CAG Newbie
Games:
Zelda Oracle of Seasons - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Zelda Oracle of Ages - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99 - Ends 6/10

All sales end at 9 AM PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']Is EscapeVektor better on this or Vita?[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Vita, but from what I've heard, it's the superior version solely due to screen size.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If only there was another thread like this on the front page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if only. Too bad no such thread exists.

Yeah, there's an eshop trailer. It looks like one of those games that has lame graphics (lines and arrows) but might actually be fun

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

The OP made this exact same thread three days ago and abandoned it to make this thread, so it might be better for somebody that's more stable to do this sort of thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this. That was an unannounced sale thread, and (mistake mistake) I failed to realize I could edit the thread title. Why not give tips like others rather then imply I'm a loose cannon?

[quote name='rayword45']I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this. That was an unannounced sale thread, and (mistake mistake) I failed to realize I could edit the thread title. Why not give tips like others rather then imply I'm a loose cannon?[/QUOTE]

Loose cannon cop... So loose... So cannon... So... COP. :applause:

[quote name='rayword45']I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this. That was an unannounced sale thread, and (mistake mistake) I failed to realize I could edit the thread title. Why not give tips like others rather then imply I'm a loose cannon?[/QUOTE]
If you're actually going to try to keep it up, then here are some tips:

• Alphabetize the list in the OP and combine everything into one list. You don't need to separate them by date.
  • Double check that everything on the list is still on sale each week when there's no end date mentioned anywhere.
  • Anything that does have a known end date, include it after the price so people know how long they have to get it.
  • Remove your opinions from the list since the OP should just have the facts in it. Nobody really cares about your opinion unless they ask for it.
  • Keep the thread title updated every week so we know it's updated.

You don't need to wiki the thread for something like this since there aren't going to be a flood of deals on the eShop because if you do end up giving up, then somebody will make a new thread anyway. The Xbox Live thread is a whole other beast entirely.

Since you missed it from your other thread, the Pokedex game thing has a known end date that you might want to add to it.

No games, just demos and apps like Swapnote. Earlier on, they gave away games like excitebike and four swords but they seem to have stopped that.

Wow...the eshop payment setup is awful. Even if you fund it with your credit card, you can only add funds in increments of $10, $20, or $50. And they charge tax, leaving you with uneven cents that will likely remain in your wallet forever.

I just grabbed Rhythm Core Alpha and was hoping to get EscapeVektor, but, thanks to the extra 40 or 50 cents each for tax, I'd literally have to add $20 total to get those two $5 games.

EDIT: Nevermind. Ignore my rant. I just missed the fact that there's a "necessary funds" button tucked away in the corner of the payment screen. Thanks for the heads up, Bios Element.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MR_E']Wow...the eshop payment setup is awful. Even if you fund it with your credit card, you can only add funds in increments of $10, $20, or $50. And they charge tax, leaving you with uneven cents that will likely remain in your wallet forever.

I just grabbed Rhythm Core Alpha and was hoping to get EscapeVektor, but, thanks to the extra 40 or 50 cents each for tax, I'd literally have to add $20 total to get those two $5 games.[/QUOTE]
At the bottom of the payment screen, you can just pay the amount needed for the current order.

[quote name='Bios Element']At the bottom of the payment screen, you can just pay the amount needed for the current order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I guess I missed the "add necessary funds" ability. First time using the eshop and all. Paid the extra bit and grabbed EscapeVektor. All's well now...lol

[quote name='moothemagiccow']It should really be at the top. Big "Pay $5.39" button, so either they're greedy or their UI designers suck.[/QUOTE]
It's a step up from the competition, but yes, their UI designers totally suck. You really just noticed this? >.>

[quote name='Gosha']Is EscapeVektor better on this or Vita?[/QUOTE]

I'd say they're about the same since the art style is so minimalist. I got the 3DS one today and it's fine. 3D is nice too, get it for whichever platform you prefer.

Is the pokedex pro worth it? Feels like theyll be releasing something new once pokemon x & y comes out. Hmm

[quote name='MR_E']Wow...the eshop payment setup is awful. Even if you fund it with your credit card, you can only add funds in increments of $10, $20, or $50. And they charge tax, leaving you with uneven cents that will likely remain in your wallet forever.
[/QUOTE]

I changed my billing zip code to NH, bye bye sales tax.

[quote name='opterasis']I changed my billing zip code to NH, bye bye sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Hhhmm...and that doesn't interfere with the authentication of your credit card?

Btw, actually feeling better about not knowing you could pay the exact amount now. I mentioned it to a friend of mine who has a launch 3DS AND an XL, and even he didn't know you could pay the exact amount and has had a balance sitting in his account gnawing at him.

Is this game really that special? Edge gave it a 60.

[quote name='bshirk']Is this game really that special? Edge gave it a 60.[/QUOTE]

That was a pathetic excuse of a review. If you can't hold down your R button then sucks s for you. Really, I can see the design flaws, but not "this is now a 6" design flaws.

It's best described as a cross between Pac-Man and Qix. At $5, it's worth a shot, and if you like it it should last you 8-12 hours for the campaign plus loads of replay value.

[quote name='Bios Element']It's a step up from the competition, but yes, their UI designers totally suck. You really just noticed this? >.>[/QUOTE]

Bad game UIs or the 3ds eshop thing? Been aware of both for quite a while.

The Guild01 titles will be on sale for a while:
Renowned Japanese video game company LEVEL-5, best known for the critically acclaimed Professor Layton series and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, has announced that three recently released titles for Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™ will be on sale from April 18 through May 30. Those titles include SUDA51’s dramatic sci-fi shooter LIBERATION MAIDEN™, Yoot Saito’s quirky airport simulation AERO PORTER™, and Yasumi Matsuno’s visionary RPG CRIMSON SHROUD™.

The three titles were part of the GUILD01 collection in Japan, a series of games directed by some of Japan’s most celebrated game designers who were given the freedom to express new ideas as part of LEVEL-5’s strategy to bring these creative masterworks to the world.

SALE DETAILS
From April 18 through May 30, LIBERATION MAIDEN will be marked down from $7.99 to $4.99 USD; AERO PORTER will move from $4.99 to $2.99 USD; and CRIMSON SHROUD will be on sale for $4.99 from the original $7.99 USD. For more information about each of these titles, please visit http://level5ia.com/blackbox/. All three titles will also be on sale in Europe.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Guild01 titles will be on sale for a while:[/QUOTE]

Well, the talent and the prices seem right. Now to read up on them. Any thoughts in here?

Liberation Maiden was staggeringly mediocre. A complete bland inoffensive uninspiring waste of talent, time, and energy. You could do worse but my 3DS already has a half dozen better games at $5 or less.

[quote name='Jnubs']Is Harmoknight worth the 15?

The demo was hella fun.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's worth the $15 if you enjoyed the demo. Fun little game, decent amount of stages. There are hard versions of each stage with unlockable artwork awarded for earning a gold ranking on the hard versions of each stage.

Only 5 Pokemon songs though. Kind of disappointed there weren't more.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Guild01 titles will be on sale for a while:[/QUOTE]

Nice. I didn't expect some of these games to go on sale, but glad I waited.

Already got Liberation Maiden (it feels very similar control-wise and to some extent, gameplay-wise to Kid Icarus Uprising), will probably get Aero Porter.

& Harmoknight is decent enough for the $15 if you're into music games. Gotta agree that it was kind of lackluster that there was only 5 bonus songs, but they were still a nice addition, plus the fact you can unlock faster versions of each song, adding to the replay value. Always enjoy it when Game Freak makes a game that ISN'T Pokemon (Drill Dozer, Pulseman, etc.).

Grabbed Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. Ordered a 32gb sd card since these sales seem to be happening on a regular basis now. Hopefully retail games will start getting eshop discounts as well. Would like to pick up the new brain age game for about $15.

Pretty sure it's over. There was a sales section & it wasn't mentioned there, especially since the store has already updated.

bread's done
Back