Star Trek 3-disc BD: $5 at Walmar YMMV

Timmy_Tim_Tim

CAGiversary!
Just left Wal-Mart in Lakeland, FL. They had multiple copies of Star Trek, the 3-disc Blu-ray Special Edition with Digital Copy, for $5. Looked like the DVD was regular price. This was sitting on a shelf with a $5 shelf tag. Rang up at checkout with no problems.

[quote name='jedifrog21']My Walmart SUCKS. They never have any of this stuff. I'm supposed to go "WHAT NO WAY!" at dvds for $7.88[/QUOTE]

Same here. If I want to drive 30 mins to the next closest Walmart I can get some of these deals, but that is just too far to maybe get a good deal.

I know we have a buttload of them sitting on this small overflow cap sticking out like a sore thumb in our walmart for over a year now. Looks like I might go check and scan them just to see. I hope your right. I so wanted this movie on Blu-Ray.

I feel like I've seen this, probably at a similar price, in my walmart before. Stupidly didn't pick it up though, so I'll have to check next time I'm there

I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.

[quote name='scottman']I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.[/QUOTE]

It may still work because I was behind on downloading several of my DCs and I remember doing this one last month and it worked just fine.

[quote name='DNukem170']Rummage the $5 bin. You would be surprised what you find there.[/QUOTE]

yep. this really is the most random bin in the world.

[quote name='scottman']I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.[/QUOTE]

I believe the PC Digital Copy expires. The iTunes one doesn't. At least, not from my experience. Have a few blu-rays where the digital copy was expired, but the iTunes one worked just fine.

Anyone get an extra copy of this they would want to sell and ship to me? lol I searched our local walmart and turned up nothing.

I just checked out my Walmart and only saw the DVD for $5. NO three disc bluray set in sight, so I wasn't able to confirm this. I did pick up The Other Guys bluray for $5, I'm very glad about that purchase.

I got Clash of the Titans for $5 (Liam Neeson). Not great but worth that I think. No Star Trek in sight but a few good ones at that price point.

I guess some places are just lucky. The only $5 Blu-Ray in the store here is No Country For Old Men and that's been there forever.

We have 3 Walmarts in town. Only one had Star Trek, and only one had the $5 Transformers: ROTF. The one Walmart with Star Trek had about a dozen copies. The one with Transformers had more than I could count, stuck in multiple places.

So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.

[quote name='thundarr']So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, damn Star Trek and it's bombastic director!

I'll check mine today and hope to find one at least.

[quote name='thundarr']So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.[/QUOTE]

So Star Trek is the whore right?

Same here only bluray I saw that I thought was worth grabbing was terminator salvation for $5. Going to try hitting up one of the other 4 walmarts in the area.

Considering that Walmart lumps any movie in their $5 bin, I'm surprised you chose to point out such an irrelevant point. I hated RotF as much as the next person (I enjoyed some of its action sequences and that's it), but at least I don't go whining about how it's stuck into some random Walmart bin.

In any case, I should check my nearby Walmart for Star Trek. Been meaning to grab the 3-disc blu-ray.

Is it that hard for them not to fill the f'n bins 10x their capacity so when you try to dig for a movie shit doesn't spill all over the place?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is it that hard for them not to fill the f'n bins 10x their capacity so when you try to dig for a movie shit doesn't spill all over the place?[/QUOTE]

I've grabbed an empty shopping cart to fill up for this very reason. I always hope for some hidden gems at the bottom, but have yet to find any.

[quote name='rcannon']I've grabbed an empty shopping cart to fill up for this very reason. I always hope for some hidden gems at the bottom, but have yet to find any.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is a really good idea. Going to check this out tomorrow. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back