Dragon's Dogma (PS3 and 360) for under $18.99 at Amazon

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Good deal but probably better to wait for Dark Arisen a month from now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not sure why anyone would buy this unless it was like $5 considering a superior version of the game is coming out shortly.

Weird Fact: Xbox has the vanilla Dragon's Dogma listed as DD: Dark Arisen now when you play it. My nephew was playing some DD the other week and I thought he got his hands on an early copy of Dark Arisen (or that my release date was off), turns out he was playing the regular release.

This should pre-answer the question of "will there be separate/more achievements for the new release?"

I'm definitely waiting for DD: DA, I need as much quick-travel as possible due to sucking at 3-D map navigation.

[quote name='Kerig']Weird Fact: Xbox has the vanilla Dragon's Dogma listed as DD: Dark Arisen now when you play it. My nephew was playing some DD the other week and I thought he got his hands on an early copy of Dark Arisen (or that my release date was off), turns out he was playing the regular release.

This should pre-answer the question of "will there be separate/more achievements for the new release?"

I'm definitely waiting for DD: DA, I need as much quick-travel as possible due to sucking at 3-D map navigation.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that! Had an Xbox friend with "Dark Arisen" on his list of games. I flipped out for a sec haha.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Yeah, not sure why anyone would buy this unless it was like $5 considering a superior version of the game is coming out shortly.[/QUOTE]

So Dark Arisen isn't a sequel, it's like Super Street Fighter?

They did enough tweaking to the original game in the upcoming expansion that they're saying they couldn't release the new content as DLC. Take it as you well, but quite frankly I'm sick of the Capcom hate as of late. Seems they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Still can't get a straight answer as to whether or not these two editions will share a combined trophy list, or buying both will result in two different lists.

Tempted to grab this, but as htz said, Best Buy also has it for $15. Plus this is a 3rd party seller, and I really don't feel like dealing with one of those again right now.

We preordered DD DA for $24 shipped last week from the tipoff here, and dumped our unopened DD we picked up around the holiday season for $15 I think, on ebay this last week for $24.

So DD DA will end up bing a great deal for us. We still have skyrim to keep us warm till its released.. ;)

I thought Dark Arisen was a sequel or some kinda big DLC expansion kinda thing but if they're just fine tuning and expanding the same game then I'll wait for DA to be on sale. I got a huge backlog anyway. CAN'T FOOL ME, CAPCOM. AHHAHAHA. MY MONEY'S GOING TO ATLUS!

I'm glad I read the comments. I almost purchased this and didn't realize they were doing a re-release in like a month. Really no point to buy this considering how much better Dark Arisen sounds.

What's in the Dark Arisen expansion though? Has any info been revealed? Havent looked into DD since a month after the original release date (loved the game but i broke it farming ur Dragon lol).

[quote name='Datajack']It's $15, review the coupon info in the header.[/QUOTE]

you have to buy the magazine if you dont already therefore its not $15 if you factor the cost of the magazine in which you should.

It's actually a coupon for reward zone members. You can claim the offer in the bestbuy app, no need to buy a magazine, just simply be a rewards member.

[quote name='retrad']you have to buy the magazine if you dont already therefore its not $15 if you factor the cost of the magazine in which you should.[/QUOTE]

I followed up on this deal last week, having never played dragons dogma i wanted to try it out before dark arisen came out for the save bonuses. Turns out I really like the game and was able to get a mage to lvl 10 before selling it back to gamestop for $15 and preordered dark arisen so I'd say for those on the fence or wanting to give it a try consider this a solid purchase or at least rental until the superior version comes out.

[quote name='therealdanhill']So Dark Arisen isn't going to offered as DLC or anything to buyers of the core version?[/QUOTE]

As of right now, that is correct.

Someone mentioned pre-ordering DA for $25 shipped. What is this about, is it still available? I'm about to put in for my copy on Amazon, but I'd like something less than $39.99+tax if possible.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Which version is better PS3 or 360? If one is better.[/QUOTE]

Ps3 had fewer issues. Just know that if you spam Magic Cannon, you'll be getting about 3 fps.
As for the sale on DA, not positive where it is, but I do know it's the UK version. You can play it just fine, but you'll need a UK psn to buy dlc.

[quote name='shadowassassin']which version is better ps3 or 360? If one is better.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, DA was supposed to be offered at dlc.. for $30. Thats why we dumped our DD copy, and bought the new bundled release for $24 shipped instead. Then in Jan they flip flopped, deciding it was going to only be in th enew bundled release.

There are plenty of preview trailers for DA, if you google it. I've seen at least 5 different preview trailers.

[quote name='Mad dog']Someone mentioned pre-ordering DA for $25 shipped. What is this about, is it still available? I'm about to put in for my copy on Amazon, but I'd like something less than $39.99+tax if possible.[/QUOTE]

European sites. Zavvi and Base.com, although I think the price went up a little since at Base.

I have Dark Arisen for PS3 on pre-order from Zavvi myself.

[quote name='Motoki']European sites. Zavvi and Base.com, although I think the price went up a little since at Base.

I have Dark Arisen for PS3 on pre-order from Zavvi myself.[/QUOTE]

So its really not 29.99 its 39+tax and shipping

[quote name='starmask2k3']So its really not 29.99 its 39+tax and shipping[/QUOTE]

The total price right now at Zavvi WITH SHIPPING is £17.97 or $27.36. No additional tax is added to that but your bank or card may charge a small currency conversion fee. Occasionally Zavvi will run sales with additional percentages off and I got it when it was 10% off so paid £16.27 or $24.78.

The UK version will play just fine on the PS3. If you need DLC it will have to be done through an EU PSN account but hopefully this comes with all the DLC bundled and if not I'll either do without or make an EU PSN account and add funds to it. I'm mostly just interested in getting the base game and the expansion which getting it from Zavvi does and at a reasonable price.

If you don't want the EU version you are welcome to pay $39.99 + tax and shipping as you pointed out but buying the EU version at $27 is an option available and I think it's worth pointing out.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Yeah, not sure why anyone would buy this unless it was like $5 considering a superior version of the game is coming out shortly.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. I thought Dark Arisen was just DLC or something. Will wait on that instead.

I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen US preorder prices in the same ballpark as the euro deals. I just hope that there aren't any significant differences between the euro version and the us version.

[quote name='Gareee']We preordered DD DA for $24 shipped last week from the tipoff here, and dumped our unopened DD we picked up around the holiday season for $15 I think, on ebay this last week for $24.

So DD DA will end up bing a great deal for us. We still have skyrim to keep us warm till its released.. ;)[/QUOTE]

What $24 :O I would have jumped on that

I waffled and ended up missing out on a coupon code that would have saved a bit more, but I'm sure we'll get our money's worth from the purchase. I already picked up the guide book for it when gamestop had that deep dicount sale on guidebooks.. I think that only ran us $8 or so.

bread's done
Back