What is Family Fun Fitness Athletic World worth? It looks like Stadium events.

mitemouse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
I found an almost brand new copy of this game at goodwill for $7.99? It is complete with everything but there is a tear near the hangtag area.. here are some pics:

sam0319xu.jpg

sam0320g.jpg

sam0318.JPG

sam0325k.jpg

sam0323qo.jpg

sam0321gh.jpg

sam0317j.jpg

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a single complete copy showing up on eBay... that might make a big difference. Plus, OP's copy looks fantastic.

I have been doing further research and its looking like a great buy! Maybe worth around $300 or more if my research is right..

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=66793

I have been reading that the box and the manual are worth more than the cart.. the box is actually worth the most.. I have checked ebay and no one has put up a complete in box for this game..

Some posters in that thread above say it might be worth 1K or 2K if it was sealed.. I just wish it wasnt ripped at the hangtag..

I think someones mom must have thrown out the wrong goodwill box because there were like new NES games at this goodwill..

Man, I'd go back and grab the other games if they were all in that condition. You should be able to sell them for some good cash to a serious NES collector.

[quote name='mitch079']Man, I'd go back and grab the other games if they were all in that condition. You should be able to sell them for some good cash to a serious NES collector.[/QUOTE]

I thought about buying them all and I looked up all their values on videocharting and they were not worth more than 7.99.. But i bought the athletic world because I remembered stadium events and they looked alike.. I guess I will go there tomorrow and take another look cause my phone was dying and I wasnt too focused.

I got like $80 for mine (mint, complete) at the height of the Stadium Events craziness when that was first going for alot. Make sure you point out that it has the original round seal to show it's a first print run.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I got like $80 for mine at the height of the Stadium Events craziness when that was first going for alot. Make sure you point out that it has the original round seal to show it's a first print run.[/QUOTE]

was your game complete or cart only?

lol.. ok, you answered my question..

Stadium events was found at the same goodwill that I found my athletic world at on the same day but later. goodwill hadn't put it out yet when I was there

[quote name='mitemouse']Stadium events was found at the same goodwill that I found my athletic world at on the same day but later. goodwill hadn't put it out yet when I was there[/QUOTE]
I'm so sorry...

At least they didn't put it on shopgoodwill and it made someone's day.

[quote name='mitemouse']Stadium events was found at the same goodwill that I found my athletic world at on the same day but later. goodwill hadn't put it out yet when I was there[/QUOTE]

Aw man... got real lucky with one but missed out on the other.

It really sucks for whoever donated these though... they gave away a lot of money without knowing it.

I'm calling BS on this, Stadium Events is not only the rarest game on the NES, but is one of the rarest games released on any console period. The odds of one randomly showing up in a Goodwill are almost the same as finding a Nintendo World Championship cart at a garage sale. Given the number of copies that are presumed to be out there (less than 200) the probability of this happening is right up there with winning the Powerball.

The Athletic World cartridge itself is not rare at all, maybe uncommon at best, it was still being produced even after Nintendo bought the rights from Bandai and was marketing the exact same game as Super Team Games. The only thing that has value is the box and manual, which isn't an uncommon occurrence (Having the box and manual for Chubby Cherub for example instantly turns a $20 game into a $200 game).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spmahn']I'm calling BS on this, Stadium Events is not only the rarest game on the NES, but is one of the rarest games released on any console period. The odds of one randomly showing up in a Goodwill are almost the same as finding a Nintendo World Championship cart at a garage sale. Given the number of copies that are presumed to be out there (less than 200) the probability of this happening is right up there with winning the Powerball.

The cartridge itself is not rare at all, maybe uncommon at best, it was still being produced even after Nintendo bought the rights from Bandai and was marketing the exact same game as Super Team Games. The only thing that has value is the box and manual, which isn't an uncommon occurrence (Having the box and manual for Chubby Cherub for example instantly turns a $20 game into a $200 game).[/QUOTE]

Check nintendoage forums, katuko and reddit.. It's true..

[quote name='mitemouse']Check nintendoage forums, katuko and reddit.. It's true..[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, well, maybe, but something about the whole story still stinks to me....

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']wow for me that would be almost soul crushing to miss out on something of that magnitude, you seem to be taking it a little better haha

here is link for anyone that wants to see the story

http://kotaku.com/holy-grail-of-rare-video-games-found-in-a-goodwill-fo-473730982[/QUOTE]

It is soul crushing.. I have been thinking about it all day.. I guess early bird doesn't get the worm.. I arrived three hours too early. My wife has been tellin me how great I am with getting deals to cool me down.

Save point video game store is great. The owner is very cool!

please don't tell me you found that game at the goodwill in university

[quote name='Barney']Save point video game store is great. The owner is very cool!

please don't tell me you found that game at the goodwill in university[/QUOTE]

no, this was at the goodwill on south tryon..

[quote name='mitch079']If only you listened to me...I kid bro and feel your pain.[/QUOTE]

i went back the next morning and was there before the doors opened at 930..

bread's done
Back