* * * * - 31 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (11/17-12/14)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

#5611 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29321 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Paper Mario is dope, no reason to be complaining. Would have picked it up if I didn't already own it.

too bad it was not on  3ds...  3ds games sucked for months 

WOOOO I STINK

#5612 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2826 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Then you get rid of the boring black one. No shame in hooking Peach up to something black, she probably likes it that way.

That bodes well for me.

#5613 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Probably a stupid question since the word gift implies you don't have to pay for it, but is the platinum/gold gift something you have to "buy" with points or is it free when it becomes available?

I'm sitting on 1,260 points and I'll probably get a couple games this month from the offerings but I want to make sure I don't leave myself short if those points are needed.

Thanks

#5614 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3093 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

It unlocks as you redeem keys.  You spend your coins on games/swag.

#5615 Computersnacks   All Snack Everything! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Computersnacks

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

Probably a stupid question since the word gift implies you don't have to pay for it, but is the platinum/gold gift something you have to "buy" with points or is it free when it becomes available?

I'm sitting on 1,260 points and I'll probably get a couple games this month from the offerings but I want to make sure I don't leave myself short if those points are needed.

Thanks

The Platinum/Gold gifts do not cost you points. You simply choose one you want to receive.

#5616 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Ok setting up my sons MK8 WiiU bundle and I don't see any club Nintendo points, should I be worried? Also do I need to open up the copy of MK8 to get the points out of it?

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#5617 JamesJoyce   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

Here is a tough question I couldn't find an answer to: I registered my M&L Wii U to get bonus points for eshop purchases and got points for redeeming Zelda Windwaker. Is there another way to earn bonus points without spending cash? Does it work to just redeem Club Nintendo Wii/WiiU games? I just need one more point for a $5 voucher.

#5618 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36681 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ok setting up my sons MK8 WiiU bundle and I don't see any club Nintendo points, should I be worried? Also do I need to open up the copy of MK8 to get the points out of it?

Thanks

If you CN account and NID are linked then you'll get the coins once you so the system survey. That can take 24 hours plus to show up in your to do list and if you have a queue of surveys will likely be at the very end as it has like a 9 month expiration if I remember correctly.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5619 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Thanks

I think when you register the actual console the MK8 code is included (coins). Don't know if the free game is still active.

#5620 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Here is a tough question I couldn't find an answer to: I registered my M&L Wii U to get bonus points for eshop purchases and got points for redeeming Zelda Windwaker. Is there another way to earn bonus points without spending cash? Does it work to just redeem Club Nintendo Wii/WiiU games? I just need one more point for a $5 voucher.

It works on any codes that are for Wii U games, so the ones you have to redeem on the old Wii shop do not count.

793315.png

#5621 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36681 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Yes, WiiU game codes count towards the DDP same as buying the item directly off the eShop regardless of the source as long as it's an actual WiiU game. For example DK Jr counts because it's a native WiiU game but Paper Mario wouldn't because it's a Wii game.

Trade List

#5622 JamesJoyce   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Great, thanks. So Donkey Kong would work, but Paper Mario would not?
Edit: Ninja'd. Many thanks, awesome thread!

#5623 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

If you CN account and NID are linked then you'll get the coins once you so the system survey. That can take 24 hours plus to show up in your to do list and if you have a queue of surveys will likely be at the very end as it has like a 9 month expiration if I remember correctly.

My survey for my console I linked a month or two ago has a 25 year expiration date lol. Says it expires in 2039.

793315.png

#5624 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2027 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yes, any that say just "Wii U" work b/c they are redeemed on the eshop. Any that say "Wii / Wii U" do not b/c they are redeemed on the old Wii shop.

793315.png

#5625 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

So can link my NID and CN through the console was the initial update is over? Or do I have to it on my PC?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#5626 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36681 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

So can link my NID and CN through the console was the initial update is over? Or do I have to it on my PC?

Have to do it through the store. It's in the eShop, with your account setting I think.

Trade List

#5627 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

The Platinum/Gold gifts do not cost you points. You simply choose one you want to receive.

Thanks very much

#5628 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

Edit: Ninja'd. Many thanks, awesome thread!

Any VC N64 game will be played through Wii Mode. That's exactly why I'm not getting it. 

w5Q80iM.gifj5IniQc.gifgTTA3Aa.gif

Spoiler

#5629 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, if you think of it simply in terms of the amount of coins needed for Gold or Platinum status, the digital games do seem priced excessively high. A single NES game costs you well over half of the coins required for gold status. It looks like the lowest they go any more is 150. So that's half right there. And everything this month is 200-250. I suspect we won't see much at the 150 level from now on. And to think many of them used to be just 100. I wish now I had picked up more of the ones they've had in the past (looking at the list in the OP).

So if you disregard any physical items and how much they redeem for, the virtual games themselves are definitely a bit pricey with respect to the scale of what you earn in a typical Club year to gain one of their "Elite" tiers. I mean, basically even with Platinum-level coins you can only get about 3 games (and then no other rewards). That's pretty steep for what are mostly novelty games that we might play just a few times (seriously - I haven't even touched some of the ones I've gotten).

Keep in mind how low 300 coins really is in the grand scheme of things. Like.. you could get something like 90 per Wii U game and something like 70 per 3DS game, with some things like MK offering up to 160 - 170 and consoles offering 100+. With numbers like this, you could hit the highest and most expensive game by just buying Mario Kart 8 (90) + Super Smash Bros U (180) + Hyrule Musou / Todd / maybe Amiibo / Bayonetta 2 (270) or any past game (250~260). Even without doing it "right" thats 210 coins. 

So how can I say it's easy to do that and say platinum is hard for the average person to achieve? Well, for one thing I would say this year is a little different and will probably have a worse prize (similar to 2012 I believe) because MK and SSB are popular enough that you can almost assume anyone remotely interested in CN can get 160 from a Wii U, possibly 70+ from a bundled game, another 140+ with SSB / MK 8 (this would be gold already) and with plenty of strong older titles (3d world, bros U, DK, Pikmin) or just thinking of the 3DS (possibly Persona Q, Pokemon, etc), it will be easy to achieve. 

I think you guys are giving Nintendo too much credit with all of your reasonings... I'm pretty sure most of us have put more thought into Club Nintendo than Ninty actually has. :lol:

No doubt. 

I'm pretty sure it's because it actively affects us.  Whereas it's not revenue generating from Nintendo's perspective so not entirely worth it.  I don't buy games just to get CN codes.  They're an after thought in the process (usually).  I don't particularly buy  even shovelware to get extra codes.  But that's just me.  Some of ya'll take this stuff way to seriously :)

I would argue that it's because a lot of us know that Club Nintendo could be a better and more profitable program if Nintendo put in some effort. For instance, look at how Nintendo handles the Wii U. Most of the VC games have been from the $.30 program, so if you owned a Wii U at that time, you most likely bought all those games (they were .30... how could you not?) and so they offer said group no value. These games are also some of the most tired games Nintendo has to offer, like who hasn't played Donkey Kong or doesn't know Yoshi (the game) sucks? Now, all Nintendo would need to do is change these games out with something else, such as NES Remix 1, which might motivate people to buy NES Remix 2, offer Super Luigi U (eShop version is just DLC) and that works well with their current Super Mario Bros. U promo, they could even offer an eShop exclusive in an effort to push the fact that the eShop isn't Nintendo's dumping ground for the same game you've played 10 years ago for one sixth the cost. 

The physical prizes tell a similar story and don't always make a lot of sense in terms of pricing and what they're. Arguably my favorite thing is how some of the prizes never "adapt" to the changes Nintendo has made. Like a lot of people like the Mario hat 3DS case, but I've always wondered why they didn't simply make it XL size to accommodate every system, which might have cost more money / raised the coins, but then you have to wonder how many people bought that without looking only to call / complain or how many people were put off by such actions. 

Sure all of this stuff would decrease profits and cost Nintendo arguably more money, but it would also increase morale and that could create positive buzz that leads to increased sales. I mean, look at the current state of this thread. A year ago I would have been called out by multiple people for saying Club Nintendo sucks, where as today I could do it and get 6 likes and no hassle. This is not how you want your reward program to be, nor do you want everyone basically saying I would like  -insert decent and usually somewhat reasonable item- but I'm expecting -insert loser prize from lets make a deal- as my platinum reward. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

It's funny, the one game I'd be willing to pay Nintendo's shitty prices, and deal with their shitty emulation, to get to play is Donkey Kong 64.  And it's one of the few games they refuse to provide.

And while there's no way to no for sure, I don't think improving CN would cost Nintendo money.  What was so brilliant about Club Nintendo, even if Nintendo refuses to admit it, is that it was (at least partially) designed to combat used game sales without taking the online pass route and punishing people who bought used.  I know it worked for me for the first few years..... before I grew tired of shitty prizes and downright insulting platinum rewards, I bought all my Nintendo games new.  Now I'm back to buying used anytime it will save me more than a buck or two......  If they offered better prizes, yeah it may cost more, but I imagine they'd make at least a good chunk of that back from people like me who would go back to buying new again.

Besides, good prizes don't necessarily have to cost a lot.  I'm not much on soundtracks anymore, but CD's are cheap to print and lord knows they have plenty of great music that I still wouldn't mind having.  Artbooks would be cool.   Fuck, people even go crazy for collectible coins and nonsense like that.  The point is they can do much better than notepads and folders.

#5631 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Regular white nunchuks are cheap, knock offs are cheaper. What you do is buy a white nunchuk used, & swap the case of the third party one. Instant custom first party nunchuk for around $6-$10 depending on where you get the white nunchuk & what kind you're trying to make.

I've thought about this a lot lol. I would never trust a 3rd party chuck. Their cheap manufactured casing is all I'm after.

That's...actually pretty brilliant.

FU7kFbw.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#5632 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

I just put more thought into it than others. Didn't understand why people were stopping at getting the blue or red third party chucks. :P

waiting for Mario & Luigi wheels to ship from Amazon. I just can't find a good color nunchuck to go with Yoshi, so probably will do white. (I can't believe no one makes green...)

If you bought the hori ones, they unfortunately do not match (which frustrates me a bit, dunno if I wanna have yet anther wheel). The MK8 bundle has the actual matching Mario wheel (red & blue).
I also can't believe no one makes green nunchuks. All the colors out there, & no green ones..must figure out how to make a green one.
http://amiibofirstprints.wix.com/afps

I have been putting together a list of production numbers to identify 1st Print amiibo for fellow collectors. I'm also looking for all differences between prints. If you want to help out, please pm me.

#5633 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3264 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

All the colors out there, & no green ones..must figure out how to make a green one.

Luigi was so last year

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5634 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5748 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Mario & Luigi mustaches for platinum.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#5635 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Luigi was so last year

Spoiler

I have been putting together a list of production numbers to identify 1st Print amiibo for fellow collectors. I'm also looking for all differences between prints. If you want to help out, please pm me.

#5636 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13959 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Talking about custom controllers, I had really great luck with the spray paint intended for plastics. I painted my 360 HD-DVD, 360 chat pad and something else black. That was easily six years ago. As long as you don't chip it, no one will ever know.

Achievement and trophy hunters? GTFO.

#5637 Wazzup4567   Wazzup CAG? CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Wazzup4567

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

People are posting their Wii controller collection?

I just need two more Classic Controller Pro's, a Black pro Controller for Wii U and a Wii Motion + Black Wii Remote. 

10462590_822870571058549_581623536332293

I don't think I've ever plugged a nunchuck into either. They're mostly for the occasional 4-player situation, and those rarely require nunchucks.

Technically an official red nunchuck exists, I'd just have to import it...which I may do someday.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-3zz4.html

I got mine on eBay for $20 or less. Here is a link for one that is $15 usedon eBay

#5638 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5440 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

The blue chucks are really cheap on eBay.. I think I scored an official one for like less than $5. The problem with swapping the case is that the cord would still be the color of the original. I guess the cheap ones would be ok for joystick only games.. I need a pink nunchuck.. You can buy most official remotes with motion plus for $20 or less on eBay so I can see how people would want more since they are cheap used. Besides they are handy for when friends/family come over. Maybe it's possible to find a colored chuck at GS, though I imagine they have quite a few fake controllers in their stash.

#5639 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

It's pretty easy to tell fake ones from legit ones (when you know what to look for), but only when you see the chuck in person. It's hard to tell when buying them online. I wouldn't put my trust in trying to buy legit nunchuks online.

As for the wire, I've thought of that problem too. I'm hoping there is a way, short of un-soldering the wires. Won't know until I get the tools to open mine though.
If there is no way, that's ok too. Even the gold nunchuk has a white wire after all.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

What problems are you people having with 3rd party nunchucks?

I admit I never tried one myself, Wiimotes + Nunchucks always seemed to be on sale locally and I had 4 before I knew it, but I've used 3rd party controllers for most of my other systems and aside from Madcatz I have never had any problems.  

I was actually mulling over the idea of picking up some of those wireless nunchucks..... I ultimately decided against it because it does look like they eat up batteries but I was waiting to see if they got cheaper.  Is there some reason I shouldn't get them?  Everything I have been told about them seems to indicate that they function just like the normal nunchuck except for the fact that they eat through batteries too quickly.