CAGcast #318: Gary Coleman

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]You'll never guess why Gary Coleman is in the title. Also, Bioshock Infinite.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]228[/podcast]
Download (1 hour 12 minutes) - Subscribe - Review
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Master of the House - Les Miserables / Snake PSA

WTB:
Les Miserables

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat's Bane sounds more like the Emperor from Star Wars. BTW this is most likely the best Cagcast of the year so far. I laughed so many times. Gary Coleman for the win!

Oh and I can't believe you guys didn't mention the MGS 5 gameplay demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PisJDUCdPqI

Long time Listener first time poster ect.

In Reference to Tomb Raider being a "flop" It's really kinda sad that a game as good as Tomb Raider is consider a flop after a month of being out. Is it a possibility that more consumers are picking up on the trend of how fast games go on sale after launch, I personally have been picking up the AAA titles couple weeks after the launch just because.

Could these quick sales be screwing everything up in the long term?

Congratz to Shipwreck

I'm guessing from all these congratulations for Shipwreck that he finally got 1,000/1000 in NBA Baller Beats. Now to listen to the show to confirm my suspicions...

Hey Guy's

I started listening about a year and a half ago and I've listened to every episode from episode 1 and today is the day I got to the present, so I have decided to post in the podcast thread for the first time. I have a weird, almost OCD like, trait where I can't start mid way through things (I do the same with TV shows, Youtube series' etc.). It's taken me almost a year listening to about 3 episodes a day. Its been really funny listening to how excited you where for PS3 and XBOX 360 and then hearing your thoughts on the next gen. consoles now. Believe it or not I'm not a big nerd but I do like gaming and as I'm in college (in the UK, I'm 18) I get a lot of free time on my hands. I really appreciate the show and it has really made me smile sometimes. Keep up the good work and congratulations on the news Shipwreck and Mrs Shipwreck.

Congratulations SHIPWRECK!!!! You and Mrs. Wreck's child will arrive about two months after my 3rd child is due to be born in September. Good luck with your next gen. I'm sure you'll be a better parent than Cheapy is and maybe, just maybe, you'll be as good of a parent as Wombat. I dunno about calling your little tug boat Gary Coleman; my suggestion is you go with the rockin' Trash Boat.

BTW: Cheapy, small children shouldn't be left alone--even in a crisis--until they're about 10 years old. Tai is not an exception despite being an exceptional child.

[quote name='200STM']Congrats to the shipwrecks! May the force be with you two.[/QUOTE]

Three. (fixed) :booty:

Congrats to the Shipwreck family. Awesome to hear that all of you can now relate to a loss of time. I recommend you read the book what to expect while she's expecting.

Oh, did Bioshock Infinite come out this week? I hadn't heard...

Also, can we estimate the weekly loss in hours of gametime that Ship Junior's arrival will bring? I'd estimate Elliot George cost Wombat at least 20 hours. Since Ship has a much greater pool of hours to lose, are we talking 30-40?? Can Shipwreck work, care for a baby, and STILL put in a full week's worth of gaming on 4 hours sleep a night?

Congrats to the Shipwrecks! Contrary to popular belief, you will have time to game. Babies sleep a lot. Your value and management of that time will definitely change. Sleep will be your new past time for a while haha.

I really need to change my user name. Wombat, it's bass (musical instrument) - ton3s (or tones) I created the idea when I was 15 and for what ever reason I kept it around. I asked Cheapy a while ago to change it, but haven't heard anything back from him.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']many best wishes to Shipwreck.

I'm waiting to see a BEFORE/AFTER of your gaming time on Raptr.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought upon hearing the great news.
Congrats, Shipwreck and Mrs. Shipwreck.

Congrats, Shipwrecks! :bouncy:

Welcome to the parent party. As a gamer who became a father it, I can verify that you will be getting a lot less sleep. Try to get more sleep now while you still can.

I think Gary Coleman would be awesome!

Engie

Congrats Ship! You will get plenty of gaming time at least the first couple of months since newborns aren't awake for too long. I used to put my son in a swing and had plenty of time to get gaming in.

Congrats, I wouldn't worry about Gary Coleman, by the time he would be going through elementary school none of his peers will know who Gary Coleman is anyway.

When Wombat started to tell his story with the VP and the 3DS I thought maybe it was going to end the same way as the New York City employee who lost his job when Bloomberg saw Solitaire minimized on his desktop.

The new Walking Dead game is basically like a 3D update of Oregon Trail with zombies, if you want a Oregon Trail fix with zombies your better off with Organ Trail, which is 1/8th the price and a lot more amusing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPob1KAQYg

Everone is concerned that Ship will miss gaming time, but think about all of the animals in Ohio that will not be spayed and neutered. It will be like Tokyo Jungle when Mrs Ship goes out on maternity.
Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.

[quote name='theblizzman']Everone is concerned that Ship will miss gaming time, but think about all of the animals in Ohio that will not be spayed and neutered. It will be like Tokyo Jungle when Mrs Ship goes out on maternity.
Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.[/QUOTE]

:lol

you should host Price is Right.

[quote name='basston3s']Congrats to the Shipwrecks! Contrary to popular belief, you will have time to game. Babies sleep a lot. Your value and management of that time will definitely change. Sleep will be your new past time for a while haha.

.[/QUOTE]

Totally, forget playing anything meaningful for the first month but after that, you should be in the swing of things.

Congrats, it's a hell of a ride.

p.s. Ignore Wombat's advice.

I feel bad for how much Borderlands 2 this child will have to play.

Having to hear Cheapy sigh, groan and cough through Wombat's description of the Skyrim DLC, with Wombat almost screaming, "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT LEVEL YOU WERE AT" was the clear highlight of this show.

Congrats to the Shipwrecks!! You guys are going to be awesome parents. :D

I'll have to check out that Organ Trail. BTW Congrats Shipwreck, can we still expect you to make it to PAX Prime these next few years?

Not to defend Walking Dead: Survival Instincts (because I'm not sure that's possible), but you have a second or so after stabbing a zombie in the head to shove the crowd back before the next one magically grabs you. Just saying.

I've played a couple hours of the new Army of Two, and it's actually a lot of fun. A pure arcadey shooter, with points popping up all over the place. I haven't noticed any story to speak of yet, but maybe that's coming later on.

Oh, and I do also play good games on occasion, when I have the time.

As far as the PS4 is concerned, I wish Sony would just announce the only two things I give a damn about: When and How Much.

And congratulations Shipwrecks! Has this yet factored into renewing the girl's basketball coaching contract? Also, congratulations to Wombat, for his impending rise out of last place in Gametime among CAGcast Hosts.

Also...
picture.php

!!Good luck and congrats Shipwreck!!

I lmao at the "game shower". Hehehe

lol, Wombat goes on and on about how he has no time... but then you find out he's still playing skyrim! That's part of your problem right there, wombat. Not the kids!

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Congrats to the Shipwrecks! Perhaps maybe we'll get a special edition of CAG Foreplay...?[/QUOTE]

I think a special edition of CAG foreplay is why they are having a kid in the first place...

Zing-o!

I haven't even listened yet, but congrats Shipwreck! Game time won't suffer that much until the kid gets a little older (several months at the least).

Congrats Shipwreck!
So I guess you do have time for other things with your wife besides Borderlands 2.
Since Gary Coleman is out then Polly for a girl and Hector for a boy? Good luck and just do the opposite of Cheapy when it comes to parenting and you'll do fine.

No comments on Cheapy's love for Les Mis? Anne Hathaway fully deserving of the Oscar. Wolverine very good except for "Bring him home" ; for some reason he tries to sing the high notes straight instead of falsetto and sounds terrible, plus it's supposed to be a prayer but the director shoots him wandering around like he's in Singing in the Rain. Agree about Russell Crowe's voice, but wait for his last scene.

Congrats to the Shipwreck family! Also glad Bane made another guest appearance, that guy is surprisingly funny for a psychopath.

Looking forward to more Bioshock chatter. :)

Good show, and all of that. Grats to Shipwreck. I thought it was pretty funny how Wombat kept going back to the subject of your child.

Isn't the guy's name Chiang Kai-shek? Pronounced "Chee-ang Ky shek"? That's the way I learned it. I don't think the "Shanghai Shek" pronunciation is right, but then again, I've never been to any Asian countries, so maybe Cheapy has some insider knowledge.

Since you guys seemed unaware (but maybe you were just joking?)... benchmarks show you your rig's performance on the test. It's not going to tell you outright whether you "passed" or "failed" - it just displays your capabilities. It's up to you to decide whether or not to lower/raise your settings.

And no, Cheapy, you can't transfer your Xbox Skyrim character to PC. I would highly recommend making the switch over to PC, since there are really amazing mods. But I imagine that you'd have no interest in the modding scene.

Oh, and one last thing - someone (sorry, can't remember) said that Wombat will not be able to avoid Bioshock Infinite spoilers for long - I don't think that's true. I was able to avoid ME3 spoilers for just about a whole year, and we all know how heated that topic was. There's also plenty of other games that I still have yet to play, but have not been spoiled for me yet. It's not an impossible feat.

bread's done
Back