Mayor Bloomberg: Why would a future "leader" denude current policy ?

Finger_Shocker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Anyways, he raises a really interesting and scary issue with all politicians today?

In case you aren't aware of how this statement came about. It is basically the next mayoral candidate who went on tv about concerns she had with the current police state down here in NYC, where people can be stopped and frisked for no reason whatsoever just our of pure "suspicion"

Anyways he basically told everyone who listened to his radio show why any future leader would want to restrict or take back certain policies enacted by the current admin for the sake of doing "good"

Pretty telling about how our decline of the constitution and elected officials who are not willing to fight for the constitution anymore but to continue the evils of ever past admin that came before him/her

What is it about being the NYC mayor that turns social moderate Republicans into crazy town police state advocates? I'm not being a douche, I just don't get it.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']Anyways, he raises a really interesting and scary issue with all politicians today?

In case you aren't aware of how this statement came about. It is basically the next mayoral candidate who went on tv about concerns she had with the current police state down here in NYC, where people can be stopped and frisked for no reason whatsoever just our of pure "suspicion"

Anyways he basically told everyone who listened to his radio show why any future leader would want to restrict or take back certain policies enacted by the current admin for the sake of doing "good"

Pretty telling about how our decline of the constitution and elected officials who are not willing to fight for the constitution anymore but to continue the evils of ever past admin that came before him/her[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with this policy? You contradict yourself also.

If there's a suspicion it's not for no reason whatsoever.

[quote name='speedracer']What is it about being the NYC mayor that turns social moderate Republicans into crazy town police state advocates? I'm not being a douche, I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]
NYC is a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT city and we all know that democRATS are SOCIALESTS. Since SOCIALEST=NAZI(it's even in the name!), it's obvious that LIEberals want Commienizm and are Fascist. Being mayor of NYC means that you have to go through an Indoctrination Process Mind Wipe to turn Good Conservatives into LIEberal NAZIs! True story.

[quote name='dohdough']NYC is a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT city and we all know that democRATS are SOCIALESTS. Since SOCIALEST=NAZI(it's even in the name!), it's obvious that LIEberals want Commienizm and are Fascist. Being mayor of NYC means that you have to go through an Indoctrination Process Mind Wipe to turn Good Conservatives into LIEberal NAZIs! True story.[/QUOTE]

Why is it liberals have a sense of superialism though? Where does it come from. Anything that is said that cannot fit with the liberal way is mocked to exaggerated lengths in a sarcastic tone and brushed aside like the person must be demonized so they never dare do that again. There is really little limit for actual discussion. It's just 'Think like us or we'll laugh at you, or insinuate you're crazy, backward or stupid' It's really offputting.

Someone remind me... oh, nevermind.

Back on topic, no one should be surprised by this. This is exactly why you should be cautious about handing power over to the government just because the party of your choice is in charge. Because in 2-4 years, your choice may no longer be in charge and the other team will now have all the power you handed over to them.

[quote name='granturismo']What's wrong with this policy? You contradict yourself also.

If there's a suspicion it's not for no reason whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Suspicion do not fall in line with the requirement necessary to stop and violate a person 4th amendment right.

If cops gave a shit about stopping crime, DO PATROLs, BE AROUND, BE SEEN... stopping people and frisking them does nothing to stop crime, it in fact cause more problem then it solves..

This is the same shit that our soldiers are doing over in Iraq and Afghanistan to the citizenry, Do Iraq and Afghanistan show much love to their occupier police state?

Reason why cause cops a lazy bastards, they either drive around, hand on one corner of the street all day long, or worst yet just sit in their station doing NOTHING. Why should a police station be filled with cops just walking around and sitting around? Shouldn't they be out PATROLLING?

Bloomberg is a benevolent dictator, that's all there is to it. Look at how he behaves in general. Remember after the Hurricane, when he wanted to get things up and running as soon as possible, even when it was not in people's best interests. All he cares about is his money, plain and simple. He's the richest man in New York state and when New York City wasn't up and running he was losing money. People be damned if Bloomberg loses money.

[quote name='Sarang01']Bloomberg is a benevolent dictator, that's all there is to it. Look at how he behaves in general. Remember after the Hurricane, when he wanted to get things up and running as soon as possible, even when it was not in people's best interests. All he cares about is his money, plain and simple. He's the richest man in New York state and when New York City wasn't up and running he was losing money. People be damned if Bloomberg loses money.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA...yeah, pretty much. He doesn't really give a fuck.

Sometime you need a push to get things done even after Hurricane Sandy, while I may not agree with all of his policies. Sometimes a force of will is necessary and needed after SHTF.

Look at the rest of the country after Hurricane Sandy, if you were waiting for the gov't or COMPANIES ( you paid for ) to come help you, you were shit outa luck.. Just look at NJ and CT ( after the snowstorm ) ... Do you want your elected officals to basically be the bit*c*es of major corporations? Some of those people waited weeks to month before getting their electricity back, while their gov't told them "oh we are so sorry stick it out" In NYC we got out electricity back in less then 3-4 days, and sanitation clean all the crap away from the city within days.

If any of you lived by NJ or CT, you would wish your elected leader would have such a force of will. The difference is when people use their powers to to do good without it corrupting them in the process... For simple minded analogy think Jedi turn Dark Side.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']Sometime you need a push to get things done even after Hurricane Sandy, while I may not agree with all of his policies. Sometimes a force of will is necessary and needed after SHTF.

Look at the rest of the country after Hurricane Sandy, if you were waiting for the gov't or COMPANIES ( you paid for ) to come help you, you were shit outa luck.. Just look at NJ and CT ( after the snowstorm ) ... Do you want your elected officals to basically be the bit*c*es of major corporations? Some of those people waited weeks to month before getting their electricity back, while their gov't told them "oh we are so sorry stick it out" In NYC we got out electricity back in less then 3-4 days, and sanitation clean all the crap away from the city within days.

If any of you lived by NJ or CT, you would wish your elected leader would have such a force of will. The difference is when people use their powers to to do good without it corrupting them in the process... For simple minded analogy think Jedi turn Dark Side.[/QUOTE]
True, but the main problem I had was him initially allowing the marathon to continue as planned. The amount of resources used for the marathon needed to be diverted towards clean up rather than having a 2 day tourist attraction(yes, I realize that the marathon is an important one). On the brightside, it worked out for everyone because he cancelled it and marathoners helped with the clean up.

What you're describing about the clean up should be a standard held to all municipalities though, not just rich patricians. It's a failing of government when we need a "force of will" to get shit like this done. Same thing can be said about Katrina. One thing's for sure: when it comes to snow clean up in MA, we do not fuck around anymore.

[quote name='dohdough']True, but the main problem I had was him initially allowing the marathon to continue as planned. The amount of resources used for the marathon needed to be diverted towards clean up rather than having a 2 day tourist attraction(yes, I realize that the marathon is an important one). On the brightside, it worked out for everyone because he cancelled it and marathoners helped with the clean up.

What you're describing about the clean up should be a standard held to all municipalities though, not just rich patricians. It's a failing of government when we need a "force of will" to get shit like this done. Same thing can be said about Katrina. One thing's for sure: when it comes to snow clean up in MA, we do not fuck around anymore.[/QUOTE]

I don't really think it is fair to compare a hurricane hitting NYC to a snow storm in MA. One hadn't occurred in almost 70 years, and the other happens every year.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't really think it is fair to compare a hurricane hitting NYC to a snow storm in MA. One hadn't occurred in almost 70 years, and the other happens every year.[/QUOTE]

Oh for sure! Not to say that MA didn't have our growing pains either. It took a few snowstorms over the last 30+ years before we got it more right. My point is really just saying that there should be an appropriate level and type of response when catastrophic weather events occur and it should be universal without huge disparities between administrations and municipalities.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/drone-idea-doesn-fly-new-yorkers-article-1.1297455
Monkeys will fly around the city before spying drones do — if New Yorkers have their way. Not many bought into Mayor Bloomberg’s vision for a privacy-less future with increased camera surveillance.
“It’s creepy,” said Kevin Santos, 27, a performer from Manhattan.
Rao Rampilla, 58, said such a thing should never happen in a Western country.
“This is not Afghanistan. Is this a Schwarzenegger movie? People don’t have money for Social Security or Medicare but we’re going to spend money on drones?” said the Manhattan actor.
The mayor said Friday that advanced technologies would make flying camera drones ubiquitous in the city.
Ilene Biderman, 60, a retired probation officer, said it wasn’t a terrible idea. “It’s not like their tapping phones,” she said, but then added, that “sometimes the police do get carried away .

So what makes you think Afghanistan deserves to have drones flying around, actually what makes you think any foreign nation deserves to have US American drones over their air space?

And to the 2nd person, You don't know OBAMA, he already is tapping your phones.

Seriously are people that clueless to what is going on ?

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']If it takes over 30 years of snowstorms before MA figure out how to properly handle for it, you seriously have a dysfunctional and inept gov't :)[/QUOTE]
I guess you never heard that Mitt Romney was the last in a long line of Republican governors.;)

[quote name='perdition(troy']Do you really think it is that hard to create programs to scan cell phone calls to pick up certain words or phrases and store the call and call data?[/QUOTE]

yes, who is going to listen to all these stored calls? How much time would that take. Only way it'd remotely be feasible is foreign words that wouldn't be used often and maybe for anti terrorism measures. Otherwise it's too much to deal with

Isn't it funny how that works out? We've had mostly Democratic governors here as well, but this is a very red state.

bread's done
Back