Kirby's Return to Dreamland $29.99 Amazon

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']Is this on sale or a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Sale, they are matching Best Buy's sale price.

It was $10 on clearance at Sear before Christmas if they still have any left in stock (for those of you hoping for a cheaper price). I got it for $25 as a pre-release and it's worth the money.

ARGH, so tempting, but I'm backlogged on Twilight Princess and my incoming 3DS games (Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario 3D Land) while being a busy college student. This is the lowest price I myself have seen this game at, and I have been wanting to play this one (I love 2D platformers) for quite a while. Should I go ahead and buy it now or wait later for a possibly even lower price than this one?

[quote name='Fobo911']ARGH, so tempting, but I'm backlogged on Twilight Princess and my incoming 3DS games (Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario 3D Land) while being a busy college student. This is the lowest price I myself have seen this game at, and I have been wanting to play this one (I love 2D platformers) for quite a while. Should I go ahead and buy it now or wait later for a possibly even lower price than this one?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat (except the college part...that was many years ago for me), but I'm going to wait. It's already been on clearance for lower, and I still haven't even finished the first game (epic yarn, which is awesome) not to mention all my other backlog. I can virtually guarantee we'll be able to find it cheaper than $30 at some point down the road.

The question is how soon? I went ahead and bit. Been waiting over a year for this to even see a sale + no tax at amazon.
It was running $31 on warehouse deals over the past month, and got snatched up while I tried to decide.

[quote name='meta460085']Damn, I been itching for a 2D platformer but the backlog is too re-dic to justify at $30.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. From youtube videos it looks like a return to a more classic style Kirby game which is fantastic but my backlog is pretty big so I'm waiting for it to drop to $20 or below. I'm surprised it isn't one of the "Nintendo Select" titles already. I'd love to see this ported to 3DS though like they are doing with DKC.

[quote name='bruceg']This game has been taking a while to drop. Still waiting for $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'm hoping it hits $20 or less, like Epic Yarn did.

[quote name='mbrown3']I'm in the same boat (except the college part...that was many years ago for me), but I'm going to wait. It's already been on clearance for lower, and I still haven't even finished the first game (epic yarn, which is awesome) not to mention all my other backlog. I can virtually guarantee we'll be able to find it cheaper than $30 at some point down the road.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm probably going to wait. Darn Texas sales tax on Amazon. :cry:

I would wait for $20, or better yet, just rent it. I just rented it and played co-op. It is pretty fun, but we beat it in two nights and I'm sure I'll never go back to it. There are a lot of challenge minigames that you'll unlock as you play (one player) and two multiplayer minigames that are a one-and-done kind of thing.

There is also an 'extra' mode after you beat it, which adds little changes (lower health, tougher bosses..but no level change) that isn't worth it.

All in all, fun game especially with co-op, but it is a rental to me. Not enough replay value to bother buying it.

[quote name='n64ra']what a stubborn price. give me 20$![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've waited this long, I can wait for $20.

Still waiting for a price drop as well. I actually grabbed it previously from gamefly when they had their used sale for $17.99. Unfortunately, the game came cracked. I had to get a refund since they don't offer replacements :(. Still waiting for a

bread's done
Back