The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your're late for the right coasters! Glad you didn't forget, I would have gladly kept the torch alive for you!

I tend to do it closer to the west coast now because random people in the past seemed to enjoy complaining about me posting early for west coasters. Frankly I don't care, but just to try and appease everybody I do it closer to the west coast time. :3

$1 on ebay

T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSICIBRR4n5lrCQ60_57_zps3b47c657.jpg

Aslo these two recently.

T2eC16JHJHoE9n3Kd6FdBRP9OVlksQ60_12_zps9b7ce1db.jpg

T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jD2fBRBzNrtEyw60_57_zpscf28addc.jpg

[quote name='KtMack23']I found a sealed copy of earthbound at the flee market today for $6. Will post pictures later.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen one of those sealed since I got mine as a kid.

[quote name='KtMack23']I found a sealed copy of earthbound at the flee market today for $6. Will post pictures later.[/QUOTE]

April fools!

Found these three at one of the local gamestops.

T3HdEkt.jpg

Last Story is unfortunately missing the artbook, but I couldn't pass it up.

Haven't posted my pickups since mid-February-

Dead Island for 800 MS points during the LIVE Spring sale
Sid Meier's Civilization for 800 MS points during the LIVE Spring Sale
Resident Evil 5 download code for 360 for $5 from a fellow CAG.

Also

894748_468793336525806_1866878296_o_zpsa7bf3208.jpg

Walking Dead comics from Ebay for $6.25 total, got the second issue for my lady

Saving Private Ryan- Amazon for $16
Gears of War 3- Amazon for $15
Forza Horizon CE- Amazon for $43

Quantum of Solace- birthday present from my lady :lol:

Really, I found $8k in a box from a pair of shoes I just bought.

[quote name='PocketIguodala']Haven't posted my pickups since mid-February-

Dead Island for 800 MS points during the LIVE Spring sale
Sid Meier's Civilization for 800 MS points during the LIVE Spring Sale
Resident Evil 5 download code for 360 for $5 from a fellow CAG.

Also

894748_468793336525806_1866878296_o_zpsa7bf3208.jpg

Walking Dead comics from Ebay for $6.25 total, got the second issue for my lady

Saving Private Ryan- Amazon for $16
Gears of War 3- Amazon for $15
Forza Horizon CE- Amazon for $43

Quantum of Solace- birthday present from my lady :lol:[/QUOTE]

First printings of TWD issue #1 are going for almost $1,000 on eBay... holy shit. It's worth more than a bunch of golden age comics.

From Newegg for $9. Got here faster than I expected, but didn't come with the freaking slipcover:booty:
20130402165029.jpg

Also picked up The Trouble with Robots for $1 on indiegamestand.com

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']First printings of TWD issue #1 are going for almost $1,000 on eBay... holy shit. It's worth more than a bunch of golden age comics.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too! My mouth dropped, then I started to really wish I had collected every issue and kept them in mint condition, could've helped pay for school :lol:

The ones I bought were 2012 reprints though, $1000 for a comic is far too rich for my blood!

[quote name='PocketIguodala']I saw that too! My mouth dropped, then I started to really wish I had collected every issue and kept them in mint condition, could've helped pay for school :lol:

The ones I bought were 2012 reprints though, $1000 for a comic is far too rich for my blood![/QUOTE]

They were still going for a pretty penny before the show started. Saw a few sets 1-99 or higher go for around $2000 maybe the last 6 months. Usually go for 3-4. I was thinking about buying one and then selling the key issues then the rest as a lot and keep #1. I'd make most or all my money back, so one would be free... Just would be a lot of work.

Oh yeah, they are also having a variant of number 1 for each Wizard Con this year. Portland was Michael Golden, St Louis was Arthur Suydam. Go for around. $30-60 each on eBay. The other variant cover artists haven't been announced yet.

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php

My Pikachu 3DS XL has a home![/QUOTE]

Delicious!

Everything $1 each except for Duck Tales, which was $10.

DSC03800_zpsd6b1752e.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']Delicious!

Everything $1 each except for Duck Tales, which was $10.

DSC03800_zpsd6b1752e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Crimson Skies is SOOO GOOD!!!One of my favorite OXB games

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Crimson Skies is SOOO GOOD!!!One of my favorite OXB games[/QUOTE]

I ALWAYS wanted it, not sure why I never grabbed it :/

For a big, fat Washington, I couldn't say no ;)

I love checking games off my list that I have been meaning to pick up for a really long time :D
66728AE8-2C8F-4990-966E-AF16C1CBDAAC-1210-0000007343047227_zps60348050.jpg

And also...woot! The pop vinyl Power Rangers are finally here! I bought all three from th first series, and since Hot Topic was having a b1g1 50% off, I got Master Chief too.
287D0F53-69A7-4B46-964E-760DD2F2F929-1210-0000007347F16F60_zpsff1b7dc0.jpg

[quote name='Drclaw411']I love checking games off my list that I have been meaning to pick up for a really long time :D
66728AE8-2C8F-4990-966E-AF16C1CBDAAC-1210-0000007343047227_zps60348050.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice finds! Panzer Dragoon Orta is on my list of original Xbox titles to pick up as well.

Ordered this stuff late march but came in this month.
imag04231e.jpg

I found a Barne's and Noble card on the floor at work one day and it had 18 bucks on it. Browsed on their site for a while and only found this masterchief. Bought two of them to use up the credit, will probably sell the other or something. The games from newegg and the blu ray from Goguenator's lowball.

[quote name='Drclaw411']
And also...woot! The pop vinyl Power Rangers are finally here! I bought all three from th first series, and since Hot Topic was having a b1g1 50% off, I got Master Chief too.
287D0F53-69A7-4B46-964E-760DD2F2F929-1210-0000007347F16F60_zpsff1b7dc0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I want those pop vinyl Power Rangers. :lol:

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Nice finds! Panzer Dragoon Orta is on my list of original Xbox titles to pick up as well.[/QUOTE]

mine too. I don't know why I keep passing it up, I've seen a ton of couples for $5 or so at a local store:roll:

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']They were still going for a pretty penny before the show started. Saw a few sets 1-99 or higher go for around $2000 maybe the last 6 months. Usually go for 3-4. I was thinking about buying one and then selling the key issues then the rest as a lot and keep #1. I'd make most or all my money back, so one would be free... Just would be a lot of work.

Oh yeah, they are also having a variant of number 1 for each Wizard Con this year. Portland was Michael Golden, St Louis was Arthur Suydam. Go for around. $30-60 each on eBay. The other variant cover artists haven't been announced yet.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like a bad idea but selling on Ebay would be a bitch, their fees are insane :cry:

My girlfriend's brother is going to comic con down here in Tampa this year, I'm wanting to ask him to take my issues and get them signed from Kirkman to us, one with each of our names. I think that would be so tits to have a framed "From Robert Kirkman to Ethan" TWD issue #1 :lol:

Well I was just visiting my Grandfather the other day and he had aquired quite a bit of video gaming stuff over the last few years. We used to yard sale together quite a bit when I was younger and I got him aware of the fact the video games can hold quite a bit of value so he has picked up nearly any under $10 lot he found that interested him.

He recently decided he was sick of it all and asked me to sell it all for him and in return I could keep the stuff that interested me. Everything except the Pikachu N64 came from that. The Pikachu N64 I grabbed from my cousin after I helped him with his PC. Only thing not currently working is the SNES mini. Gonna have to get a gamebit so I can get some of these Nintendo consoles apart. Everything else I got from him I didn't picture but it is up on my tradelist.

IEdsaz8.jpg

Both of the controllers are for the Genesis. The clear one intrigued me as I have never seen one and I actually didn't own one of the Sega Turbo controllers so I kept that as well.

xJxm5OP.jpg

So yeah in total all this stuff was free to me.

Picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $34 and some change. Not a steal, but it was a good price. It came with its original case/manual and the disc itself is in phenomenal shape. Also have Kingdom Hearts 2 coming. Ordered it at the beginning of last week and still hasn't arrived. fucking DHL...

Dude, nice score with the Legend of Dragoon! That game is awesome! I remember playing the demo over and over and over again. Never did buy the game, but the Jampack disc with that demo on it was sure spinning a lot. And it's black label, too. Nice.

SNES prolly just needs a cleaning (lack of power indicator is a PITA with those). They're pretty tough to actually break ;)

So I keep picking up games:

April:

I walked into a GameStop, traded in Diamond version for $22.40, and returned Pokemon White for $24ish, and walked out with:
Blue Rescue Team
Devil Survivor 2
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Tetris DS
(and a $2 gift card)
$71 total, but $43 after B2G1 DS and a $5 coupon in a separate transaction.

Chrono Trigger
Kingdom Hearts re:Coded
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
$43.05 total, ordered from Gamestop.com while the codes stacked (which I think they still do... *starts rubbing hands together*)

And copypasta from March:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Gates to Infinity
LM: Dark Moon
Tetris Axis
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon White
Pokemon White V2
Red 3DS XL that I got with PERFECT timing: I couldn't return it to GameStop in the 7 days by the time I heard about the Target deal.

And guess who just hit 100 games in his collection!

Mostly from March but a few from this month so far :)

IMG_1180_zpsf4f635ba.jpg

Kind of regretting the GOW Ascension CE. The statue of Kratos is very subpar IMO.

IMG_1175_zps2b177d56.jpg

I'm running out of shelf space so for now the songbird is staying in the box.

IMG_1174_zpsfe12bb03.jpg

Various pick ups. Oddly Brainlord is one of the few Enix games I have never played. Picked it up for $7. Pokemons were back from the BB sale.

IMG_1173_zps9d22da2a.jpg

Picked up Defiance yesterday (traded in games for the 50% extra promo at GS) so nothing out of pocket for that. The SF anniversary edition dropped to a price of my liking ($64) so I had to snag it for that. Very impressed with the box and design. Wish they had made physical disc for the Arcade games.

IMG_1179_zpsf8350547.jpg

So happy the Artbook is a hardcover. Also snagged the last Litho when I picked up my guide and season pass at GS.

IMG_1172_zps0fd598bb.jpg

Thankfully Amazon.de sent me the right size steelbook this time. Bought Arkham & Noire off a friend for $10 total. Gaiden at MSRP obviously, P2 & LOTR on sale. And filling in the small holes in my PS2 collection. Oddly WOTS 1 eluded me way more than 2 did

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw these on sale at Gamestop for $4.99 and figured some people on here might be interested; Master Chief and Cortana were the same price but the ones they had were pretty beat up. Dunno how Gamestop handles toys but I think the prices would be universal

3oyd68rl.jpg

[quote name='Olengie']I enjoyed Solty Rei a lot. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the singles way back when (even have Vol. 2 autographed by 4 VAs), but I can't fit the slipcover over 6 coverarts. Thought the non-S.A.V.E. edition would be in a normal case or a thinpack case like other FUNi sets, but this one is a digipak.

[quote name='DNukem170']I actually bought the singles way back when (even have Vol. 2 autographed by 4 VAs), but I can't fit the slipcover over 6 coverarts. Thought the non-S.A.V.E. edition would be in a normal case or a thinpack case like other FUNi sets, but this one is a digipak.[/QUOTE]

I have the singles too, but I have the slipcovers for them. I see, I'll just keep mine them, I enjoy looking at the art work anyway. :lol:

I feel so left out. It's weird not having a bunch of pick-ups to share with everyone. I might be getting a new house fairly soon, though, much to my dismay.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I feel so left out. It's weird not having a bunch of pick-ups to share with everyone. I might be getting a new house fairly soon, though, much to my dismay.[/QUOTE]

I think that would about win Pickup of the Month:applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back