$20 off select EA games with purchase of $15 in Dove Men+ Care (SimCity $20 net)

apterous

CAGiversary!
Amazon Linky

I am not going for this deal (Old Spice guy myself), but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming you all use shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc and might be interested. If you will actually use these products, SimCity is $20 and you have $15 worth of girly-smelly soap and deodorant with a "for men" sticker thrown on.

Valid game price *before* $20 discount:
Dead Space 3: $40 console or PC
NFS: MW $50 console, $40 PC
SimCity: $40

I think they had more games last week so this sale seems winding down, but now that some of the game prices have dropped a bit more this deal is much better.

Edit: DS3 additional price drop, thanx for pointing it out :)
Edit 2: Join my Sim-Region, name is SportRat, friend me on Origin and park yur trailer in one of my lots. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still going on, but the $40 price on Amazon is for the physical copy only. The cutoff for the free game is tomorrow at 11:59PM. So if you decide to go with this offer, you won't be getting the free game from EA.

[quote name='syclick']It's still going on, but the $40 price on Amazon is for the physical copy only. The cutoff for the free game is tomorrow at 11:59PM. So if you decide to go with this offer, you won't be getting the free game from EA.[/QUOTE]

could buy it from a physical store, and just return the amazon copy

I use dove soap all the time at my house, never tried any of the men+ stuff before though. I might just get some deodorant and shampoo since I need it anyways and get Dead Space 3 for $20 with discount

Not a fan of Dove products, but thanks OP.

I have been out of the Sim City loop. Are there DLC milking with additional buildings and build space etc.?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I nominate this for strangest deal of the year :applause:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is just bizarre.

Thinking of pulling the trigger. I'll end up with Simcity, Dead Space 3 via origin, and Dove products for $32.71. Not bad...

Items (4): $55.71
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$1.00
Total before tax: $32.71

Here are the dove products...
Dove Men + Care Antiperspirant, Twin Pack, 5.4 Ounce $6.97
Dove Men+Care Anti Dandruff Fortifying Shampoo $3.97
Dove Men+Care Sensitive + Face Wash $4.78

[quote name='Japakneez']Thinking of pulling the trigger. I'll end up with Simcity, Dead Space 3 via origin, and Dove products for $32.71. Not bad...

Items (4): $55.71
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Total before tax: $32.71

Here are the dove products...
Dove Men + Care Antiperspirant, Twin Pack, 5.4 Ounce $6.97
Dove Men+Care Anti Dandruff Fortifying Shampoo $3.97
Dove Men+Care Sensitive + Face Wash $4.78[/QUOTE]

The free game ends tomorrow. You won't get that simcity in time

[quote name='Japakneez']Thinking of pulling the trigger. I'll end up with Simcity, Dead Space 3 via origin, and Dove products for $32.71. Not bad...[/QUOTE]

I don't see how you could. By the time you receive the game, the promotion will have ended. The game has to be activated by 11:59PM tomorrow, and I don't see how you can do that while it's in shipping.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Does Dove make extra small rubbers? Only thing I'd be interested in buying.[/QUOTE]
Dove's are meant to symbolize freedom and peace, in short, Dove expects you to raw dog it.

[quote name='Japakneez']Simcity LE is at my local target. I'm picking it up there and then returning the amazon one when it comes in.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with that sometimes Target has retailer specific upcs to prevent that kind of return shenanigans.

[quote name='Japakneez']Simcity LE is at my local target. I'm picking it up there and then returning the amazon one when it comes in.[/QUOTE]
Am I missing something? How do you do this if you don't have the receipt for a target purchase?

[quote name='TooPoor']Am I missing something? How do you do this if you don't have the receipt for a target purchase?[/QUOTE]

Getting Dead Space 3 for free from Origin by purchasing SimCity from Amazon for $20 off by also purchasing $15 of Dove Products but needing to register Sim City online before it will arrive in the mail, so buying a temporary copy from Target to register now and return the same item back to Target when it arrives from Amazon...

...and the only thing that confuses you is the acquisition of the Target receipt?

[quote name='Kerig']Getting Dead Space 3 for free from Origin by purchasing SimCity from Amazon for $20 off by also purchasing $15 of Dove Products but needing to register Sim City online before it will arrive in the mail, so buying a temporary copy from Target to register now and return the same item back to Target when it arrives from Amazon...

...and the only thing that confuses you is the acquisition of the Target receipt?[/QUOTE]
Oh, I didn't follow the cut off date of the free game. Now it makes sense.
I thought it was a buy $20 from Amazon, and somehow return to target for $59.99 thing.

Man, the cut off date for the one free game from origin is tomorrow, March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT to be more specific. Really tempted to try the buy and return thing mention by Japakneez. Ahhhh Screw it I'm going to try it

Thanks OP, what a weird deal though, at least the mountain dew and slim jim promo made sense.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Man, the cut off date for the one free game from origin is tomorrow Correction March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT be more specific. Really tempted to try the buy and return thing mention by Japakneez. Ahhhh Screw it I'm going to try it

Thanks OP, what a weird deal though, at least the mountain dew and slim jim promo made sense.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed Simcity LE from target. It should be a match with the one sold on amazon. Amazon has a price scanner app. i used it to scan the barcode and it sent me straight to amazons listing

On that note I don't recall EA doing retailer specific editions as someone earlier warned. i know ubisoft and wb games does it

I have the EA games I want already, but I just wanted to come in and say that the Dove Men+ products are awesome.

Soap keeps me fresh and doesn't dry out my skin, and the shampoo loves my hair and has tea tree oil in it.

Just wanted to put my two cents in for those on the fence, LOL

[quote name='ld_helix']man, the cut off date for the one free game from origin is tomorrow, march 25, 2013 at 11:59pm pdt to be more specific. Really tempted to try the buy and return thing mention by japakneez. ahhhh screw it i'm going to try it

thanks op, what a weird deal though, at least the mountain dew and slim jim promo made sense.[/quote]

lol

Or if you interest in Dove product only

simply purchase $15 worth of Dove + Dead Space 3
Trade in Dead Space 3 in Best Buy for $14(100% promotion = $28)
*Convert BB credit to Amazon if you prefer one on another

Pay $15+$40-$20 = $35 in Amazon
Get $15 worth of Dove + $28 BB GC/Amazon GC = $44

Half off Dove's product with future investment of $28 in BB/Amazon

Heh, got myself some Hygiene supplies I needed anyway and Sim City for $20! How can you go wrong?!

@green Arrow- The free games are for digital PC versions only, so wouldnt that not work?

[quote name='Glomerate']The digital version of simcity looks to be on sale now too, would this still work with that?

Simcity Digital on Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

Game downloads can only be purchased one at a time. Since you can't add game downloads to your cart, looks like it won't work with this promo.

Building cities and smelling good at the same time. Picked a copy at Target. Once I get my amazon copy I will return that at Target. :)

Just asked the Mrs., she said we have hoarded too many Body Shop products during their BF sale and 50% off sale, and she hates the Dove smell :(

Ah well, I would have done it if I could apply the game to my account in time to get the free game as well. But $20 for just SimCity or Dead Space 3 is still a little too steep for me.

[quote name='apterous']Amazon Linky
sig.jpg

I am not going for this deal (Old Spice guy myself), but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming you all use shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc and might be interested. If you will actually use these products, SimCity is $20 and you have $15 worth of girly-smelly soap and deodorant with a "for men" sticker thrown on.

Valid game price *before* $20 discount:
Dead Space 3: $40 console or PC
NFS: MW $50 console, $40 PC
SimCity: $40

I think they had more games last week so this sale seems winding down, but now that some of the game prices have dropped a bit more this deal is much better.

Edit: DS3 additional price drop, thanx for pointing it out :)
Edit 2: Join my Sim-Region, name is SportRat, friend me on Origin and park yur trailer in one of my lots. :)[/QUOTE]

Good deal

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MightyHealthy']I have the EA games I want already, but I just wanted to come in and say that the Dove Men+ products are awesome.

Soap keeps me fresh and doesn't dry out my skin, and the shampoo loves my hair and has tea tree oil in it.

Just wanted to put my two cents in for those on the fence, LOL[/QUOTE]

I second these thoughts about the Dove Men+ Care products. I've been using the soap for a couple years now and it's the best I've used. Getting SimCity on the cheap ... ;)

Be aware a lot of the Dove products are OOS (although you can still order). Don't expect them to ship for quite a while either... especially if this deal takes off!

Well I bought the copy at target, ran the setup and I am living the debacle : Simcity has been trying to activate for about 15 mins... Is it really that hard to validate a code? :D

Edit: Well it was not hung, it really took 20 mins to validate the code. :)

[quote name='perdition(troy']tempted but I read you have to be online at all times to use Sim City?[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's the principal of the thing that upsets most gamers. However, the game itself is quite good!

[quote name='GreenArrow']Or if you interest in Dove product only

simply purchase $15 worth of Dove + Dead Space 3
Trade in Dead Space 3 in Best Buy for $14(100% promotion = $28)
*Convert BB credit to Amazon if you prefer one on another

Pay $15+$40-$20 = $35 in Amazon
Get $15 worth of Dove + $28 BB GC/Amazon GC = $44

Half off Dove's product with future investment of $28 in BB/Amazon[/QUOTE]

Nice. Too bad I can't trade in the dove..

bread's done
Back