(DEAD) Ten years of Red Vs Blue Blu-ray $60 @ Amazon

kcobra22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/RVBX-Ten-Years-Blue-Blu-ray/dp/B008MCKL5W

Retail price: $180
Sale Price: $60

I believe this is the cheapest its been since Black Friday. I know people that don't watch the show might still think this is too much, but as a fan of the show this is a great price.

Today also marks the 10 year anniversary of RoosterTeeth, can't believe i've been watching these guys for 10 years already.

Another note, if you're a fan, they're streaming the RT podcast live right now for everyone
http://roosterteeth.com/home.php

As a heads up, the version from Amazon does not include the 15th disk that comes with it if you order from roosterteeth or best buy. As such you may want to price match at best buy

Also for some really weird reason, one of the disks is dvd instead of blu. When I got mine from amazon this disk was loose and scratched like crazy. I sent it back for exchange and the new one also had a DVD for the same disk. At least it wasn't scratched the second time

[quote name='jsivley']As a heads up, the version from Amazon does not include the 15th disk that comes with it if you order from roosterteeth or best buy. As such you may want to price match at best buy

Also for some really weird reason, one of the disks is dvd instead of blu. When I got mine from amazon this disk was loose and scratched like crazy. I sent it back for exchange and the new one also had a DVD for the same disk. At least it wasn't scratched the second time[/QUOTE]

should be noted BB is back ordered online and at least in my area all the stores should unavailable

what is that mysterious extra disc if you dont mind me asking?

You can see it on the roosterteeth website. This is the description:

RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue Exclusive 15-Disc Blu-Ray Boxed Set
$179.95 USD
Blu-Ray version of the RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue 14-Disc Boxed Set! - Blu-Ray version includes a bonus 15th disc of "Red vs. Blue Mini Adventures" - Over 18 hours + extras worth of content - Includes all 10 seasons of Red vs. Blue - Over 8 hours of bonus features (interviews, behind-the-scenes, miniseries, etc) and a collectible booklet - 5.1 Surround Sound

Wow got this from Amazon on Black Friday, it's a great set with a good amount of features and the quality from what I could tell was really nice. But I had no idea there was a 15 disc version you could get, kinda sucks! Still a good deal though.

Maybe I'm being super cheap or just an asshole but this really feels like a $20 purchase. Not that I didn't enjoy the show well enough at times, this sort of webisodic content just doesn't scream full price in my book.

I just checked out amazon's description and I'm glad to see they at least fixed it up a bit. They used to have it listed as 14 disc in the product description and 15 disc in the product details. I had assumed I would get the bonus disc since this was similar to roosterteeth's description. When I contacted amazon they had no idea what 15th disc I was talking about.

They also added a note about disc 11 being a DVD. Nice to see that I didn't just get a bad set twice. Still very weird to me that 1 out of 14 discs would be DVD

[quote name='jsivley']I just checked out amazon's description and I'm glad to see they at least fixed it up a bit. They used to have it listed as 14 disc in the product description and 15 disc in the product details. I had assumed I would get the bonus disc since this was similar to roosterteeth's description. When I contacted amazon they had no idea what 15th disc I was talking about.

They also added a note about disc 11 being a DVD. Nice to see that I didn't just get a bad set twice. Still very weird to me that 1 out of 14 discs would be DVD[/QUOTE]

Still says 14 discs, I'm gonna try and price match this at Best Buy tomorrow.

As Kayne mentioned, BB is backordered and no stores within a 200 mile radius of me have this in stock. As much as I would like that 15th disc, I had to jump on this. Too good of a price for just all the seasons alone, much less the gobs of bonus content. One disc "missing" isn't going to kill me.

I'd call or go into your local stores. Sometimes customer support can work wonders to find a copy. The CS at my store found the last AC3 CE in a bby 50 mi away and got it transferred for me. Just a suggestion!

Hmm, I recently watched this through the 4th season. I found that while it was pretty funny at times, it started to get more hit and miss as time went on. Does it get awesome again in the later seasons? I've heard that it gets more action focused than comedy focused in the more recent seasons. I can't imagine that being as interesting...

I tried to get this price matched at BestBuy today and they wouldn't do it because their version has an extra disc. They said it has to be the same identical version and they wouldn't price match even though they dion't carry the one without the extra disc, no exceptions. Needless to say I was very irritated when I left the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on BR vs DVD for this set? I'm honestly leaning towards the DVD set, as the features seem to be the same, and I'm not sure that the upgraded resolution that BR gives is worth it on this set. OTOH, $10 isn't much to pay for a set upgrade to blue ray....

@mpaullin I've watched through season seven, and although the action and overall production values increase, there's still a ton of comedy.

Hmm, Amazon now says in stock, but may take 1-2 days to process. Does that mean they are close to selling out? I keep going back and forth on this, but I am thinking I could always resell on amazon for the same price (or more) once the sale is over.

Edit: fuck it, I bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']I tried to get this price matched at BestBuy today and they wouldn't do it because their version has an extra disc. They said it has to be the same identical version and they wouldn't price match even though they dion't carry the one without the extra disc, no exceptions. Needless to say I was very irritated when I left the store.[/QUOTE]

I always go to the register to do a PM for movies they normally don't check that close. Can also try calling the website they are more flexible most of the time.

[quote name='bfett9']I always go to the register to do a PM for movies they normally don't check that close. Can also try calling the website they are more flexible most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I did, I called BB Customer Service and they price matched it and had an in store pickup no problem, I hope the same guy that denied me the price match had a shit look on his face when he did my order at the store.

If anyone gets the bonus disc and isnt very fond of it please PM me, willing to give a $5 amazon g-card shipped for it, will try and throw in something else that may interest you as well. Thanks.

Also if someone got the BBY or RT one, is the bonus disc in a sleeve or is the case specially designed for it?

Thanks for the reminder. I have S1-5 boxed, and 6-8 separately. The storytelling and writing got really good when they hit the feature length seasons, and I've never seen S9 or S10 so this is probably worth it for me, even without the bonus disc.

[quote name='z3razerviper']looks like the amazon version does not contain the Red vs. Blue Mini Adventures[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if it did, since it's apparently a Rooster Teeth Store and Best Buy exclusive.

bread's done
Back