* * * * - 31 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (11/17-12/14)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

#241 zman73   Got six? CAGiversary!   3583 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

So, you don't play the games? You just collect? Seems silly to have something you're not going to play. But to each his own.

I reached 1300 points just from games I have opened any played, so if I was just "collecting" I would have NO points

I buy the games cheaply through deals or whatever when purchased... I have a life with wife and children that doesnt allow me hours a day to play games... if I ever get down to playing them, I do, though in certain cases, its been more worth it to me to sell the sealed game at a huge price and buy a used copy of the game cheaply, in most of those cases I make money

If I get around to deciding I am not ever going to play the game, it goes up for sale, sold off a sealed Civil War 360 game this week for close to 85 after amazon fees that I purchased here for $10 a few years back
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#242 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I have civil war sealed, didn't know it was worth anything lol

#243 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6295 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Just an FYI for those that don't already know, if you need some coins for the monthly prizes, go stop by your local Gamestop for copies of Wii Fit (the first one, game only), currently it's a part of the 50% sale for $0.49. Even for the replacement case alone this is a good price.

I've bought about two dozen of them here or there over the past 6 months, and I'd say over half of them had unused codes, just ask for it at the counter (the ones they keep back there are less likely to be code-pilfered). Each valid code is worth 100 coins, so you can create a few family members to register more than one copy, or trade it up for unique codes here on CAG.

Thank you so much for this post billy. I was driving around today and went to 3 gamestops to check out the 50% off games. I asked about the wii fit games and ended up buying 13 total. I told the employees what I was buying them for and I think some of them were just happy to be rid of all these copies taking up room.

So far I'm 2 for 2 with unused codes. I used to the 200 pts immediately to get Super Mario 64. It also put me over the edge and gave me Platinum for this year. So for .88 cents I sort of got a Super Mario 64 download voucher and a platinum reward.

For the past couple hours I sat down and played Mario 64 for the first time. I shows it's age, but I definitely understand why it is considered such a groundbreaking game for it's time. This would have blown my mind in 1996 when it was released.

Thanks again. I'm thinking for the other 11 copies, maybe should I create a new account? I've already reached platinum on one account. I should have at least enough on a 2nd new account to get gold because I have a shyteload of other games to redeem. This way I guess I could end up getting both platinum and gold rewards. Has anyone here done this before?

I noticed one of the Wii fit games had a Wii Fit Plus disc inside. I feel bad and will take it back, but the store is about 10 miles away. I'll put it in my car and give it back when I'm in the area. I see they sell it for $19.99 pre-owned (and MSRP for a new copy is $19.99 :roll:).

#244 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Thanks again. I'm thinking for the other 11 copies, maybe should I create a new account? I've already reached platinum on one account. I should have at least enough on a 2nd new account to get gold because I have a shyteload of other games to redeem. This way I guess I could end up getting both platinum and gold rewards. Has anyone here done this before?

Happy to help, but I wouldn't make a new account. Nintendo has frozen duplicate accounts in the past (those trying to get multiple yearly awards), and that has translated to lost coins on the frozen accounts. Creating new family members is perfectly fine (since all the coins go towards one account), but making a completely separate account is done so at your own risk.

#245 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6295 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Happy to help, but I wouldn't make a new account. Nintendo has frozen duplicate accounts in the past (those trying to get multiple yearly awards), and that has translated to lost coins on the frozen accounts. Creating new family members is perfectly fine (since all the coins go towards one account), but making a completely separate account is done so at your own risk.

Wow. I'm glad I asked. I'll just save the other games for 2014 and 2015.

Thanks again.

#246 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   6295 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

I've never played Super Metroid. The only thing I know about Metroid is from old X-Play sketches. I'm thinking I might have to download that also for 150 pts. There's no way I'll be buying a Wii U in the next couple months, so I won't be able to get it for .30 cents.

#247 Y2JerichoHALic55   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Y2JerichoHALic55

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

If I earn 1200 coins this year, will I get Platinum for the following year too?

#248 moothemagiccow   Tall buildings shake Silenced   1075 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

moothemagiccow

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

no. the number resets each year. exceeding 600 has no benefit

#249 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2246 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

If I earn 1200 coins this year, will I get Platinum for the following year too?

Ouch! Did you register all your games this year? I would have stopped once ive reached platinum at 600. Or are you aiming to redeem the game in watch reward for 1200 coins?

craizieboi888.png

#250 Yenos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Well I got my 3ds xl the last weekend of the target sale. I'm embarrassed to say I hit platinum today. I have purchased way to many games in around a month.
Luigi's mansion
Monster Hunter
Super Mario 3d Land(free game)
Castlevania MoF
RE:Revelations
Mario Kart 7
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Harmo Knight
VVVVVVVV
Gunman Clive
3D Classic Kid Icarus(free)
Soul of Darkness.

I have been playing my 3ds more then any of my consoles or my gaming pc!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Yenos/
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2ghz(oc 3.8ghz) -Corrsair Dominator 8gb DDR3 2000 - EVGA Geforce GTX670 FTW+
Gt=Yenos PSN= Yenoham
www.justin.tv/failgaming
Always playing the newest games so come check it out

#251 TKSJOHN   The Dumpster Diver! Silenced   576 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Ouch! Did you register all your games this year? I would have stopped once ive reached platinum at 600. Or are you aiming to redeem the game in watch reward for 1200 coins?

I hit 3400 so far this year, im to impatient to wait a year! But the way I get my points, I should have no problem getting platinum every year! This has been a great first year with club nintendo!

#252 Namerson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1056 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

Resident Evil Revelations is 19.99 on the e-Shop and you get 50 points not bad. Now I'm just 20 points away from platinum
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#253 dravack   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

If you people with tons and tons of points want to make a few bucks let me know. I'm interested Mario 64 and kirby pinball.

#254 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Wish nintendo just do what square enix does with tiers rewards. Hate that platinum only gets to choose one or the other rewards. Plats should get both. Heres hoping this years plat is worth while

I really do like the calendars so I do wish we could get both.

#255 LordTobert   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

LordTobert

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Well I got my 3ds xl the last weekend of the target sale. I'm embarrassed to say I hit platinum today. I have purchased way to many games in around a month.
Luigi's mansion
Monster Hunter
Super Mario 3d Land(free game)
Castlevania MoF
RE:Revelations
Mario Kart 7
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Harmo Knight
VVVVVVVV
Gunman Clive
3D Classic Kid Icarus(free)
Soul of Darkness.

I have been playing my 3ds more then any of my consoles or my gaming pc!

I just got one a few weeks back too and I can't seem to put it down either. I did the same thing going nuts buying games for it and also hit platinum from it. We even bought mostly the same games too. Lol

#256 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

no. the number resets each year. exceeding 600 has no benefit

Yeah. I thought the same thing after I got to 650 coins.:-#

Gonna hold off entering more till the next cycle, unless they have the gold nunchuk or something.

Gotta remember to spend them, too!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#257 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Ok.... So I've a 3DS and XL in the past (no need to get into their stories) and I'll be getting another XL again. I'm wondering to get the free game will I need to register BOTH the game and the new XL on the same "family member"? I'm just curious because I'm not sure where I registered my first XL so I want to make sure nothing gets screwed up. Since Target is having the XL at $179 next week and I have a $20 RZC I'll be able to PM it and get my XL for $159 plus a free game.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#258 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Ok.... So I've a 3DS and XL in the past (no need to get into their stories) and I'll be getting another XL again. I'm wondering to get the free game will I need to register BOTH the game and the new XL on the same "family member"? I'm just curious because I'm not sure where I registered my first XL so I want to make sure nothing gets screwed up. Since Target is having the XL at $179 next week and I have a $20 RZC I'll be able to PM it and get my XL for $159 plus a free game.

just create a new family member and register it there, then you should have no problems;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#259 Fairy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

I asked about the wii fit games and ended up buying 13 total.

So far I'm 2 for 2 with unused codes. I used to the 200 pts immediately to get Super Mario 64.

How do you redeem multiple codes? I thought one game can only work once?

#260 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

There are multiple versions of wii fit.

#261 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

There are multiple versions of wii fit.

actually, you just create new family members. Each member can register the game, and it all pools into one main account.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#262 Blade   Xenaphobic, Warrior Princess CAGiversary!   9244 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

actually, you just create new family members. Each member can register the game, and it all pools into one main account.

True, but there's a Wii Fit w/pad, Wii Fit w/o pad, Wii Fit Plus w/pad and Wii Fit Plus w/o pad. They each can be registered on your account for a whopping shit ton of coins.

#263 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

True, but there's a Wii Fit w/pad, Wii Fit w/o pad, Wii Fit Plus w/pad and Wii Fit Plus w/o pad. They each can be registered on your account for a whopping shit ton of coins.

true as well, but the ones people are buying in bulk are just the base game. Im just trying to remove the confusion as best I can;)

#264 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

For Square Enix rewards, there's an identifying code that signifies which game that code is for and for what console it is. I was looking through some of my codes and noticed that the majority of the Club Nintendo booklets have a similar code. Now, although Club Nintendo codes are easier to keep track of thanks to the pictures on the booklet, some of them are fairly ambiguous. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me start a database on these?

2u1wxpj.jpg

I use Swagbucks to make $40 in Amazon credit a month, which is a free game in my eyes! Sign up using the embedded link above and be cheap with me!

Looking to build my Insomniac Games collection! All things Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Spyro, and more!

#265 chaosgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

chaosgamer

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Woo hoo got Mario 64 & Paper Mario always wanted to play those 2 games never got the chance

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Okami, Destiny

:ps4: - Middle Earth, Infamous: Second Son

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#266 Zonic505   People read these? CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Nintendo has a list of all the eligible games that count here, plus how many coins you earn for said game/system.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#267 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Nintendo has a list of all the eligible games that count here, plus how many coins you earn for said game/system.

Yes, but I'm talking about if I have a loose code without a game/case. Some of them are fairly obvious (like the Pokemon titles), but some are extremely obscure. Like Fortune Street just has a picture of a die. Spirit Camera just has a picture of an eye. Art Academy for the DS doesn't have a picture of anything, its just an ad for Nintendo Power. See what I mean? With a database, it'd take the guessing game out of it.

2u1wxpj.jpg

I use Swagbucks to make $40 in Amazon credit a month, which is a free game in my eyes! Sign up using the embedded link above and be cheap with me!

Looking to build my Insomniac Games collection! All things Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Spyro, and more!

#268 Teeg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yes, but I'm talking about if I have a loose code without a game/case. Some of them are fairly obvious (like the Pokemon titles), but some are extremely obscure. Like Fortune Street just has a picture of a die. Spirit Camera just has a picture of an eye. Art Academy for the DS doesn't have a picture of anything, its just an ad for Nintendo Power. See what I mean? With a database, it'd take the guessing game out of it.

Just enter the code into Club Nintendo while you are signed out. It will tell you what game the code is for and how many coins it is worth.

#269 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Just enter the code into Club Nintendo while you are signed out. It will tell you what game the code is for and how many coins it is worth.

Never knew that, quite cool. I always got in the habit of writing the name of the game on the paper.

#270 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2605 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

google club nintendo game + pic, problem solved. Google solves alot of problems

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Club Nintendo, Coins, Wii, 3DS, Wii U