X360 goodies giveaway! NBA Finals contest (Read OP)

kdiddy1989

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
Sports have been a huge part of my life. I like doing giveaways for sports related activities, be it trivia or predictions. My favorite sport is basketball and the NBA Finals are on! My favorite time of the year has me feeling generous so there will be multiple winners in this contest. Below are the rules. If you have any questions that aren't answered in the rules, post it here and I'll answer it as soon as I can.

Current contest: This will be a competition using a point system. Predict the winner of the NBA Finals games along with some bonus questions to get points. Each game will have its own unique questions for bonus points and using this point system, at the end of the NBA Finals we'll have a winner to pick from a prize pool, along with a couple more prizes for those falling just short of winning.

Prize Pool: 1st place winner takes first choice, 2nd place winner chooses after from remaining prizes and so on.

1200 Microsoft Points code (I only used my Microsoft Store code once so you shouldn't have to worry about any consequence of abused codes)

Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition Content and Online Pass/Battlefield 4 Beta access code

Dark Sector & Top Spin 2 Xbox 360 games - DS w/case and manual | TS2 w/case

PGR 4 & Virtua Tennis 2009 Xbox 360 games - Both w/case and manual

One more prize to come. (pending number of players)

Deadline to enter: Since we're using a point system, there is no deadline (with 2 exceptions; see below) to enter but those who have started from the beginning of the series will have an advantage over those starting later. To qualify for a games points, your post must be submitted 15 minutes before tip-off of that game.

Here's the scorecard:

SERIES WINNER (25pts): Correctly predict the NBA Finals winner AND the correct number of games (Example: Miami 4-0 or San Antonio 4-0) Deadline for this is tip-off of game 1.

SERIES MVP (10pts): Simple...Correctly predict the NBA Finals MVP. Deadline for this is tip-off of game 1.

Game 1 result (10pts): Who will win game 1 of the NBA Finals?

Game 1 bonus (5pts): Which player will lead the game in steals? In case of tie, points will be given to both or all correct choices.

Game 2 result (10pts): Who will win game 2 of the NBA Finals?

Game 2 bonus (5pts): Which player will commit the first foul of the game?

Game 3 result (10pts): Who will win game 3 of the NBA Finals?

Game 3 bonus (5pts): Which player will lead the game in assists? In case of tie, points will be given to both or all correct choices.

Game 4 result (10pts): Who will win game 4 of the NBA Finals?

Game 4 bonus (5pts): Which player will make the first 3-pointer of the game?

Game 5 result (10pts): Who will win game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Game 5 bonus (5pts): Which player commit the last foul of the game?

Game 6 result (10pts): Who will win game 6 of the NBA Finals?

Game 6 bonus (5pts): Which player will score the first point(s) of the 2nd quarter?

Game 7 result (10pts): Who will win game 7 of the NBA Finals?

Game 7 bonus (5pts): Which player will record the first block of the game?

The beauty of a score system means that if the series goes fewer than 7 games, points will be tallied whenever it ends and winners will be announced. Good luck!

You may enter your answers all at once, copying my format or game by game if you wish but you MUST make a new post. All edited posts will not count towards point totals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Certified']Michael Finley[/QUOTE]

Yup. Michael Finley was their running buddy for all those years. I miss those days. Too bad the defense wasn't good enough to go deep into the postseason. PM incoming.

Next code is for Toy Soldiers:

Guess who - Recently retired running back, played college ball at TCU, 5 time pro bowler, won NFL MVP

[quote name='kdiddy1989']LT! You got it. PM headed your way.[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks, needed one for a friend, surprisingly not many people playing toy soldiers online I guess many more players switched to the cold war version

[quote name='jackaattck']Sweet thanks, needed one for a friend, surprisingly not many people playing toy soldiers online I guess many more players switched to the cold war version[/QUOTE]

You one upped me just by having a friend willing to play, most of mine were like "Eh. Never heard of it, i'm good." And that formed this giveaway lol

Toy Soldiers code

Guess Where: Looking for the city and state. All the greats ones go here after a worthy NFL career. Although this city only has 73,000 people living there, every NFL player has dreams of one day visiting it.

Canton, Ohio is the answer I was looking for. Home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. mdcreeper, check your inbox in a few seconds

The Maw code

Guess who - Looking for 2 players. The 2007 Wimbledon final was my favorite tennis match of all time. Who played in it?

[quote name='kdiddy1989']The Maw code

Guess who - Looking for 2 players. The 2007 Wimbledon final was my favorite tennis match of all time. Who played in it?[/QUOTE]

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

This is probably all kinds of wrong, but hey i want the maw

mdcreeper got it. That was an awesome 5 set final. The following year's final was just as good, if not better. PM on its way!

Toy Soldiers code

Guess who: After spending almost a decade with Arsenal in England, this soccer superstar moved on to Barcelona in Spain before ending up in the USA playing for the New York Red Bulls.

[quote name='mdcreeper']um, my product codes aren't activating on steam...[/QUOTE]

These are the Xbox 360 codes from the Frito Lay promotion.

EDIT: I threw in Xbox 360 into the OP.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']The Maw and 14 day XBL Gold trial code

Guess Who - basketball, Purdue University, 1 time NBA champion, 12 years in the NBA[/QUOTE]

Brian Cardinal

[quote name='kdiddy1989']The Custodian!!! haha Brian Cardinal is correct. Cysquatch, I have a PM and two codes with your name on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!

14 Day XBL Gold Trial Code

Guess Where - Looking for Stadium Name - Nicknamed the Big House, Largest football stadium in the nation, Hail to the Victors

[quote name='blackhalk123']Ann Arbor Michigan[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll give it to ya, was looking for the stadium name but nobody jumped in. PMing you now.

I'll do a couple more later on tonight before work.

^ Hater! lol

Anyways time for a combo of The Maw plus a 14 day Gold trial. The trial is provided by Blackhalk123 from an earlier win. He did not need it.

Fill in the Blank: Oklahoma City Thunder, Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, __________, Los Angeles Lakers.

Only one guess per person to avoid somebody just naming every team in the league...

[quote name='CAG Barcode']Chicago Bulls[/QUOTE]

Nope. Bulls is wrong. Sorry. Headed out to work in 5 minutes. If there's no winner by then, I'll let the question sit til I get out in the morning and PM winner in the morning.

[quote name='zarda1']Orlando Magic, recent NBA final losers.[/QUOTE]

Good job, you're correct. Those were the last 5 NBA Finals losing teams. Check your PM.

Just got off work (yay graveyard shift!) but will have more to give when I get up.

Toy Soldiers code

Guess Where - Name the arena: Seats approximately 18,000 people for basketball games, home to both an NBA and WNBA team, it opened the same year the Spurs won their first NBA title.

bread's done
Back