Dreamcast homebrews

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
can anyone post a link to any homebrews they know of for the DC?

i just got streets of rage 4 working and man, thats a well done game!!

EDIT:

Good Homebrews
Inhabitants - this is a sweet puzzle game, i know its a total rip off of a game but i cant put my finger on what.

Beats of Rage - THE homebrew, its a sidescrolling beat-em up with heavily edited King of Fighters Characters as the characters.

Bad Homebrews
now before i get flamed for this, i admire anyone who can program at this level. however these games just arnt that much fun or are very shallow.

Battery - its a 2d polygonal fighting game, with three characters, black ninja, red ninja and rainbow ninja...theres only about 5 or 6 moves, but its not awful. download if youre curious

Megaman X: Odyssey - this one was confusing, from what i can tell u controll megaman in a platforming maze...maybe looking for a goal? i played it for about 10 mins and i couldnt find a goal...so good luck!

[quote name='PapiChullo']What's a homebrew?[/quote]

an unlicensed game basically.
made by people who just program for the hell of it.

does anyone have any suggestions for what to dl, i downloaded a game called battery and it was kinda eh.

nero would not work on my computer so i downloaded 120%

ill edit my first post to include mini reviews, post anything on any games you've played, id hate to waste cds lol

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']How do you play the brews? Burn em to a disc?[/quote]

i use 120% alcohol, and just download the discjuggler files.

i have no idea how to burn raw files

[quote name='punqsux']on the BOR mods, (the megaman one for example) do i have to burn all 13 parts to 13 discs?![/quote]

:lol:

I don't even know what you're talking about, but I'm assuming you're referring to .pt1 .pt2 .pt3 etc. files which you have to combine before burning as they're useless alone.

yeah, those are .rar files. you have to downlaod and install WinRAR, which is pretty much like WinZip, but with better compression technologies. then you just unpack the archives and they become a disc image.

go to rarlabs.com for winrar. its a sweet app.

bread's done
Back