* * * * - 31 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (11/17-12/14)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

#4051 Kismayaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

^ I find it a little off that you spend time on CAG looking for deals to save a few bucks when your a "big city yuppy".  But look down on people that collect any gaming knick knacks and junk.  We are getting off topic but this just stood out to me and I would like to understand your opinion better. 

I don't think he's looking down on anyone. In his post above he said that it just wasn't his thing.

#4052 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

It's getting absurd at this point. Shitloads of people play video games and an extremely small number will decorate their house with memorabilia. The same is true with lots of other things. Let's be frank here, it does look tacky (and extremely nerdy) to most people.  For those of you that aren't married or in a long term relationship already, good luck getting laid with that Yoshi picture hanging next to your bed.

#4053 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5048 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Just picked up Kid Icarus. I've been mulling it over for a while but figured why not. I remember playing this when I was a wee one back on my old school Gameboy.

#4054 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6882 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Would I put a knick knack or any kind of statue in my home? No. Not at all. My wife decorates our house and I don't want to have a mario statue or a dark souls knight sitting by the stuff she buys.

Now..would I have a little knick knack or figurine on my cubicle at work? Yes. Everyone has them and my compartment up top has CDs, a couple of ninja turtles my folks got me as an inside joke, and a few comics and a couple books. It helps to keep my sanity. So I wouldn't mind a LE statue soon.

#4055 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 19.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

It's getting absurd at this point. Shitloads of people play video games and an extremely small number will decorate their house with memorabilia. The same is true with lots of other things. Let's be frank here, it does look tacky (and extremely nerdy) to most people.  For those of you that aren't married or in a long term relationship already, good luck getting laid with that Yoshi picture hanging next to your bed.

Unless, of course, that girl or guy is also into the same stuff as you. But that's crazy talk. 
As far as gaming memorabilia, I only have that Mario & Co statute thing from Club Nintendo a few years ago by my PC. I wouldn't mind more. There are some really neat looking things on sites like Etsy that is gaming related, but looks artsy enough where it doesn't look completely juvenile. It may also not be my cup of tea, but who is saying that people decorate their ENTIRE place with that stuff? What if you had a designated room where your gaming system(s) is/are set up? I think that would look appropriate. To each their own. I don't really care how someone decorates. 

But let's look at something like this --> https://www.etsy.com...ew_type=gallery

I can't say that I would use this, but I think with the right imagination and enough decor skill.. I think this could look hip/trendy/nice in the right environment. Maybe that's just me. 

The current stuff on Club Nintendo, imo, is mostly over-priced gift store shit. 

#4056 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Few years ago transformed the garage into a entertainment room/game room got the tv with surround sound and the systems hook up to it with my statues and gaming collectibles n posters either on the wall or on shelf but at same time also got movie posters on wall with a full size arcade in one corner but it set up subtle since it a tv entertainment/game room only anyhow it don't even stick out

#4057 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7596 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Few years ago transformed the garage into a entertainment room/game room got the tv with surround sound and the systems hook up to it with my statues and gaming collectibles n posters either on the wall or on shelf but at same time also got movie posters on wall with a full size arcade in one corner but it set up subtle since it a tv entertainment/game room only anyhow it don't even stick out

I'm going to have to do the same thing when I get married. Either that or find a storage unit for all of my sh*t or sell it all on eBay like Steve Carrel in 40 Year Old Virgin.

#4058 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

It's getting absurd at this point. Shitloads of people play video games and an extremely small number will decorate their house with memorabilia. The same is true with lots of other things. Let's be frank here, it does look tacky (and extremely nerdy) to most people. For those of you that aren't married or in a long term relationship already, good luck getting laid with that Yoshi picture hanging next to your bed.

In before guys say girls are into that.

#4059 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

You seen that tongue? :rofl:

#4060 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3272 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

It's getting absurd at this point. Shitloads of people play video games and an extremely small number will decorate their house with memorabilia. The same is true with lots of other things. Let's be frank here, it does look tacky (and extremely nerdy) to most people. For those of you that aren't married or in a long term relationship already, good luck getting laid with that Yoshi picture hanging next to your bed.

But I was told Chicks dig the Yoshi...was I lied to?

#4061 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

And eh don't forget PAC man always got that cherry to ha

#4062 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

69oH4M0.png

#4063 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11686 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

Bitches love my Cloud Strife Advent Children fabric wall scroll

#4064 The Green Giant   Banned Banned   9846 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

But I was told Chicks dig the Yoshi...was I lied to?

There is no Santa, it's your parents, same with the tooth fairy.  However Easter Bunny is real, it's Jesus in a costume in case Romans want to kill him again.

#4065 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 19.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Just curious, how is this any different than that sports fan that has sports memorabilia all over the place? 

#4066 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

I've seen the girls that are into that stuff. No thanks. 

#4067 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6469 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

Just curious, how is this any different than that sports fan that has sports memorabilia all over the place? 

Most likely a negative stigma attached to Gaming, Cartoon and Anime related things versus TV, Movies and Sports. Like, it's seen as somewhat traditional for a guy to have sports memorabilia, so someone seeing that (especially a woman) would probably find it more normal / socially acceptable than a person with gaming swag around. Not to mention, it also has something of an immature association, so these two things probably work against it. 

#4068 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Just curious, how is this any different than that sports fan that has sports memorabilia all over the place?

It isn't, most girls aren't into that shit either. Gaming memorabilia is far worse though as far as social stigma and so on.

A poster of Michael Jordan vs. a poster of some half naked anime chick, hmmm.

#4069 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 19.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Most likely a negative stigma attached to Gaming, Cartoon and Anime related things versus TV, Movies and Sports. Like, it's seen as somewhat traditional for a guy to have sports memorabilia, so someone seeing that (especially a woman) would probably find it more normal / socially acceptable than a person with gaming swag around. Not to mention, it also has something of an immature association, so these two things probably work against it. 

It isn't, most girls aren't into that shit either. Gaming memorabilia is far worse though as far as social stigma and so on.

A poster of Michael Jordan vs. a poster of some half naked anime chick, hmmm.

I don't doubt that at all. I guess when you stop and really think about it, shouldn't it be more acceptable to go over a dude's place and see he has a poster of a half naked anime chick instead of a poster of some guy?? :lol: 

It's kind of depressing that we (just as people) feel like we can't show off something we like..well, we can. It's just that everyone has to be on the same page apparently. I look at the pic that MrNinjaSquirrel posted and of course I find it funny, but I see that as someone who has a passion and cares about something. Although maybe not the sheets..:lol: (But then, this very well could be a picture of some 11 year old's bedroom).

--

ANYwho, what time should we expect the Rewards page be updated with the new games? 

#4070 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6469 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

like we can't show off something we like...

Never stopped me. 

ANYwho, what time should we expect the Rewards page be updated with the new games? 

Around Noon EST. 

#4071 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

If video game/sports memorabilia is a deal breaker for someone, than they seem quite shallow, IMO. And by memorabilia, I mean sparse memorabilia. Your room doesn't have to look like that pic that was posted. Lol

#4072 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

I don't doubt that at all. I guess when you stop and really think about it, shouldn't it be more acceptable to go over a dude's place and see he has a poster of a half naked anime chick instead of a poster of some guy?? :lol:
It's kind of depressing that we (just as people) feel like we can't show off something we like..well, we can. It's just that everyone has to be on the same page apparently. I look at the pic that MrNinjaSquirrel posted and of course I find it funny, but I see that as someone who has a passion and cares about something. Although maybe not the sheets..:lol: (But then, this very well could be a picture of some 11 year old's bedroom).
--

You can show off whatever you like. It doesn't mean that everyone is going to share your interests and appreciate it as much as you. If it ends up turning off a girl (cause statistics be damned, most girls aren't into hardcore gaming, anime, etc.), then that's the risk you take.

Feel free to let your nerd flag fly.

#4073 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

Around Noon EST. 

Is when we get disappointed.

#4074 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

slow's guide to women:

Everything in moderation. If you live in a dorm, the poster could come in handy. When I was in college we left our dorm room doors open so people could walk by and say "hi". If a chick walks by and has a half second to assess what you are into and you have a yoshi poster they may stop. If they hear a song they like, they may stop. One may think "chicks dig this yoshi poster, so I should cover my walls in video game stuff", but they are mistaken. The more video games or Anime items you have, the larger and uglier the women will get. The amount of women who are interested in you will go down as well.

I'm pretty sure having a N64 within sight is the solution, but one poster may be acceptable. Personally if I were younger I would have a N64 with 4 controllers and mario kart running 24-7 on mute while playing a mix of Imagine Dragons and The Neighbourhood (both bands inexplicably loved by women). I would befriend the fat chick because odds are she has 3 good looking friends (and she is the ace in the hole if you strike out everywhere else). These steps will insure a constant influx of women and establish you as a fun/sensitive guy. If you want the trifecta you should also have a visible tattoo or body modification to show you have "an edge".

These steps should help you get some action (hopefully not only by the fat chick).

#4075 Mixer23   I was the Turkey! CAGiversary!   3553 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Where has this thread gone? Lol

I'll say that my wife is into gaming just as much as I am, so girls like that are out there. However, at the same time we don't have things laying out all over the place - just on my desk. Once we get a bigger place we do plan on decorating an entertainment room with more things/posters/etc.

#4076 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

slow's guide to women:

Everything in moderation. If you live in a dorm, the poster could come in handy. When I was in college we left our dorm room doors open so people could walk by and say "hi". If a chick walks by and has a half second to assess what you are into and you have a yoshi poster they may stop. If they hear a song they like, they may stop. One may think "chicks dig this yoshi poster, so I should cover my walls in video game stuff", but they are mistaken. The more video games or Anime items you have, the larger and uglier the women will get. The amount of women who are interested in you will go down as well.

I'm pretty sure having a N64 within sight is the solution, but one poster may be acceptable. Personally if I were younger I would have a N64 with 4 controllers and mario kart running 24-7 on mute while playing a mix of Imagine Dragons and The Neighbourhood (both bands inexplicably loved by women). I would befriend the fat chick because odds are she has 3 good looking friends (and she is the ace in the hole if you strike out everywhere else). These steps will insure a constant influx of women and establish you as a fun/sensitive guy. If you want the trifecta you should also have a visible tattoo or body modification to show you have "an edge".

These steps should help you get some action (hopefully not only by the fat chick).

You've put a lot of though into this. Lol.

But what you wrote is all true (unfortunately). My wife hates all my gaming stuff, so I've been cutting back on all my things. Thank god for digital games, dont clutter the house, so out of sight, out of mind for her at least.

But before I got married, I did exactly like you stated, and didn't have much luck, then after college, I decided Fuck it, be myself, blahblahblah. And as dumb as that sounds, she accepted I was a huge geek and gamer, and she doesn't even watch tv, at all, ever (doesn't even know what Star Wars or even what a zombie are). Works great.

In college, it feels guys gotta bend to what women see as acceptable. As you grow older, it changes, and they tend to be more acccepting or geekier stuff, since they see it in mainstream movies and shows. Not the norm, but it does happen more.

Either way, cane here to see the new N rewards, didn't expect this topic. Lol

#4077 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

I used to work with a super hot chick. By the time I was friends with her, she was already married and told me about how she met her husband. She wasn't well off at all when she met him, worked at target and her now husband was buying some Star Wars episode 1 memorabilia at her register and hit on her. He gave her his phone number. Meanwhile, he was upper middle class and good looking. He had an entire room of Star Wars shit. After they got married she made him get rid of everything except two boxes of his favorite stuff which now reside in the back of his closet. Yes, she has better taste (in home decor) than he does and hoarding a shit-ton of stuff that he only likes a little is stupid.

#4078 equistina  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Where has this thread gone? Lol

I'll say that my wife is into gaming just as much as I am, so girls like that are out there. However, at the same time we don't have things laying out all over the place - just on my desk. Once we get a bigger place we do plan on decorating an entertainment room with more things/posters/etc.

This is how we are right now, but...My hubby isn't into gaming at all :(

He has told me when we buy a house he'll make me a gaming area and decorate it with stuff( Right now all we have out is a remote control Wall-e on my desk), so meanwhile I 've been saving posters to hang and stuff for future gaming room :)

#4079 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Why do people care so much about what people do with their house?

Stay on topic.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

I feel sorry for those of you who can't decorate the way you want.  If any bitch tried to touch my Green Lantern or Watchman statues I'd stick my boot in the place where she poots.  Just like Ike Turner says in Ax Ike, when this EXACT situation came up  :D

Seriously though it's really sad to see how many "men" just take it like that.  I'm assuming none of you are stay at home husbands?  If not, you are helping make payments, you have a say in what goes where.  Grow a damn pair and stand up for yourself, I mean it's a damn statue on the mantle or bookshelf, not a debate on where the kids will go to school or where you will retire.  It really is pathetic.

Why do people care so much about what people do with their house?

Stay on topic.

Considering that a couple figurines are about all that CN has ever produced that's truely worthwhile (Kid Icarus OMAM is cool too ;) ), I'd say the topic is fine.  god knows I wish CN made more pieces like that, I'd have to sign up again if they did something like that for Zelda/Kid Icarus/Metroid/ect.

I like my Mario and co. figurine ok; to be perfectly frank I was rather impressed at it's quality considering it's just some plastic/rubber/whatever doodad.  It doesn't look as good as my "higher end" pieces (like my statue of Saint Walker) but it certainly is a fantastic piece for what it is.  It really bums me out that I wasn't able to get the Luigi statue, but when literally every other prize is either crap or yet more posters it's not surprising that it sold out so quickly, and for so many coins.   It's just as well, since my CN account mysteriously vanished and Nintendo CS has been no help whatsoever I've more or less dropped the program  :cry: