$19.99 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning @ Target.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Finally a bargain-bin game. Not sure it's worth it, though. Graphics, gameplay, and animations are all crap.[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more wrong. Go play Halo.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Finally a bargain-bin game. Not sure it's worth it, though. Graphics, gameplay, and animations are all crap.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah right. It's easily one of the more enjoyable games I've ever played and I've heard the same sentiment from virtually everyone I've talked to about it. The combat is amazingly fluid.

i'm guessing you haven't ever played it... :roll:

Amazon's already price matched it (not sure if universal price drop or what), so I'd go that route with Prime for free shipping and no tax (at least here in my state - feel sorry for those of you whose legislatures make them charge you now).

I've never played it so I can't comment on the gameplay, but there is no way anyone can think the graphics are crap. It is a beautiful looking game.

[quote name='limelight022']His name is Nintendonly, which makes sense why he hates this game- hes not able to play it lol.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, because Nintendo really sets the standards when it comes to graphics.

If you check on Amazon, it says that the normal price is $19.99 (MSRP), so it seems like an universal price drop.

Looks like the infamous "Gargus" I've heard so much about is back.

[quote name='havuk']i'm guessing you haven't ever played it... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I've played the demo, and that's what I got from it.

After the demo was released, Schilling came out and said the demo was made from an earlier version of the game. It didn't sound like he even wanted a demo but EA forced the issue. The full game looks and plays a lot better, though some may not like the art style.

After Borderlands 2, this was my favorite game of 2012.

[quote name='hpbbes']After the demo was released, Schilling came out and said the demo was made from an earlier version of the game. It didn't sound like he even wanted a demo but EA forced the issue. The full game looks and plays a lot better, though some may not like the art style.

After Borderlands 2, this was my favorite game of 2012.[/QUOTE]

At one time there were 10 million subscribers to WoW, so I am sure the art style will hit home for most.

[quote name='StryderOmega']At one time there were 10 million subscribers to WoW, so I am sure the art style will hit home for most.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I had no problem with it, but there was some grumbling (as there is about everything) about the style.

um, at the risk of a sound thrashing, is this a normal "sale" with the little yellow sale signs or do I need to go looking for this on the always-on-the-move clearance shelves? I was in Target yesterday and didn't notice the game anywhere.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I've played the demo, and that's what I got from it.[/QUOTE]

if you didn't play the game, how can you have an opinion that matters? It's like hey I saw the trailer for a movie and that movie will suck. Better yet even, you can say you hate marijuana and never have tried it.

All those words are just ignorant!

I am gonna go order from amazon now... thanks OP and others!

The demo for KoA does not do the game much justice, it just shows some of the mechanics instead of the awesome gameplay and later skills. It's literally the beginning of the game.

Hit up a Target on the way home that was supposed to have "limited stock" according to their website. Didn't find it. I don't know if I feel like running all over town to check the others.

[quote name='keithp']Hit up a Target on the way home that was supposed to have "limited stock" according to their website. Didn't find it. I don't know if I feel like running all over town to check the others.[/QUOTE]

Because calling them up and supplying them a DPCI number doesn't exist.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Because calling them up and supplying them a DPCI number doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

Because being a douche is cool all of a sudden.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Because calling them up and supplying them a DPCI number doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

And take the chance the clerk keeps probably the only copy they have for himself? No way.

I'm from Rhode Island, and once again, although I've never played the game, I'm obliged to tell all you people that the game is great and you should buy multiple copies but only at the full price of $59.99

[quote name='StryderOmega']At one time there were 10 million subscribers to WoW, so I am sure the art style will hit home for most.[/QUOTE]
I'm currently playing WoW and hated KOA. The combat is rubbish, which is why I only lasted about an hour playing it before uninstalling. I'd personally spend the money on GW2 or Skyrim before this game.

[quote name='Azarius']I'm from Rhode Island, and once again, although I've never played the game, I'm obliged to tell all you people that the game is great and you should buy multiple copies but only at the full price of $59.99[/QUOTE]

You don't understand how retail works. The publisher already received the money when those games showed up on store shelves.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']Amazon's already price matched it (not sure if universal price drop or what), so I'd go that route with Prime for free shipping and no tax (at least here in my state - feel sorry for those of you whose legislatures make them charge you now).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sympathy, but you live in Iowa so if anything it's us non-filler/non-flyover state folks who should be sympathizing...

[quote name='SunDevil77']Can anyone confirm this is in-store? I'm seeing $30 online.[/QUOTE]

In-store is where I saw it.

[quote name='Nintendonly']In-store is where I saw it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean anyone else is confirming it though.

[quote name='SunDevil77']Can anyone confirm this is in-store? I'm seeing $30 online.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up one copy from the Target in Maple Grove, MN for $19.99 so it's confirmed at least at this store.

Man $20 is really good, got it pre-owned for 15 at BB and have yet to play it, i'd definitely take a new copy for 5 more bucks if I had a time machine.

A MMORPG without the online part with very fun combat that eventually gets boring half way through the game. worth 19.99? i would say so, for the combat alone

This was one of my favorite games of last year. I played through three complete times with a different class each time (Sorcery, Might, Finesse skill trees - Sorcery DEFINITELY the easiest).

I thought the game was pretty good looking. Once in awhile I'd get a weird perspective like I was UNDER the environment, but that would correct itself quickly once I moved positions.

My knock is the lack of diversity in the creatures and humans you have to battle. Basically they just scale up in difficulty as you level. The DLC is a lot of fun, with awesome loot that will help if you haven't already completed the main campaign, although some of the missions in Legend of Dead Kel get a little tiresome.

With the universal price drop for the game, I would expect the DLC to follow suit, hopefully sooner than later.

Oh, and for the achievement/trophy hunters out there, this is a pretty easy 1000 gamerscore or Platinum trophy.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']This was one of my favorite games of last year. I played through three complete times with a different class each time (Sorcery, Might, Finesse skill trees - Sorcery DEFINITELY the easiest).

I thought the game was pretty good looking. Once in awhile I'd get a weird perspective like I was UNDER the environment, but that would correct itself quickly once I moved positions.

My knock is the lack of diversity in the creatures and humans you have to battle. Basically they just scale up in difficulty as you level. The DLC is a lot of fun, with awesome loot that will help if you haven't already completed the main campaign, although some of the missions in Legend of Dead Kel get a little tiresome.

With the universal price drop for the game, I would expect the DLC to follow suit, hopefully sooner than later.

Oh, and for the achievement/trophy hunters out there, this is a pretty easy 1000 gamerscore or Platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]

Easy? Yes.

Painstakingly long? Also yes.

I am like level 3x and I am still fighting low level mobs just to clean up the side quests on the main land. (Gets very boring killing low level mobs, lol). Need to get back to this game, some day...

Nice, got one on the way home from work! I'll confirm $19.99 also. Thanks OP, it was better than waiting for Amazon and trying to find some filler.

Stopped in Target to pick this up yesterday. They had about 7 or 8 copies locked in the display case. The sale tag read $19.99 MSRP $29.99. When I slid the sale tag over the normal price tag just read $19.99, so I decided I can wait for clearance or another $5 price drop. I wasn't going to get to it for a year anyway, and if I don't I'll live.

bread's done
Back