* * * * - 31 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (11/17-12/14)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

#2731 MrSneis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm STILL waiting for my Majoras Mask Soundtrack!

I basically quit the pursuit of racking up points after ordering it several months ago.... IIRC I was getting several emails to the effect of if I didn't use my points I would lose them within a few more days; which it seems was a fake out?

I ordered that soundtrack begrudgingly.  A month or so later the colored cradles hit, even if I had my coins still I doubt I would have gotten one anyways as they sold out so fast IIRC.

Now here I am looking at that Luigi statue saying how cool it looks and at the same time remembering how shitty this program is!

I did manage to snag a t-shirt and some pouches over the years I guess.

#2732 Jardarpp  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm STILL waiting for my Majoras Mask Soundtrack!

I basically quit the pursuit of racking up points after ordering it several months ago.... IIRC I was getting several emails to the effect of if I didn't use my points I would lose them within a few more days; which it seems was a fake out?

I ordered that soundtrack begrudgingly.  A month or so later the colored cradles hit, even if I had my coins still I doubt I would have gotten one anyways as they sold out so fast IIRC.

Now here I am looking at that Luigi statue saying how cool it looks and at the same time remembering how shitty this program is!

I did manage to snag a t-shirt and some pouches over the years I guess.

I also am waiting on my Majora's Mask Soundtrack as well. Some people have been getting notifications that theirs has shipped, but not me yet. No rush though. Also, if I read this correctly, the Majora's Mask Soundtrack was one of the yearly platinum rewards, and not a reward you'd spend coins on. 

#2733 blk00civicsi   Pillsbury Island CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

blk00civicsi

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

How long have the Mario and luigi 3ds pouches been available? I don't remember seeing them during the cradle sale.

#2734 Krullwolf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Krullwolf

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Looks the Mario and Luigi 3DS Pouch, and the Yoshi Cleaning cloth are new items as well for today.

#2735 MrSneis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

I also am waiting on my Majora's Mask Soundtrack as well. Some people have been getting notifications that theirs has shipped, but not me yet. No rush though. Also, if I read this correctly, the Majora's Mask Soundtrack was one of the yearly platinum rewards, and not a reward you'd spend coins on. 

You may be right on that.  Looking back it was in August that I redeemed for that platinum reward, should have gone for the posters!

#2736 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1824 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just throwing it out there... I got 1,600+ coins (with over 2,000 in vouchers laying around) and I just can't justify the statue. I am sure there are people who can or will buy it just because it's unique, but I don't think the statue will appeal to many beyond "hey, it's something not completely awful to buy", which was a common statement with the 3DS XL cradle. 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay 1500 coins for it (mainly because I love the digital games they started and never have enough anyways), and I know why it wouldn't be worth it, but a statue is better than just letting the coins go to waste.

That seems to be a common trait with coin hoarders who won't incessantly stalk the CN site / this thread.  They have the coins to spend, but things just sell out too fast for them to get to it.  The Zelda posters sold out in what, less than an hour (*EDIT* Actually it took about a day, the 3DS XL chargers sold out in that time frame is what I was thinking about)?  That is a pretty basic item but it still sold out fast because it was only a 500 price tag that most could easily swing. 

Last year we saw the Kirby medal, which was one of the coolest items offered in the US. The medal was small, but looked amazing and is pretty heavy. This coin was LE 1,000 (took like 8 hours to sell out too) and was only 600 coins. I would be ALL OVER the Luigi statue for 600 coins, consider it for 800, but 1,500 is excessive. 

800-1000 coins would be more reasonable given the typical coin vs. value ratio, but I think CN is trying to see how high they can go on these limited items.  There are just too many coins out there that they need to either lower the coins earned per survey or increase the price on the premium items.  I'd rather them do the latter and still keep the digital games at the same value.

The Kirby medal is the only thing I regret not picking up, I had the coins to spend, just thought I should wait to see what came up next. I can bet that if it was released today, it definitely wouldn't last 8 hours this time.

#2737 stewie75  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

does anyone know if the hat pouches fits a 3DS XL?

#2738 UlysisAM   'Nuff Said... CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

does anyone know if the hat pouches fits a 3DS XL?

On the website it says it's for use with a 3DS, DS Lite, and DSi. So unfortunately, it won't fit with a 3DS XL.

#2739 stewie75  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

On the website it says it's for use with a 3DS, DS Lite, and DSi. So unfortunately, it won't fit with a 3DS XL.

yeah I know but I googled the dimensions and it should leave ample room, on paper anyways. just was curious if anyone had actually tried and could verify one way or the other.

#2740 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Did they just raise the price of the pouches?  It was at 450.  Now it is showing 500.

#2741 alfaflyt   CAG CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Never got any of the CN rewards. Are the Mario and Luigi pouches exclusive or can they be purchased other places? 

#2742 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

is club nintendo down for anyone else?

#2743 empando   Psycho Crusher CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Did they just raise the price of the pouches?  It was at 450.  Now it is showing 500.

yes they did

#2744 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

It's up. 1500 coins.

Main, I probably have enough CN codes sitting around to get to 1500 but that is so many coins.  Then again it's fairly snazzy.

The statue should have been the reward for Platinum members,

Indeed!

Edit- Shouldn't have followed that link to see more pictures on the UK CN, super jealous of the stuff they've got.

#2745 r00kie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Main, I probably have enough CN codes sitting around to get to 1500 but that is so many coins.  Then again it's fairly snazzy.

Edit- Shouldn't have followed that link to see more pictures on the UK CN, super jealous of the stuff they've got.

I was just gonna post that....why does North America have such a laughable selection....I knee jerk bought the statue because I know at least half my coins expire in June and I have seen nothing interesting since the gold nunchuk.

#2746 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Soooo, after looking at the UK stuff, I've come to the conclusion that Nintendo just doesn't give a s*** about the U.S.

#2747 Krullwolf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Krullwolf

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

If anyone is curious about if the 3DS XL will fit inside the Mario and Luigi Hat Pouches. Credit goes to the 3Ds boards over on reddit.

KLB4LPch.jpg

V9Vaxa4h.jpg

#2748 stewie75  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

If anyone is curious about if the 3DS XL will fit inside the Mario and Luigi Hat Pouches. Credit goes to the 3Ds boards over on reddit.

attachicon.gifKLB4LPch.jpg

attachicon.gifV9Vaxa4h.jpg

:(

#2749 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Wow the UK club Nintendo actually gives out Nintendo points cards...

#2750 stewie75  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

while I'm yet to get any of the new stuff CN has offered, I am glad they're actually adding new things. it's, dare I say... trending in the right direction?

#2751 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Still canNOT believe I missed out on that cradle!!! 

I was just gonna post that....why does North America have such a laughable selection....I knee jerk bought the statue because I know at least half my coins expire in June and I have seen nothing interesting since the gold nunchuk.

Oh? I didn't realize coins expired. I thought only "status" expired.

#2752 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11455 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

So my soundtrack shipped, but i have no idea to where since it didnt include an address nor did they ever reply to my request to change it.

Just hope it didnt go to my cousins old address

#2753 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

My soundtrack still says "Preparing Order"

Was hoping to see it by Christmas but it's not looking too good

#2754 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6469 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay 1500 coins for it (mainly because I love the digital games they started and never have enough anyways), and I know why it wouldn't be worth it, but a statue is better than just letting the coins go to waste.

That seems to be a common trait with coin hoarders who won't incessantly stalk the CN site / this thread.  They have the coins to spend, but things just sell out too fast for them to get to it.  The Zelda posters sold out in what, less than an hour (*EDIT* Actually it took about a day, the 3DS XL chargers sold out in that time frame is what I was thinking about)?  That is a pretty basic item but it still sold out fast because it was only a 500 price tag that most could easily swing. 

800-1000 coins would be more reasonable given the typical coin vs. value ratio, but I think CN is trying to see how high they can go on these limited items.  There are just too many coins out there that they need to either lower the coins earned per survey or increase the price on the premium items.  I'd rather them do the latter and still keep the digital games at the same value.

The Kirby medal is the only thing I regret not picking up, I had the coins to spend, just thought I should wait to see what came up next. I can bet that if it was released today, it definitely wouldn't last 8 hours this time.

It was the cradle, but the cradle was a unique situation. Remember, we knew about it at least 3 days in advance, so people had ample time to obtain coins. 

I agree, though I don't think Nintendo has realized that the issue comes into play by their fluttering release schedule. If we got more routine updates and items were priced more fairly, we would see people taking the plunge. To put it another way, I didn't get the cradle because I wanted to see what the next item was. I thought, for whatever reason, Nintendo would at some point add a super high priced item that I wouldn't be able to afford of i bought... anything. This happened, except I didn't like it. I suspect many people feel the same way, especially since platinum status discourages entering 600+ coins a year. 

I think the Kirby coin would stick around. It released out of nowhere and it was high enough. Yeah, more people have coins now, but I still think it would have lasted a while.

#2755 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Indeed!

I'm thinking the same thing. It looks really cool and snazzy, but 1500 seems like a lot. It also says "stands nearly 5-inches." I know from my personal life that "nearly 5 inches" isn't very big. 8-[

#2756 destro4eva   Banned Banned   1210 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

destro4eva

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Too pricey on that statue Nintendo , you can do better than that !!!

#2757 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   831 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

say i put up the luigi statue on ebay any guesses on what it'd bring?

#2758 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. It looks really cool and snazzy, but 1500 seems like a lot. It also says "stands nearly 5-inches." I know from my personal life that "nearly 5 inches" isn't very big. 8-[

Yeah, as much as I like Luigi, love the Mansion games, and think the statue looks neat I think I'm going to end up passing since the 5" thing means that the whole thing's going to be about as tall as this Yoshi on my desk and that Luigi will probably be about the size of a Skylander.

#2759 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11455 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Damn, if i had all my unredeemed coins with me I'd go for it, but I'm sure it will be sold out by the new years

#2760 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3872 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'd rather have a nice 3DS game case than these.