3DS XL Circle Pad Pro $24.94/Shipped and up eBay

Quick Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csJC7afkxPM

[quote name='62t']Should go under auction section[/QUOTE]

If it was an auction, yes. However, it is not.

wish more games supported it. mine is on the boat coming over as we speak, ordered from Deal Extreme for $28.99, now OOS though.

Arent these going to be release state-side? might wait some more. not a lot of games use the circle pad pro so im not in a hurry. thanks op for the info though

I don't' know if I want to expose my man-hands to this monstrosity.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Thanks OP picked one up for a little over $25 shipped. Couldn't really stand playing monster hunter without one anymore.[/QUOTE]

I will be ordering one ASAP. Thanks for the links OP. I was trying to finish a mission gathering Monster Guts last night and found that navigating in the water areas was painful without having the second analog stick.

I actually handled one of these recently, and they don't add TOO much bulk to the 3DS XL when compared to the way the Circle PAd Pro for the original 3DS was

I bought mine from Best-price-game last week and I received it on Tuesday. He seemed to lower the price though. I think I paid around $28 last week.

I really like it. It fits well with your hands, unlike the 3DS version, which would feel very awkward to hold.

I wouldn't count on these coming to the US. I mean, they're already out in the UK. The original one probably wasn't selling enough to justify bringing the XL over.

Hmm...I don't know if I want to get this or not. I only have Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS in my backlog. That's the only game that I know of that supports this. Might eventually get Monster Hunter.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Metal gear supports it as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Might get the Vita version and a Vita when they're cheaper in the future.

There's just not that many games for me to make the investment.

So the list goes for North America:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising (Might get this eventually as well.)
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Monster Hunter Tri G
Nano Assault

There are probably more and I got the names wrong.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']These will work with our North American 3DS XL's?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

Snagged one. I thought Kid Icarus only used the Circle pad if you wanted to play left handed? Don't know, controls really broke that game for me.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']I bought mine from Best-price-game last week and I received it on Tuesday. He seemed to lower the price though. I think I paid around $28 last week.[/QUOTE] I bought one from the same seller for $27 late last week. I hope mine gets here as quickly as yours got to you. I feel Monster Hunter will be so much more fun with the CPP.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Isn't the MSRP for these things $19.99?[/QUOTE]

There is no USD MRSP, as it hasn't been released stateside.

As far as I know, here are the games that support the CPP:
-KH: DDD
-RE: Revelations
-Kid Icarus Rising (just for left-handed?)
-Metal Gear Solid
-Monster Hunter 3D (though this is disabled in the demo...can anyone actually confirm support in the full game?)
-Nano Assault, apparently (I've never heard of this game...can anyone confirm?)

[quote name='mbrown3']There is no USD MRSP, as it hasn't been released stateside.

-Monster Hunter 3D (though this is disabled in the demo...can anyone actually confirm support in the full game?)
[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it. I've been playing my copy with the CCP.

I'm really tempted to get one, but kind of hoping for a state-side release. Playing RE: Revelations with the CPP for my old 3ds really changed the experience drastically compared to playing it with just one circle pad.

I bought mine from Play-asia. With shipping I think it came to just under $30 but it got here in 2 days (from Hong Kong). I can confirm that I have spent a long portion of my vacation playing MHU 3DS (and for those underwater moments, almost MUST be) on the CPP. The US XLs DO work with the Asian CPPXLs.

You can thank Reggie for this, I'm sure.

I have some questions about the Circle Pad Pro for the XL and games that do not support it. If the game is not supported does that mean you can't use the extended L and R buttons on the CPP? I assume not since it uses an IR connection, just want confirmation. Also, how comfortable is it trying to get to the regular L and R buttons with the CCP on? Overall, does the extra bulk add more comfort to holding the 3DS XL? Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer. Depending on the information I might get one from the links the OP provided.

Didn't see this until today. I just ordered mine off Amazon, from an import seller but it was $38.99. Only bright side was it is fulfilled by Amazon, so got prime shipping.

Thanks so much, OP! I love Monster Hunter 3 on the 3ds enough to power through the awkward controls, but this will make it much more enjoyable.

Why do I get the feeling there will be a hardware revision with another analog stick coming? Maybe that's why we aren't seeing the CPP here? Shame on you, either way Nintendo!

Is it worth it though? I heard Snake Eater 3D is not a very good port, and I played the demos of Revelations and KH 3D and they seemed to work fine with one circle pad. The other stuff that supports it is Nano Assault EX, and Cult County, but I'd rather play Cult County with touch aim. Personally I'm not into Monster Hunter. I sort of want it, but does it really make that much of a difference for Revelations and KH 3D? I would be able to justify getting it just for the added comfort, but from my understanding it blocks the R button on the 3DS so if I try to play games that don't support the CPP I can't use the R button.

[quote name='KornKid91']Is it worth it though? I heard Snake Eater 3D is not a very good port, and I played the demos of Revelations and KH 3D and they seemed to work fine with one circle pad. The other stuff that supports it is Nano Assault EX, and Cult County, but I'd rather play Cult County with touch aim. Personally I'm not into Monster Hunter. I sort of want it, but does it really make that much of a difference for Revelations and KH 3D? I would be able to justify getting it just for the added comfort, but from my understanding it blocks the R button on the 3DS so if I try to play games that don't support the CPP I can't use the R button.[/QUOTE]

The CPP in RE Revelations allows you to walk while shooting and makes navigating so much easier. I won't play the game without the CPP.

Grabbed it for whenever I get around to playing Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter. Hopefully they release more games that can utilize it. Kid Icarus was kind of wasted opportunity since it is just to add easier controls for left handed people. Thanks OP

Thanks OP! Picked one up for monster hunter.. I was decently fine using the on-screen d-pad, but I figured you cant go wrong at these prices. Plus, it looks like it'll be much more comfortable to hold for long play sessions.. Just hope it comes pretty quickly!

[quote name='mbrown3']There is no USD MRSP, as it hasn't been released stateside.

As far as I know, here are the games that support the CPP:
-KH: DDD
-RE: Revelations
-Kid Icarus Rising (just for left-handed?)
-Metal Gear Solid
-Nano Assault, apparently (I've never heard of this game...can anyone confirm?)[/QUOTE]

I think this list is right, except it is Nano Assault EX which works with the CPP.

Also yes Kid Icarus is only left-handed with the CPP, which is a shame because that game would probably be a lot easier to control with that extra stick.

How much are these MSRP in Hong Kong? GF is in Hong Kong atm and I asked her to buy me one. Might as well get one from eBay if it's cheaper.

I'm playing KH3D now, and I don't know...the controls seem adequate as they are (I like them, actually). Does this really improve the experience that much?

[quote name='breakfuss']I'm playing KH3D now, and I don't know...the controls seem adequate as they are (I like them, actually). Does this really improve the experience that much?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it really did, I remember I never used the CPP controls even when I had mine connected.

Excellent, thanks OP! I've been looking for one for the last few days but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger at ~$38.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']The CPP in RE Revelations allows you to walk while shooting and makes navigating so much easier. I won't play the game without the CPP.[/QUOTE]

You can walk and shoot without the CPP, unless there's another kind of walk and shoot with the CPP.

[quote name='Teeheehee']You can walk and shoot without the CPP, unless there's another kind of walk and shoot with the CPP.[/QUOTE]

It's been a few months since I beat the game, so I was going off my memory (which sucks in most cases). Looking into it further, it was the ability to control the camera while also walking and shooting that I loved. Also just the additional functionality it provided made the game a better experience overall.

The guys review pretty much sums up my experience.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...elations-is-amazing-with-two-circle-pads.aspx

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I really do need one of these for Monster Hunter Ultimate...[/QUOTE]

Why? I have both the Wii U and 3DS version and I play on the 3DS just fine. Although I get huge hand cramps so I ordered one(from the link) just earlier. Didn't know about the bottom shaped for comfort, thought it was flat. F Play-asia for wanting $40 for shipping this thing.

[quote name='gokou36']Why? I have both the Wii U and 3DS version and I play on the 3DS just fine. Although I get huge hand cramps so I ordered one(from the link) just earlier. Didn't know about the bottom shaped for comfort, thought it was flat. F Play-asia for wanting $40 for shipping this thing.[/QUOTE] The camera is terrible. It's even worse under water.

bread's done
Back