Far Cry 3 (XBOX/PS3) $24.99 F/S

SunCe177

CAGiversary!
Far Cry 3 $24.99 F/S

XBOX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=74-170-079&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

PS3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=79-267-112&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

I saw the other newegg compilation thread but not sure how many people read through it all to see the new additions and I specifically remember during last weeks BB sale of this game ($30) a few people were waiting for a further drop. $24.99 with F/S and no tax for certain states seems pretty solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Hell yeah. I tried to score it used at BBuy for $28 but they were out. I rented it, but only played a few hours, but knew I had to get it at some point. That time is NOW.

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']no love for ps3?[/QUOTE]

Not yet but it is still possible. I noticed earlier the PS3 version of Assassins Creed 3 was dropped to $24.99 while the 360 one stayed at $29.99. Just checked again about an hour ago and it seems the 360 one is now $24.99 as well so I assume it is possible with Far Cry 3 as well.

Waiting for it to hit $20 or less on PC. I do like 99% of my gaming on console, but for some titles it would just be wrong to play them anywhere but PC, and this is one of them. (Sleeping Dogs and Portal 2 were two other examples.)

[quote name='Leggo']Waiting for it to hit $20 or less on PC. I do like 99% of my gaming on console, but for some titles it would just be wrong to play them anywhere but PC, and this is one of them. (Sleeping Dogs and Portal 2 were two other examples.)[/QUOTE]
How is it wrong to play Portal 2 on consoles? I thought it looked great, and one of the best split screen co op material I have encountered.

[quote name='TooPoor']How is it wrong to play Portal 2 on consoles? I thought it looked great, and one of the best split screen co op material I have encountered.[/QUOTE]

I kept playing Portal 2 for another 20 hours or so purely on the back of all of the community content that got churned out, I don't think console gamers can really say the same. Valve is one of the better publishers out there and gives away a ton of free content or makes it available, but their console releases have really never been up to par with the PC because of the restrictive environment. Same goes for TF2 and the L4D games.

Not saying console isn't a valid option, just saying the PC is the superior one almost every time when it comes to Valve games.

[quote name='Leggo']I kept playing Portal 2 for another 20 hours or so purely on the back of all of the community content that got churned out, I don't think console gamers can really say the same. Valve is one of the better publishers out there and gives away a ton of free content or makes it available, but their console releases have really never been up to par with the PC because of the restrictive environment. Same goes for TF2 and the L4D games.

Not saying console isn't a valid option, just saying the PC is the superior one almost every time when it comes to Valve games.[/QUOTE]
Valid argument. I have it on PC but don't have time to indulge in the community content. I got to work through the backlog to keep it under control. Or else turn into those CAGs that have three digit backlogs.

[quote name='Leggo']I kept playing Portal 2 for another 20 hours or so purely on the back of all of the community content that got churned out, I don't think console gamers can really say the same. Valve is one of the better publishers out there and gives away a ton of free content or makes it available, but their console releases have really never been up to par with the PC because of the restrictive environment. Same goes for TF2 and the L4D games.

Not saying console isn't a valid option, just saying the PC is the superior one almost every time when it comes to Valve games.[/QUOTE]

So true... I'm way more into gaming on my 360 then pc, but Valve really does support pc way more then consoles... I'm not really surprised though, with all the stupid rules that are on the Xbox.

[quote name='TooPoor']Valid argument. I have it on PC but don't have time to indulge in the community content. I got to work through the backlog to keep it under control. Or else turn into those CAGs that have three digit backlogs.[/QUOTE]

Guilty as charged, although at this point it's pretty much a four-digit backlog for me. :\ (and you thought hitting 3 digits would make you feel like crap.)

Still, Portal is unique and enjoyable enough that I don't mind going back to it well after I'm done.

[quote name='Leggo']Guilty as charged, although at this point it's pretty much a four-digit backlog for me. :\ (and you thought hitting 3 digits would make you feel like crap.)

Still, Portal is unique and enjoyable enough that I don't mind going back to it well after I'm done.[/QUOTE]

Does this include individual Steam games? If so, with Gamecube, DS, PS1, PS2, & PS3 I'm well over the 500 mark...and now feel shame. :oops:

In my defense, I'd like to add that out of that absurd amount, I've only paid full price for about 20-25 games. A few $30...the vast majority $20 and under...with many of them (Steam) in the $5 or less range.

Dang it! Got it last week at 29.99 in best buy and I thought I that was a great price...........the cheapassgamer in me is disappointed :) but oh we'll.

I love this game by the way, have been playing multiplayer on it and its pretty fun a bit slower than cod but I like the change of pace.

This is such a great price...but I know if I buy now, by the time I get to playing it later this year it will be had for cheaper. I just know it! haha

Don't forget to tell Amazon about these prices using their feedback system. By doing so, it will be more likely that they will match.

Here's how you tell Amazon:

1. Find the product you're looking for.

2. Scroll down to the 'product details' section (If you start reading customer reviews, you've scrolled down too far).

3. In the 'product details' section you'll see options to 'update product info,' 'give feedback on images,' and 'tell us about a lower price.'

4. Click 'tell us about a lower price.'

:)

[quote name='TooPoor']Valid argument. I have it on PC but don't have time to indulge in the community content. I got to work through the backlog to keep it under control. Or else turn into those CAGs that have three digit backlogs.[/QUOTE]

Or just let the backlog continue to grow exponentially and turn into one of those diehard collectors with five digit backlogs and all their games still sealed and in pristine condition.

It is hard to resist at that price. I have been thinking I would get this for PC, better frame rate and cheaper but a friend of mine got it for 360 had wants me to get it there so we can do coop so I might just get this deal.

Great deal. Grabbed a 360.

I'm sure it'll go a little lower, and even have some sales at some point. Even FC2 is $19.xx on Amazon new.

Cool.

I was going to wait for a game of the year edition to see if they will bundle it with the Blood Dragon XBLA game and the deluxe dlc pack, but I can just wait for a marketplace sale or "spend & get" promo.

As someone with a double digit backlog, anyone with more than a 20 game backlog is either a collector or a hoarder. We can say "Oh, we're getting to it" but in reality, those games will rot on the shelf. In the world of nonstop releases and Steam sales, the idea of a large backlog is just something we say to lie to ourselves and others when we want to not feel irresponsible buying a new game. But anyhow...I may get FarCry 3 again. lol

Damn, NewEgg is the Awesome lately. If I hadn't already bought this with a GS coupon I'd definitely grab it now.

[quote name='Leggo']Not saying console isn't a valid option, just saying the PC is the superior one almost every time when it comes to Valve games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PC definitely has the edge because of user-created content and graphics. Myself, I got burnt out over a decade ago on diddledicking with installations and settings and things not running right despite having the required hardware the box said, so I just sort of moved away from PC gaming and never went back. I like the console ability to slap the game in and just start playing (well, after downloading the inevitable patches). I'm sure the PC side has gotten smoother now, but my console backlog is so huge that I just don't want to add another platform.

[quote name='Perromalvado']Dang it! Got it last week at 29.99 in best buy and I thought I that was a great price...........the cheapassgamer in me is disappointed :) but oh we'll.

I love this game by the way, have been playing multiplayer on it and its pretty fun a bit slower than cod but I like the change of pace.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up from BB also. I called customer service and they PM'd. BB new policy includes Newegg. :)

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']Anyone ever gotten away with price matching an out of stock item at a Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I have a print out of it from yesterday when it was still in stock. Ill try it today and if it works I can send the print out to you.

[quote name='Shabby85']I have a print out of it from yesterday when it was still in stock. Ill try it today and if it works I can send the print out to you.[/QUOTE]

That'd be awesome!

[quote name='Perromalvado']Dang it! Got it last week at 29.99 in best buy and I thought I that was a great price...........the cheapassgamer in me is disappointed :) but oh we'll.

I love this game by the way, have been playing multiplayer on it and its pretty fun a bit slower than cod but I like the change of pace.[/QUOTE]

I got it from Amazon at that price last week, and I have to say that the fun I've had in that week with the game more than makes up for the $5 I could have saved.

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']That'd be awesome![/QUOTE]

If you send me your email, I can send it either way. It's worth a try since it could be hit or miss at your local best buy.

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']It's back in stock and back to it's original price. Move along. Nothing to see here folks.[/QUOTE]

I had it in my cart to buy at 25 the other day and it went OOS during checkout...now it comes back in stock at 59.99. ugh!

bread's done
Back