Hori - Protective Screen Filter for PS Vita $2.99 @ BestBuy.com

[quote name='htz']Hori - Protective Screen Filter for PS Vita $2.99[/QUOTE]

Best screen protector for the VITA IMO. Covers the entire front frace. It can be a bear to put on, and since it only comes with one I'd suggest looking at some of the youtube videos first.

I'm definitely going to buy 1 or 2 as back ups for my vitas

Thanks for posting!

Thanks htz. Bought these back in December. Gonna buy a couple since the one I have on now is fairly scratched up.

I Ghost Armored mine right after release. Why would you put a cheap screen protector on an expensive screen? I don't think a trophy wife would appreciate you buying her dresses at Wal-Mart.

Don't even have a Vita yet, but grabbed one. I only trust Hori for screen protectors. Thanks OP!

[quote name='rbanez']i was wondering how many screen protectors are there in one packet of this?[/quote]

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I Ghost Armored mine right after release. Why would you put a cheap screen protector on an expensive screen? I don't think a trophy wife would appreciate you buying her dresses at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Military Grade screen protectors! Ha!

Do you also buy Monster Cables? Those gold plated cables make your picture look better!

Hori is a good, quality brand. Price isn't everything.. Thanks OP, these were sold out forever after the Vita launch and I forgot about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna order a set to ship, since all my stores are out. I used the official Sony ones, those are amazing too. Had the same one on my Vita since release date, no scratches or smudges, and they even fit my 3DS XL screen lol.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I Ghost Armored mine right after release. Why would you put a cheap screen protector on an expensive screen? I don't think a trophy wife would appreciate you buying her dresses at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

so you are saying your playstation vita is like a woman to you ?... strange fetish you got there.

[quote name='NEP']Military Grade screen protectors! Ha!

Do you also buy Monster Cables? Those gold plated cables make your picture look better!

Hori is a good, quality brand. Price isn't everything.. Thanks OP, these were sold out forever after the Vita launch and I forgot about them.[/QUOTE]

Monster cables are garbage. I've Ghost Armored a ton of stuff ans years go by and they still look new. Totally worth it.

[quote name='Alex121006']so you are saying your playstation vita is like a woman to you ?... strange fetish you got there.[/QUOTE]

No because I have a Vita...

The Hori screen protectors are some of the best for video game handhelds and even WiiU. The fact that you can get this one at this price is even better.

I initially bought a ZAGG Max Coverage PS Vita protector. Oh my lord, it was horrible. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! Anyway, Amazon were good sports, I returned it, completely ruined, but got a full refund.

I immediately bought the HORI one, and oh my lord, it was amazing! I love it so much, I think I'll buy me a back up one just in case. If you own a Vita, take advantage of this deal!

[quote name='Chocoburger']I initially bought a ZAGG Max Coverage PS Vita protector. Oh my lord, it was horrible. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! Anyway, Amazon were good sports, I returned it, completely ruined, but got a full refund.

I immediately bought the HORI one, and oh my lord, it was amazing! I love it so much, I think I'll buy me a back up one just in case. If you own a Vita, take advantage of this deal![/QUOTE]

The "wet" install protectors are a superior product(IMO), but it does require experience and patience to install properly(can take a whole day in some cases). My first one came out poorly as well, but I liked the idea of what it offered and how the finished product could look. So I kept coming back for more abuse. LOL

I still use Hori for all my "screen" needs, but I use "wet" install skins for the "all over" areas of my devices(Skinomi, Zagg, etc.).

The Hori install process is awesome(They have improved it greatly over the years), and at this price it can't be beat. Other cheap brands now use their process as well. I just bought an XL skin direct from Hori last week and it was over 15 bucks. Amazon offers them cheaper, but I couldn't wait on their slow shipping, so I went direct to Hori.

[quote name='h4mx0r']What's the best way to clean the front of my Vita of finger oils and whatever before I apply the Hori protector?[/QUOTE]

Windex!

Don't go spraying on the vita, just spray some on a paper towel and clean away.

Awesome products from Hori! I have it on my Vita, 3DS XL & WiiU gamepad (screen). Need to get the newly released front face protector for the WiiU gamepad. In for 2 for back up and/or a new Vita color gets released I like (translucent red but doubt it). Oh yeah, they make great arcade joysticks too, LOL!...Hori VLX Diamond FTMFW!!

Terrific screen protector. I put one on right at launch and it still looks perfect. Super easy application process and is barely visible.

I think I'll grab another just as a backup.

When I first got it I would have completely agreed, I've bought Hori gear before, (HORI RAP VLX) and was impressed with their quality. So after actually receiving these, man.. I was disappointed at first. The material feels exactly the same as any of those crappy $1 protectors you can buy overseas.

However, I've had mine for about 5 months and it's def not the same design. My protector has yet to scratch (then again, I rarely even use it lol) but I do like that it actually doesn't feel like a 'protector' at all compared to any film protector you can buy.

I've had one of these on my Vita for about 8 months now, and I'm really happy with it! It was fairly easy to apply and it doesn't make using the touchscreen difficult like some screen protectors do. And the little cloth it comes with does a really good job at removing fingerprint smudges!

Thanks, OP, in for 1 more in case I need a backup!

[quote name='h4mx0r']What's the best way to clean the front of my Vita of finger oils and whatever before I apply the Hori protector?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Windex!

Don't go spraying on the vita, just spray some on a paper towel and clean away.[/QUOTE]
GOOD GOD! DON'T PUT PAPER TOWELS ONTO ANY SCREEN SURFACE! :hot:

Use a high-quality microfiber cloth! And not the crappy cheap-o one that comes with this screen protector. I highly suggest buying one (or a pack of multiple) good quality microfiber cloths.

There is no comparison between the cheapie and the goodie types. That is, if you actually want your screen to be in truly pristine condition. If not, go ahead and use whatever. :cold:

[quote name='Chocoburger']GOOD GOD! DON'T PUT PAPER TOWELS ONTO ANY SCREEN SURFACE! :hot:

Use a high-quality microfiber cloth! And not the crappy cheap-o one that comes with this screen protector. I highly suggest buying one (or a pack of multiple) good quality microfiber cloths.

There is no comparison between the cheapie and the goodie types. That is, if you actually want your screen to be in truly pristine condition. If not, go ahead and use whatever. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, paper towels are like a fine sand paper. Microfiber all the way. Hori protectors come with a cloth, but it's more like a zig-zagg. Nothing worth using. LOL

[quote name='Chocoburger']I initially bought a ZAGG Max Coverage PS Vita protector. Oh my lord, it was horrible. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS![/QUOTE]

What was the problem with the zagg? I bought the screen only version for my vita and thought it worked great. Was there a performance issue with touch sensitivity or something? They are hard to put on. I've used zagg on 6 devices on trashed 2 or 3 skins trying to line them up, but once on I've been happy.

[quote name='Chocoburger']GOOD GOD! DON'T PUT PAPER TOWELS ONTO ANY SCREEN SURFACE! :hot:

There is no comparison between the cheapie and the goodie types. That is, if you actually want your screen to be in truly pristine condition. If not, go ahead and use whatever. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Huh. I've always used a sheet of bounty and I've never had a problem.

Intesting development. The store that said they had stock (I ordered for in store pickup) sent me an email stating they didn't have any of the Hori's. They said they'd substitute the official Sony screen protectors (only covers the screen but in a 2pk) for the same price. Any opinions on the official Sony product?

[/QUOTE]

Not just screens, don't use paper towels on any 'soft' surface. Screens, car paint, wood finishes, etc.

Paper towels have microscopic wood fragments that will cause scratches.

[quote name='bob330i']Intesting development. The store that said they had stock (I ordered for in store pickup) sent me an email stating they didn't have any of the Hori's. They said they'd substitute the official Sony screen protectors (only covers the screen but in a 2pk) for the same price. Any opinions on the official Sony product?[/QUOTE]

That is the one I have and I love it. It is easy to install and does its job great.

[quote name='Francision']Noooo! No more shipping! (T_T)[/QUOTE]

Good thing I check here before going to sleep. Ordered one last night, thanks OP. :bouncy:

[quote name='linuskinrak']That is the one I have and I love it. It is easy to install and does its job great.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the push. I've only had Horis on my DSL and PSPs.

Previously purchased this and had the geek squad install it. Took them a few times even though they are pros at the zagg shields. I recommend picking up a few or having the Geek Squad do it, because if they mess it up they have to keep trying (with a new protector) until they get it right.

Ymmv.

bread's done
Back