NEO GEO X Gold Limited Edition on sale @ Bestbuy.com

Thanks. There have been numerous threads about this though. I'm actually about to go return mine that I bought there the other day. The handheld is nice, but my dock doesnt snap closed and the joystick sucks. I'll wait till it drops to under $100.

[quote name='kube00']Amazon has it for the same price, I'm wondering if it will hit $100 soon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is "temporarily out of stock"

I think if they were going to go lower they would be doing it to get rid of inventory, but since they've sold their inventory i doubt it will go lower when everyone else has it for $199.99

Amazon was just pricematching bestbuy. I would buy it at this price now I don't think it will go lower anytime soon.

[quote name='Blackshear']Cowboom.com has them for $99.

I rec'd one from them this week and it was in like new condition with all orig packaging.

totally worth it IMO

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1312344[/QUOTE]

The only thing stopping me from getting one there is the "might be missing stuff"

look at the units on an individual basis and check out the pictures, there is at least 1 that has the ninja x masters game unopened, all cords in plastic wrap, etc. are pictured also

the one i purchased didnt have the orig box pictured but came with it as well along with the joystick box.

Yes, and a system update is coming in April, see below from engadget :

Los Angeles, CA - February 21, 2013 - Tommo Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today announced, after a successful launch of the NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition, their plans to release 15 new titles for the NEOGEO X. Starting in April, Tommo will release NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I, the first in a series of NEOGEO X Classics Games Cards made exclusively for use with the NEOGEO X Handheld entertainment system.

NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I will blasts onto North American retail shelves in late April 2013, and will dazzle action fans with shoot 'em up classics METAL SLUG, SENGOKU, and TOP HUNTER, all on one NEOGEO X Game Card!

Full listing of titles for NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I-V:

ART OF FIGHTING 3
BLAZING STAR
BREAKERS REVENGE
FATAL FURY: MARK OF THE WOLVES
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96
THE LAST BLADE 2
METAL SLUG 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
SAVAGE REIGN
SENGOKU
SHOCK TROOPERS
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - THE NEXT GLORY
TOP HUNTER
WORLD HEROES JET
In addition to these amazing classic NEOGEO AES games, Tommo will be including the "ROCKET" High-speed Data Transfer and Charging Travel Cable, at no additional cost, with each copy of NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V.

As part of Tommo's continued support and development of the NEOGEO X and having, most importantly, listened to customer feedback, Tommo will also be including NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 with NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I. More details on the NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 will be released in the weeks to come. And because the fans asked for it, a NEOGEO X Travel Case is also in development, and is scheduled for release in April 2013.

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/21/neo-geo-x-cart-system-update-case-and-cable/

These will be released as 5 separate game cards with 3 of the above games on each cart.

Amazon has them listed for preorder @ 25 each:

Volume 1: Metal Slug 2, Sengoku, and Top Hunter
Volume 2: Samurai Shodown 3, Savage Reign, and Super Sidekicks 3
Volume 3: King of Fighters ’96, Blazing Star, and Kizuna Encounter
Volume 4: Garou, Shock Troopers, and World Heroes 2 Jet
Volume 5: The Last Blade, Art of Fighting 3, and Breaker’s Revenge

I'll def be picking up the card with Blazing Star and Kizuna Encounter at minimum.

[quote name='screwkick']Calm down thread cop. Search doesn't always work. Besides, the price on Amazon.com has gone back up.[/QUOTE]

You seem to take offense easily. I guess I'd take offense too if I wasn't able to click one button to go back a page to see the thread posted there, or back another page to see the other one posted there, but judging from your comment it doesn't appear you even read the thread since the first link was for the Best Buy and Amazon price (Amazon of which is still that price just backordered, but you can still order for that price), but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

[quote name='screwkick']Calm down thread cop. Search doesn't always work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it must be broken. No possible way it could be user error.

Personally I've found the best way to check if other deals have been posted is using Google. Type "cheapassgamer" and the name of the game or whatever (and the store if you really want to narrow it down) and viola. Works everytime for me and it's alot easier than scouring through the thread pages IMO.

bread's done
Back