I can't play overly gory games.

Examples: 3DS Virtue's Last Reward and DS 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors were right about the limits of my tolerance. This (likely) rules out Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. In other words, M for BLOOD is fine, M for GORE is not.

So, what good games are there that don't have much gore in them? VLR is amazing, but what others? I don't want to jump onboard a sinking ship. PS1/PSP classics are fine too.
Thanks!

[quote name='biblioman']I didn't want to create a new topic, so I might as well ask here.

I already own a 3DS XL, but have been thinking about nabbing a Vita as well. But, because I have bipolar disorder, I can't play overly gory games.

Examples: 3DS Virtue's Last Reward and DS 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors were right about the limits of my tolerance. This (likely) rules out Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. In other words, M for BLOOD is fine, M for GORE is not.

So, what good games are there that don't have much gore in them? VLR is amazing, but what others? I don't want to jump onboard a sinking ship. PS1/PSP classics are fine too.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Assassins Creed isn't really a gory series. It has blood, but not much that I can remember.

Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4, Rayman Origins, Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack, Littlebigplanet, Lumines, Uncharted, Disgaea 3, Gravity Rush are some I can think of off the top of my head that are pretty good.

bread's done
Back