- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

#301 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   1979 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Not sure why I'm so excited over this. Maybe it's because I'm a huge Pokemon fan, but I always thought the 3DS XL was pretty stupid, now I can't wait to be able to try it out. I have a few games on backlog that I'm hoping to start up once I get this.

#302 haywire69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

haywire69

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

TRU's deal is they are selling it for 179.99 with $20.gift.

#303 biggrey   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

In for one 3DS. Can choose between the purple 3ds or a 3DS XL

#304 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

TRU's deal is they are selling it for 179.99 with $20.gift.

Kind of six of one at that point, thee target route though you'll pay (slightly) less tax at least and not be stuck with that $20 tied up at TRU. Now if it's the $170 flat with the GC that's mentioned elsewhere in that thread then that's a little better if, like me, you're going to be getting Luigi as well.

In for one 3DS. Can choose between the purple 3ds or a 3DS XL

I really wish there were more freaking color choices in the NA systems, don't know why Nintendo has it in their head that we want some of these awful colors here since the GBA launch. I think that's why I'm so torn over which Xl to get because I just don't like any of them! I keep waffling between the red and Pickachu though; the red because I think it's likely going to be the most ok looking and the Pikachu because it's a special edition.

3ds120.gif Rhythm Heaven, Chrono Trigger  :pc: Diablo 3 :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: TBD :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2016: 11 - Recently Completed: :3ds: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#305 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   1979 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I love the way the Pikachu one looks, not sure why people are bashing it. The only problem I have with it is that the inside is going to be completely white. I'm expecting it to get a bit dirty like my old DS Lite.

#306 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I love the way the Pikachu one looks, not sure why people are bashing it. The only problem I have with it is that the inside is going to be completely white. I'm expecting it to get a bit dirty like my old DS Lite.

Well I'm not bashing it, I think it looks fine and the tail wrapping over the back is a nice touch. I'm just not a huge Pikachu fan and the yellow is very bright. Not that I've ever taken my DS out of the house but to paraphrase someone earlier, I don't know if I'm secure enough to be judged by people I'll never see again. I'm just not sure it's for me is all and wish one of the colors would really grab me over the others.

Finished Games 2016: 11 - Recently Completed: :3ds: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam :mrgreen:

Trade List

#307 Discofrog   me0w! CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Discofrog

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Tempted to pick up either Black Ops II, Crysis 3, or Dead Space 3, but will more than likely still hold out.

#308 Chedeng88   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

With the pre-order price at Target.com set at $199.99 right now, are you guys saying that the actual price of this come Sunday in-store will be $170 (or whatever the rumor is)?

#309 Nesboy43   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Nesboy43

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

With the pre-order price at Target.com set at $199.99 right now, are you guys saying that the actual price of this come Sunday in-store will be $170 (or whatever the rumor is)?

It will be 159.99 as the leaked advertisement has shown, that is unless the ad design was changed by Target between than and now, it did leak very early. As another user has stated, the Target.com site will price match within a week of purchasing the item if the weekly Target ad is lower than what you bought it for.

The price is in store and will probably go up on the site too come Sunday. Im not sure how far in advance the ads are completed but it did leak very far ahead of its intended week. The fact that Toys R Us is offering a special is most likely to compete with Target, they are both doing this as loss-leaders to get people to buy software in the store.

#310 Chedeng88   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks. I just pre-ordered at Target.com just to ensure that I'll get my hands on one. Then I'll price match as soon as I get it.

#311 biggrey   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I really wish there were more freaking color choices in the NA systems, don't know why Nintendo has it in their head that we want some of these awful colors here since the GBA launch. I think that's why I'm so torn over which Xl to get because I just don't like any of them! I keep waffling between the red and Pickachu though; the red because I think it's likely going to be the most ok looking and the Pikachu because it's a special edition.[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly when it comes to colors. ill prob go red.

#312 snoopydoggy2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

snoopydoggy2002

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Do you plan on looking at your 3ds more than playing? color doesn't matter.

#313 lakerfanalways   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

lakerfanalways

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Id get this if I didnt already have the blue 3ds XL..I wonder if Gamestop will have any kind of trade in promo to get the Pikachu 3ds XL if you trade in another 3ds XL..otherwise I will just keep what I have..the Pikachu one looks cool but it being white inside I dont know if I like it that much

#314 moveonjenkins   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

moveonjenkins

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Who did it first? Is it currently $29.99 at Gamestop?

Does amazon say "Look at me, look at me"? and send out e-mails or fliers advertising this price?

Does amazon charge more for used games then games on sale?

Would I get an opened game if I bought it new from amazon?

I hardly ever sell gutted games. Any time someone wants something that is new, they get one still in its plastic wrap. You only get a gutted one if it is the last one in the store as the case for it is used for display. I actually always need to look at the drawers labels to recall where each system's games are because I never need to get into them. Anyway. The companies aren't going to make and ship out out empty cases.

#315 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Do you plan on looking at your car more than driving it? color doesn't matter.

#316 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

If it was the primary factor than I wouldn't be getting a 3DS, but like our clothes/car/other things we buy it's nice to have something we find pleasing given the choice.

Trade List

#317 Pinecallado   CAG in Training CAG in Training   8 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Pinecallado

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

How much do you think I will get for trading in a 80gb ps3 fat? (Non BC)

#318 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2258 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Still debating if I should sell my 3DS and get an XL...eBay doesn't seem to net much after fees and although I've never had an issue using Craigslist, I just prefer not to.

#319 snoopydoggy2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

snoopydoggy2002

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Do you plan on looking at your car more than driving it? color doesn't matter.

THis is a $150 purchase not a $15,000+ one.

#320 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Not all of us can have SnoopDizzle money and $150 feels close enough to $15,000 to care about such matters. Some of us also keep these things for longer than most people keep their car.

Trade List

#321 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1822 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

THis is a $150 purchase not a $15,000+ one.

Yes, the analogy, however, still remains relevant. I don't know about you but I don't spit out $150 on just anything. In fact the only reason I'm getting an XL is because it's got Pikachu on it. :lol:

#322 Flacksguy  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Well, since Gamestop STILL has not gotten any copies of Lego City in yet, I cancelled my preorder, and went across the parking lot to Target.
Picked up Lego City and two other games. Going to just return the other two and end up with Lego City slightly cheaper....and I'm never preordering from Gamestop again.

Even my 11 yr old son was like "it's GAMEstop, they only sell GAMES, and they don't have it, but Target, that sells everything, DOES!

Probably worked out better since I got it cheaper, but it was still frustrating having to drive there two days in a row, and I had credit there.

#323 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well, since Gamestop STILL has not gotten any copies of Lego City in yet, I cancelled my preorder, and went across the parking lot to Target.
Picked up Lego City and two other games. Going to just return the other two and end up with Lego City slightly cheaper....and I'm never preordering from Gamestop again.

Even my 11 yr old son was like "it's GAMEstop, they only sell GAMES, and they don't have it, but Target, that sells everything, DOES!

This reminds me of what Penny Arcade said for years about the ridiculousness of having to pre-order something for them to be even able to sell it to you or going across the street to Best Buy or wherever and just buying it.

Trade List

#324 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5137 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Anyone know how price matching would work at BB if you used rewards in the original purchase? Do they bring the original price down and you will still keep your reward savings?

It is based on the original purchase price. They will give back Reward Zone points before they give you cash/credit card. They take so many days to repost to your account i.e. not overnight.

#325 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4640 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

This reminds me of what Penny Arcade said for years about the ridiculousness of having to pre-order something for them to be even able to sell it to you or going across the street to Best Buy or wherever and just buying it.

In fairness though, there was a manufacturer/distributor delay, so it's not like Gamestop wanted to not have the game in stock to sell to people day one. I know the Target I went to yesterday only got two copies of the game in and they said they were expecting more copies since they had sold those reservation cards for something like six copies.

#326 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Oh I know, Monster Hunter seems to have suffered the same thing but it was more about the principle of the idea.

Trade List

#327 Bioterror   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

What's happing with all the nintendo delay's at first there was the fire emblem delay and now Lego City and Monster Hunter.

#328 Wompdevil   Noob 4 Life CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Wompdevil

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

What's happing with all the nintendo delay's at first there was the fire emblem delay and now Lego City and Monster Hunter.

Conspiracists theory is that it is Nintendo's way to push digital sales, but who knows.

523546.pngShaq_zpsasgcnpc1.gif

#329 Aleth   Shhhhh...I'm waiting... CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Picked up persona 4 gold a new. It was supposed to be new but they were missing the case. They want me to come back later to get a case from another store and gave me 25% off for the troubles. This...coming from the awful one in the mall. It was surreal...

#330 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   34078 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

You know what would push digital sales? Moving to an account based system so we don't hear stories about people losing hundreds of dollars of games when their system goes haywire.

Trade List