* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

#7321 TopsideKracker  

TopsideKracker

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I've also got the 500GB blue and have had no problems at all.  Half the price as the black makes it a no-brainer IMO.

EDIT:  Okay, not quite "half" the price, but I still vote for the blue.

TopsideKracker.png

#7322 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Oh snap, Munch's Oddysee has a platinum.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7323 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Are these deals even up yet?! Sick of turning on my ps3 over and over to find they aren't! Lol

:360: None  :xb1: Destiny, Halo: MCC, Sunset Overdrive
:ps3: None :ps4: Batman Arkham Knight, Borderlands: Handsome Collection, Destiny, Dying Light, GTAV, Witcher Wild Hunt
:wii: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros  :3ds:  Super Smash 3DS, Tomodachi Life, Zelda: Link Between Worlds
:psp: None

#7324 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Is persona 4 arena worth 23? I am about 1/3 way through P4G right now

You do realize that while there's some story tie in and it's a gorgeous game that it is a fighting game right?  As a whole though yes it's quite good and much more accessible than Guilty Gear or BlazBlue (the developer's previous games).

https://store.sonyen...LBPPACKAGE00001

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves is back to being free for PS+.

It's so free that it seems to have disappeared from the store entirely.

Are these deals even up yet?! Sick of turning on my ps3 over and over to find they aren't! Lol

Web store man.  I had everything bought and downloaded minutes after it started updating.

3ds120.gif Tales of the Abyss :mrgreen:   :pc: ESO   :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2015: 29 - Recently Completed: :vita: Murasaki Baby
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7325 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

You do realize that while there's some story tie in and it's a gorgeous game that it is a fighting game right?  As a whole though yes it's quite good and much more accessible than Guilty Gear or BlazBlue (the developer's previous games).

It's so free that it seems to have disappeared from the store entirely.

Web store man.  I had everything bought and downloaded minutes after it started updating.

https://store.sonyen...LBPPACKAGE00001

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7326 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Just look at the OP. All of the deals you can get are right there.

#7327 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Just look at the OP. All of the deals you can get are right there.

I don't care about what the deals are gonna be, I saw them the second they were posted on the PSN blog, I just meant are they live on the playstation store yet?

Your post says usually 4-8 pm but I've been checking all day and nothing. Hopefully they are up when I check again in 10 mins.

:ps3: None :ps4: Batman Arkham Knight, Borderlands: Handsome Collection, Destiny, Dying Light, GTAV, Witcher Wild Hunt
:wii: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros  :3ds:  Super Smash 3DS, Tomodachi Life, Zelda: Link Between Worlds

#7328 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3369 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

I feel like Sony is forcing me to upgrade my HDD at this point. My slim 120 just aint cuttin it anymore. I'm ususally quick to do things like this upgrade but I've been dragging my feet on this one. I guess mainly because I feel like well I can only actually play 1 game at a time anyway. I think it might be time though.

Makes me glad they don't use an overpriced proprietary HDD like the 360 (too bad we can't say the same for the Vita's storage...).

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#7329 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't care about what the deals are gonna be, I saw them the second they were posted on the PSN blog, I just meant are they live on the playstation store yet?

Your post says usually 4-8 pm but I've been checking all day and nothing. Hopefully they are up when I check again in 10 mins.

Huh? Everything listed and linked to in the OP is completely live right now. I've purchased Batman already, so I'm not lying to you.

#7330 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

What the Fuck? Why is every link broken all of a sudden?

Edit: Okay, it seems to be working now. For a few minutes, everything seemed to error out and go to the home page for no reason.

#7331 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7123 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Oh snap, Munch's Oddysee has a platinum.

This whole time, I mistakenly thought we were getting Stranger's Wrath. I would've been happy either way.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#7332 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

My I'm special but that takes me to a dead page.  Searching in the webstore and clicking on the actual item takes me to the same dead page.  Going to it on the PS3 itself though did work, after a half dozen tries.

Trade List

#7333 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7123 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

What the Fuck? Why is every link broken all of a sudden?

The Playstation Web Store has been really wonky for me for the past 15 minutes or so. I keep getting redirected to the main deal page, so I would just wait it out and see if the links fix themselves.

Oh and FWIW, I tried a few links and they worked.

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#7334 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Huh? Everything listed and linked to in the OP is completely live right now. I've purchased Batman already, so I'm not lying to you.

Ok. I was just confused at your response because the OP has had the same info since yesterday and I've been checking all day on my ps3 and hadn't seen anything yet.

#7335 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

My I'm special but that takes me to a dead page.  Searching in the webstore and clicking on the actual item takes me to the same dead page.  Going to it on the PS3 itself though did work, after a half dozen tries.

It's working for me, but if you keep breaking my links, I'm going to have to kill you one of these days.

#7336 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ok. I was just confused at your response because the OP has had the same info since yesterday and I've been checking all day on my ps3 and hadn't seen anything yet.

I finished updating the OP about two hours ago and I make sure to post here once it's done.

#7337 tylerh1701   Clap it up, my Hammies CAGiversary!   24294 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

Since we're talking about things not working, it seems like the multiquote feature on CAG isn't working for me.  I just lost a post I was going to quote on the XBL thread and had to dig to refind it.  I'm not going to do it again.  Stupid CAG.

tylerh1701.png hazgm2d.png

Senior Editor at Inverted Access! Check out our Twitch Channel!

#7338 Wazootyman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Wazootyman

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

I got the Scorpio Blue. I just installed it last night, and it seems to be working out nicely. You get about 700 gigs with it.

With that said, my installation process sucked. First off, the external HD I had wouldn't back things up (it was old). Eventually I just said "Screw it" and decided my cloud saves would be enough.

And then I stripped a screw removing the hard drive from the enclosure. Stripped it bad. That thing did not come out. Tried pliers, krazy glue, gorilla glue (desperate times) and nope, stayed in. Eventually had to order a replacement enclosure from Ebay for $10. That worked like a charm!

When I did pop in the drive, I needed to install the 4.46 update and after that, things are seeming to be working.

I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#7339 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Batman Arkham Asylum is the same price PSN and PS+? Typo or real prices?

From OP:

PS3

Amy - $1.99
Batman Arkham Asylum - $9.99 NXD

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals

#7340 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3369 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, site is getting hammered bad right now. I keep getting "You are not allowed to view this content" messages when trying to go to Mortal Kombat Vita.

My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#7341 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

is the downloadable Ratchet and Clank collection inferior to the Disc version in any way?

#7342 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Batman Arkham Asylum is the same price PSN and PS+? Typo or real prices?

From OP:

PS3

Amy - $1.99

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals

It's called me fucking up the update. Sorry. Fixed it.

#7343 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

is the downloadable Ratchet and Clank collection inferior to the Disc version in any way?

I don't believe so.

#7344 Zonic505   People read these? CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Store Update blog is up.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7345 TheSporkWithin   Formerly Graff^ CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

TheSporkWithin

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Is persona 4 arena worth 23? I am about 1/3 way through P4G right now

That depends. Do you like reading enormous amounts of text? Do you also like fighting games which are very friendly to casual play?

The story mode is basically a visual novel punctuated with single rounds of fighting every 5-10 minutes. It's well-writte and entertaining, but it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea. The fighting game itself is very fun, especially in casual groups with friends. If you have buddies you like to play things like Smash Bros. and Soul Calibur with, and don't mind a lot of reading, you will love the hell out of this game. If not, you may hate it.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#7346 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

They spelled it "Mortal Combat" twice in the discount list.

Everything else downloaded nice and zippy but BF3 has been download for like 5 hours now and it's at 81%.

Trade List

#7347 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, site is getting hammered bad right now. I keep getting "You are not allowed to view this content" messages when trying to go to Mortal Kombat Vita.

yeah I'm having the same issues, the web store is super slow right now, all I want to do is get 400 Days so I can play it tonight but I can't even find the game let alone buy it.

xCr6Kma.jpg

#7348 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3369 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

I was completely ready to grab MK for Vita since fighting games seem like a great genre to have digital, but I was expecting it to be less than 1GB - it's actually 3GB. Suddenly it doesn't feel so convenient...

My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#7349 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   59555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

yeah I'm having the same issues, the web store is super slow right now, all I want to do is get 400 Days so I can play it tonight but I can't even find the game let alone buy it.

https://store.sonyen...D1060000000GAME

#7350 xcefkevin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

So just to confirm (since I see myself buying a lot of games this month) I could buy Rachet and Clank Collection and other games today, and 10 years from now when the PS5 is being announced I should still be able to play the game on my PS3 correct? I want to say the answer is yes since 1) I bought the game and 2) I shouldnt need the internet to play games saved on my HD. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+