Are you buying a 720/Infinity/Nextbox at launch?

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Will you buy one at launch and if so, why?

For me, I'd prefer (like most CAG's) to pay as little as possible. I won't buy any console over 400 until it lowers in price. $400 (399.99) is still pretty high so they'd have to have some damn convincing games at launch. If they had Alan Wake 2 as a launch title I'd be pretty tempted. I didn't buy a Wii U because it had nothing, if it had an Earthbound U at launch, I would have bought it immediately. For PS4, if they had a game like Ni No Kuni I'd be pretty tempted.

For the next Xbox if they have one of the following games, I'd be tempted to buy it at launch:
Alan Wake 2
new Elder Scrolls game
Fable 4
Mass Effect 4
Gears 5
Dragon Age 3

Of that list, if there was at least 3 of these launching with the new Xbox, I would get it. If there were at least 2 they would have to be Alan Wake 2 and the Elder Scrolls game. If it's only one of that list, I won't buy it but would be tempted. I won't go into greater detail for the other consoles since this isn't the right forum, just wanted to throw out some of my favorites.

It's also possible that a new IP could be added to that list if they announce some new stuff.

[quote name='mitch079']Nope. I never buy at launch.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't either. I have a decent backlog to play through while waiting for a price drop. It's very unlikely that they'd have enough games to convince me to buy anyway.

Depends where I'm at in life. I'd like one, and if there are good launch titles then I might, but I won't go out of my way to grab one. If I can snag it on Amazon great, but I'll be done with the police academy by August so there is no way of knowing what I'll be doing. Battlefield 4 at or near launch will be the main thing I'm looking for.

I'd rather not buy a launch Xbox, but we will see... I had lots of problems with my launch 360, so I'm just worried that it might happen again.

[quote name='Blaster man']I usually don't either. I have a decent backlog to play through while waiting for a price drop. It's very unlikely that they'd have enough games to convince me to buy anyway.[/QUOTE]

I will not buy it at launch so I can cry about a companies sales for 5 months and look like a douche bag on a daily basis.

No. I'll work through my backlog until at least the first price drop and see whether I want the next Xbox or ps4 at that point as I'll only have one console for sure next gen.

at this stage in my life, with a wife and kids, I have plenty of backlog that I don't have enough time for, so the real answer is no.
What I want to say is "If they announced Fallout 4, they would have my money"

Release a game that's original and not a first person shooter; also don't charge for online play...then I will think about it; but still not at launch.

I only have a xbox for Alan Wake so personally I would love a sequel to it!

Depends on the games. I Got to admit though and even I'm shocked and weirded out by this, but if Dance Central 4 is a launch title...then I'll get it.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I'd rather not buy a launch Xbox, but we will see... I had lots of problems with my launch 360, so I'm just worried that it might happen again.[/QUOTE]

Kind of unfair to judge unreleased hardware based on issues from 10 years ago dont ya think?

Battlefield 4 = yes. If there's any game that you end up paying less than a dollar per hour of gameplay for, then it's worth it no matter what.

My mind right now is made up in getting a PS4. However, like I did with the current gen I'd probably have both down the line to play any exclusives.

Problem is this..... with the a lot of people getting burnt from the RROD, I am sure people are going to be cautious, which will probably hurt MS at first. I've been thru 4 360's before they finally came up with a redesigned the minimized the problem. If it wasn't for that Microcenter promo back in 2007, I would have been really hurting in my pocket.

Word is that the next Call of Duty will be for Next Gen only, which is gonna piss off A LOT of people. If they really want to force us on Next Gen now, they could start shutting down servers for previous COD games. I for one am not going to jump on the next gen wagon for another 2 or 3 years until the price hits under 300 dollars and atleast one redesign.

I will not buy for at least the first year..if not longer. The main reasons are its to expensive, possible hardware failure, and of course, my big ass backlog.

The things that might make me reconsider would be releasing The Witcher 3, Condemned 3, Pgr 5, Alan Wake 2, Tge Walking Dead Season Two and/or a Suda 51 within the first 6 months of launch.

But if they decide to do the whole ban used games and online at all times crap then I'll just get a PS4 or Wii-U

Nope. Have a decent backlog and will wait for a price drop. Only way I'll buy a next-gen at or near launch is if the new Mass Effect game and Fallout 4 are launch titles.

No, for all the same reasons people have stated. I have a huge (900+) backlog to work on, I want to see how the prices shake out on the new consoles, want to see if MS can make a console that isn't going to die within a year etc

I intend to wait at least a year this time, maybe more.

[quote name='benjamouth']No, for all the same reasons people have stated. I have a huge (900+) backlog to work on, I want to see how the prices shake out on the new consoles, want to see if MS can make a console that isn't going to die within a year etc

I intend to wait at least a year this time, maybe more.[/QUOTE]

900? Is this steam you're talking about? I doubt I could find 900 games on all three consoles that I want to play...

[quote name='myl0r']at this stage in my life, with a wife and kids, I have plenty of backlog that I don't have enough time for, so the real answer is no.
What I want to say is "If they announced Fallout 4, they would have my money"[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat with on this one here. Wife, kids and now going back to school and like you my back log is starting to get pretty big for myself. But if fallout three comes out I am so buying one and it would be great if a fallout theam xbox comes out.

Hell no. The only two things that could possibly make me budge on this is Fallout 4 and/or BC. Even then I could easily talk myself out of it as a decent library is top priority for me.

Well considering I know absolutely nothing about it at this point, definitely not. Everything right now is based on speculation, conjecture, and rumors. What I will say though, based on it being the successor to the 360 though, I probably won't be interested because my 360 just sits collecting dust these days because significant features are locked to me being required to to subscribe to Live, which I'm simply not interested in paying for.

At this point, considering how deep into the portables (3DS and Vita) I've gotten, it's likely that the Wii U will be my last console purchase for a long time.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Problem is this..... with the a lot of people getting burnt from the RROD, I am sure people are going to be cautious, which will probably hurt MS at first. I've been thru 4 360's before they finally came up with a redesigned the minimized the problem. If it wasn't for that Microcenter promo back in 2007, I would have been really hurting in my pocket.

Word is that the next Call of Duty will be for Next Gen only, which is gonna piss off A LOT of people. If they really want to force us on Next Gen now, they could start shutting down servers for previous COD games. I for one am not going to jump on the next gen wagon for another 2 or 3 years until the price hits under 300 dollars and atleast one redesign.[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe that for a second? For that to actually feasibly be true, both Microsoft and Sony would have to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to Activision so that they could sell their next gen consoles. It would make ZERO money sense to do that. On Activisions end, why would they not include the 360 and ps3? Think about how much money they would be leaving on the table. Activision is a company. Companies are out to make as much money as possible first and foremost

Unless the no used games thing is real (I cant believe MS would be so dumb) I will likely have this day one. I wont go through any effort to get it though. If I find it on Amazon to preorder I will.

No way. Microsoft has cemented my decision to return to PC gaming after everything they've done since the 360 launched. That dashboard still pisses me off.

Nope. I don't buy anything at launch anymore. I'm not a beta tester.

Also, I'm waiting to see how MS and Sony actually handle the "online all the time" question. They can spin it any way they want before release, but what they actually do after release is something entirely different.

Well the "anti-used" rumors are getting stronger instead of dissipating. Kiss of death. It will kill their system if Sony doesn't have the same thing in place and will set back the gaming industry. Hell, the WiiU could suddenly become the console of choice by default.

I'd imagine it will be software based though so they can "patch" back in the ability to play used games when this bites them in the ass.

Time for gamers to stand strong and speak with their wallets.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Problem is this..... with the a lot of people getting burnt from the RROD, I am sure people are going to be cautious, which will probably hurt MS at first.
[/QUOTE]

:lol: There is no way that happens again. Of all three I'd almost bet on the next Xbox being the most reliable. I doubt MS wants to flush another billion repairing systems.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Word is that the next Call of Duty will be for Next Gen only, [/QUOTE]

On the high side there is probably a 0% chance of this happening.

Man Microsoft has some huge catching up to do. Already some of the news out of GDC is promising for the PS4. Blacklight Retribution is coming to the PS4. Sony was really smart looking back now to announce early. It allows all these developers to talk about the PS4 freely while we continue to wonder about the next xbox.

Nope. I'm going to wait and see how the next gen plays out a little bit first. There has been a lot of Sony hype and I hope they get it right out of the gate this time.

No used games will basically mean I'm not buying for a long long long time.

I will probably buy it and the inevitable Dynasty Warriors port. Maybe not day one, but soon after...

Yes, I am probably one of the 3-4 people in America who's influenced by DW games. Imagine seeing that on a registration card.

Corvin;10607590 :lol: There is no way that happens again. Of all three I'd almost bet on the next Xbox being the most reliable. I doubt MS wants to flush another billion repairing systems. On the high side there is probably a 0% chance of this happening.[/QUOTE said:
I'm no Nintendo fan boy, but I highly doubt any other system, especially one from MS, will ever be more reliable then anything Nintendo can put out.

If they continue to let rumors spread about the used game issue, then I definitely won't be owning one at all. Now if they do confirm that the console will play used games then I'm all in for one. Maybe. Might end up switching to the ps4 but we'll have to see when they come out.

But to answer if I'm getting one at launch, that will be a definite no. I'll keep my 360 for a while longer until either the bugs are known and fixed or the price drops.

The only thing that will get me to buy a launch 720 is Dance Central 4 and Kinect 2. If DC4 is out at release I can probably justify it as exercise. :) Yeah, I realize I'm likely in the minority on that.

Yes and with a a warranty this time for the next xbox.
Unless
- no used games
- no BC at all, not even achievements showing for my achievement whore ass.
- $599 US dollars

[quote name='Vap']I'm no Nintendo fan boy, but I highly doubt any other system, especially one from MS, will ever be more reliable then anything Nintendo can put out.[/QUOTE]

The original XBox was more durable then my Wii. My Wii's graphic card overheated (I get random spots during gameplay) while I played the original XBox 40+ hours a week for a good 4-5 years and never had any issues. The original XBox was near bulletproof.

Course that cost MS a lot of money because of their agreement. They ended up losing like $200+ per console.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The original XBox was near bulletproof.[/QUOTE]

If you got one with a Samsung drive, you're good to go, but the original Thomson DVD drives were awful and there's tons of Xboxes out there that just wont read disks anymore because of them.

[quote name='crunchewy']The only thing that will get me to buy a launch 720 is Dance Central 4 and Kinect 2. If DC4 is out at release I can probably justify it as exercise. :) Yeah, I realize I'm likely in the minority on that.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I'm with you.

[quote name='BigPopov']I will probably buy it and the inevitable Dynasty Warriors port. Maybe not day one, but soon after...

Yes, I am probably one of the 3-4 people in America who's influenced by DW games. Imagine seeing that on a registration card.[/QUOTE]

That is why I own a wii U lol. I'm mainly a 360 gamer so bumming me out that many are only coming to ps3 here now but w/e I have one so its not that big of a deal.

I am probably getting at least 1 new system this year but I will not buy one if they do that no used games thing. I rarely even buy used games but am just against it. Unless they gave us steam prices and sales but that isn't going to happen with Microsoft. I'm more leaning to Sony though as long they give me a cross game party chat if not if not then F them. I'm not putting my focus on a system with no party chat. I don't like how microsoft has focused so much on nongaming things on the Xbox. I really don't care for that new dashboard on the 360 either which they will probably keep that style.
I've got a great PC that is hooked up to my TV and it will keep me occupied for a long time if I hate the new systems enough.

bread's done
Back