(360,PS3) Duke Nukem Forver $3.99 used on gamestop.com

You can currently pick this game up new on amazon for the PS3 for $3.99. Shipping will cost as much as the game. I'm tempted. That's so cheap.

I got early access to the beta because I bought the Borderlands GOTY. Pretty disappointing title to have the "Duke Nukem" logo on it.

Just for the record, this has BEEN $3.99 at Gamestop and you can probably wait longer for an even cheaper price, or find it around the same price new if you don't like Gamestop.

I paid $5 for it and played through it partially. Its not that bad if your expectations are not that high. I will probably go back and finish it one day

[quote name='pedrobeara']I think i'm the only person who was happy to pay 60 for this[/QUOTE]

I paid $100 for the BoS edition and $30ish for the LE guide at midnight. Totally worth it for me for the forbidden fruit/post mortem factor but as an actual game it's pretty terrible.

It really isn't all that bad. They used what was left of Forever when they bought it so it had old gameplay mechanics.

The humour and most things that made Duke, Duke were in there. (The downside is only allowing you to have 2 weapons).

I never really saw why people hated the game so much I payed $10 from a gamefly sale and enjoyed playing through the game. I'm guessing it had to do with the fact that I never had any high expectations for the game and maybe the people who hate it were the ones anticipating it to be a AAA game or people just jumping on the "Duke Nukem Forever Sucks because it sucks" Bandwagon. I think people should give the game a chance.

just buy it, beat it and return it within a week for the free rental. its 2.15$ after the birthday coupon and card which is peanuts. im going to rebuy it soon to finish the game as im half way through it. the classic duke humor and blowing enemies away with the shotgun are worth the 2.15$ price tag lol

just buy it, beat it and return it within a week for the free rental.
If you're going to abuse their return policy and risk getting banned from returns, at least make it worthwhile... don't waste your "rentals" on a $4 copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

DNF is not an awful game, but really, how many truly awful games are there these days? To me, mediocre is the new bad. Unless you are absolutely starved for something to play (to which I might ask "how!?"), I can't reccommend this game. Bland levels, bland combat, even the "classic Duke Nukem humor" doesn't really hold up.

4 bucks is cheap for sure, but let's be honest, it's probably not going to go up in price for a good long while.

As a fan of the original game, I was looking forward to this one. I enjoyed it. The graphics are a bit muddy but it was fun to play. If it werent for the 35+ second load times every time i died I would do another playthough on hard.

[quote name='pedrobeara']I think i'm the only person who was happy to pay 60 for this[/QUOTE]

I don't remember how much I paid, I think in the range of $10-20, and I played the crap out of this game. Still one of my favorites on the Xbox 360.

Also one of the only games I 1000/1000 gamerscored.

[quote name='strait edge follower']bestbuy clearanced it out for 2.99$ last year. if you see a copy at your local bestbuy it will ring up for that price. thats how i got my copy earlier this year[/QUOTE]
That's where I picked it up many, many months ago.

Still sitting on my shelf in the original plastic. I'll probably just keep it that way till it becomes a collectible. Any day now, I'll be rolling in dough. Just gotta play the waiting game.

I was in for one. This was a price I was ok with paying. I had some trade it credit from months ago so I only had to fork out .75. To the backlog it goes.

This game isn't bad... it's just incredibly mediocre and outstays its welcome. Too many bland, drawn out, repetitive segments. There is some good ol' Duke fun to be had here. I'd say it's a decent game for $10 or less. Definitely worth it at $4.

I do recommend the dlc campaign! It is about 4-5 hours long with a bunch of collectibles!

(I think it played a lot better than the original campaign)

The Balls of Steel version of the game is also available for $20 if you can find one in-store.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/duke-nukem-forever-balls-of-steel-edition/90268

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago just because I thought it looked cool. I may just keep it sealed.

I got frustrated with the copy I bought from Best Buy for cheap a year or so ago, so I'm only half-finished. Been meaning it finish it if I can just get past the part where you have to bounce the grenades while avoiding getting squirted on by the walking dongs. :bomb: The game otherwise has decent humor and is fun, so long as you don't get stuck.

bread's done
Back