Join the Hunt for Tomb Raider Treasure with Xbox LIVE Rewards

[quote name='musha666']The first code is: EXPLORE[/QUOTE]

Thanks musha,
I was looking for the code this morning all over the site. Had no idea where the hell it was.

I wonder how it is going to do for people that already played the game on their consule before this promotion went on. Will it be like that First Marketplace Reward where if you did it way before Rewards came out, you cannot get it or will it be the time you play it after the contest starts counts?

I wonder since I already played it before this promotion started.

Where did you find that?

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']I wonder how it is going to do for people that already played the game on their consule before this promotion went on. Will it be like that First Marketplace Reward where if you did it way before Rewards came out, you cannot get it or will it be the time you play it after the contest starts counts?

I wonder since I already played it before this promotion started.[/QUOTE]

I hope my play time carries over because I preordered and played this within launch week. I'm saving the rest of the achievements I need to earn for my second playthrough and I really don't want to play it again so soon. It was too good!

Thanks!

I was wondering when someone would make a thread for this. :)

[quote name='Elite2693']how does it work? do u have to buy the map pack to get rewards ?[/QUOTE]

It's a scavenger hunt contest, there are 4 secret codes, one each week, that you enter to get entries into a drawing. You can also get more entries for the amount of time you play Tomb Raider this month and if it's your first time playing. You get entries for buying the map pack (and if you're one of the first 4500 rewards members to do so you get the Zach Levi MP character) and then they have a drawing at the end of the month for prizes!

i might have overlooked it...but where does everyone find the code to enter each week? im sure i can just come here and find it each week though

[quote name='gtkilla']Where did you find that?

[/QUOTE]

On the main Rewards page to the right of the Gold Membership deals it shows the deal for the TR scavenger hunt and says Treasures Away. If you look on the bottom corner of the image you can see it says EXPLORE.

[quote name='jackaattck']Nice of you to share but I think I had seen this posted under Video game deals, you can double check since I could be wrong[/QUOTE]
The other one was posted wrong section is if there is one.

[quote name='musha666']On the main Rewards page to the right of the Gold Membership deals it shows the deal for the TR scavenger hunt and says Treasures Away. If you look on the bottom corner of the image you can see it says EXPLORE.[/QUOTE]

Good eyes...think I am going to let you find the rest when they are posted...

=)

[quote name='tallguyy808']i might have overlooked it...but where does everyone find the code to enter each week? im sure i can just come here and find it each week though[/QUOTE]

It's hidden in a different place from what I've heard. The first one is hidden in one of the Tomb Raider images on the rewards site, but they said the other three could appear in e-mails or in other spots on the rewards site.

thanks for the first code musha666

How do they notify you how many entries you have? By email? I have these completed already:

1- Register your Gamertag
2 - 1 secret code
3 - Played for the first time on 360
4 - Purchased Caves & Cliffs
5 - currently working on my hours played.

[quote name='strizay']thanks for the first code musha666

How do they notify you how many entries you have? By email? I have these completed already:

1- Register your Gamertag
2 - 1 secret code
3 - Played for the first time on 360
4 - Purchased Caves & Cliffs
5 - currently working on my hours played.
[/QUOTE]

I believe it's by e-mail, I'd check the site as well.

And for your first time playing, you just started now right?

yep, just started today. I have one of the Target Exclusives still wrapped in plastic for the 360. So I cracked it open and gave it a go. I have it for the PS3 too, I just haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Absolutely brilliant that they start this a month after the game releases. Weeks after many of us finished it. Maybe they can have a timely Perfect Dark Zero contest next.

[quote name='trent82']Absolutely brilliant that they start this a month after the game releases. Weeks after many of us finished it. Maybe they can have a timely Perfect Dark Zero contest next.[/QUOTE]

made me lol

[quote name='trent82']Absolutely brilliant that they start this a month after the game releases. Weeks after many of us finished it. Maybe they can have a timely Perfect Dark Zero contest next.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

actually, this has been going on since the game was released. You're just finding out about it now.

I don't get it, I'm just getting an ad asking me to buy the map pack (lol no), there's nothing there about any code.

[quote name='City Hunter']to join the hunt you have to buy the map pack?[/QUOTE]

No, you have to register your gamer tag with the contest to join, buying the map pack is just a way to earn extra entries.

[quote name='strizay']actually, this has been going on since the game was released. You're just finding out about it now.[/QUOTE]

That was a completely different scavenger hunt. This one just started a week ago

[quote name='Exu']I don't get it, I'm just getting an ad asking me to buy the map pack (lol no), there's nothing there about any code.[/QUOTE]

There is one promotion going on right now where if you are one of the first 4500 rewards members to buy the map pack, you get the Zack Levi MP character.

The other is the scavenger hunt, you have to go to the site to see it, there is an ad for it on the front page. One way to get extra entries for the scavenger hunt is to buy the map pack as well

[quote name='strizay']actually, this has been going on since the game was released. You're just finding out about it now.[/QUOTE]

This.

And the Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt officially started in December. This XBLR part started when the game was released.

So there are 3 more codes. When does the next one appear?

[quote name='Blade']This.

And the Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt officially started in December. This XBLR part started when the game was released.

So there are 3 more codes. When does the next one appear?[/QUOTE]

According to the official rules, the 2nd code should have been revealed on 4/1.

[quote name='nCogNeato']According to the official rules, the 2nd code should have been revealed on 4/1.[/QUOTE]

And it started March 28 and not when TR was released. So far Ive come up short trying to find anything that even resembles a code.

According to xbox rewards twitter,as of April 1st "the 2nd code will be released sometime this week"

They always said they would post an update when the second code came out.

[quote name='Cagluker']According to xbox rewards twitter,as of April 1st "the 2nd code will be released sometime this week"

They always said they would post an update when the second code came out.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this looks just to be an American thing.
At the bottom of the terms there are 2 sections. The first says just for America and the Second for everyone else also.
So i guess the first is the scavenger hunt and the second the map pack offer.

[quote name='musha666']Thanks. Where did you find that one hidden?[/QUOTE]

Its in a picture on the xbox facebook page. Just found it myself and was gonna post.

Artifact isn't valid for me, it says I missed my chance to enter that code?

I should clarify that I entered the first code EXPLORE just today and it worked, so I'm just a little confused by this. I haven't read anything about them expiring...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MalakianXVII']Artifact isn't valid for me, it says I missed my chance to enter that code?

I should clarify that I entered the first code EXPLORE just today and it worked, so I'm just a little confused by this. I haven't read anything about them expiring...[/QUOTE]"Secret Codes: One (1) Secret Code will be released per Secret Code period ("Secret Code Period") in the chart below. The Secret Code released in the first Secret Code Period may be entered at any time. The Secret Codes released in Secret Code Periods 2 through 4 must be entered during the same Period they are released."

Source:
http://rewards.xbox.com/tomb-raider/official-rules/

bread's done
Back