If you can't slam with the best (aka RPG Thread XVIII), then jam with the rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshinra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
In the latest installment of the exciting RPG Thread SaGa:

barkley2.jpg

RPG Kickstarter Discussions!

Stack.jpg

The RPGs Everyone's Currently Playing!

Lets-mosey.jpg

Complaining About Final Fantasy!

And much, much more! So the usual, in other words.

I don't really have anything else to add right now, other than:
- I hope to wrap up Tales of the Abyss soon
- I probably won't wrap up Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life anytime soon
- A-couple-days-old news, but Shin Megami Tensei IV is $50, holy shit O_O; There better be some really sweet bonus items...

[quote name='Indignate']I see what you're doing. Stop trying to turn this into a 3DS thread.

Canadian.[/QUOTE]

Don't be hatin' just cause the 3DS is where it's at.

At least, until Xillia.

Tje 3DS is just sooo good though. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the road, then transfer save back to WiiU when I'm back.

Really liked the demo of Etrian Odyssey 4. Always assumed I'd hate a dungeon crawler but something in that demo just clicked, so now I have to keep an eye out for a sale...

I really need to get a 3DS. Some awesome rpg's coming. The old DS kinda slacked off on the RPGs towards the end if its run, so I have gotten away from handheld RPGs.

Finished the first of the four temples in Persona 2.
(Is there an SMT game that doesnt have you visiting 4 temples? Or rather "The 4 Temples")

I think I'm about 40 hours into it. Enjoying it, but I'd also like to be done and move on to other things in my backlog.

The tragic story behind Cid, loosely paraphrased:

"Shera, stop checking those oxygen tanks"

"Ah, ok..."

"Shera, seriously, we're about to launch the rocket..."

"Just give me a second."

"You'll die."

"It's ok, I don't mind."

0_o

[quote name='eldergamer']Finished the first of the four temples in Persona 2.
(Is there an SMT game that doesnt have you visiting 4 temples? Or rather "The 4 Temples")

I think I'm about 40 hours into it. Enjoying it, but I'd also like to be done and move on to other things in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

I have hesitated playing Persona 2:EP because of the huge time sink I have heard about it being. Is it really that grindy or just long, and how does it compare in difficulty with other SMT games like Nocturn?

[quote name='The Crotch']
HexkLKI.jpg

30 minutes left, you berks.[/QUOTE]

Ok, now it's getting confusing. So, at some point you exit that crystal globe lighthouse thing, and fall off the table into outer space?

... and then it goes into a nighttime version of the interior of the crystal ball, yes.

Anyway. The Kickstarter is over.

EPHJQ5V.png

$4.189 million via Kickstarter. The PayPal total is unknown, but based on what it was earlier today, I'd guess somewhere around $135,000. Another $200,000 out of the pocketbooks of inXile's CEO Bryan Fargo and this crazy motherfucker. Estimated release date is early 2015.

But man, you know who's gotta be happy about this? fuckin' Monte Cook, that's who. Dude used to be a major designer at TSR/WotC, did a shitload of Planescape and 3e stuff, left in defeat, and decided to make his own thing from the ground up. Not only did that turn out way better than he expected, but now Torment is basically a $4.5 million advertisement for his project.

So this is the comeback of the old school RPGs.

Surprised no Japanese team has not tried to do something with kickstarter or the likes.

Need an old school japanese RPG team to go make their own game.

I will continue to not give them any money for their kick starter fund.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The Jenova fight to her theme song was on point.[/QUOTE]
^ Truth.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Aeris is dead? Let's go snowboarding.[/QUOTE]
And before that, if you dodge her punch, have a comedy relief scene with Elena.

...yeah, FFVII's weird like that.

So I just found out via Facebook that the girl that voices Serah from FFXIII & FFXIII-2 is from my town.

Laura Dawn Bailey is an American actress, voice actress, ADR director, and line producer. She has provided voices for a number of English language versions of Japanese anime films, television series, and video games.

Some of her notable roles include Keiko Yukimura in "Yu Yu Hakusho," Kid Trunks in Dragon Ball Z, Maka Albarn in Soul Eater, Tohru Honda in Fruits Basket, Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, Shinnosuke "Shin" Nohara in Crayon Shin-Chan, Chun Li in the Street Fighter series and Serah Farron in Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I don't know her personally, (she's like 6 years younger than me) but it's pretty cool. I had no idea.

[quote name='Indignate']Let's pretend no one saw that post.

I've gotten into too many Laura Bailey discussions this week as it is.[/QUOTE]

haha

[quote name='Lokki']So I just found out via Facebook that the girl that voices Serah from FFXIII & FFXIII-2 is from my town.[/QUOTE]

Guess you don't know she's one of the most well known voice actresses in the States. I don't listen to anime dubs and I still know of her.

[quote name='panzerfaust']this game can look pretty great sometimes
UehEEgp.gif
j7jf3NW.gif
aa2H6xt.gif
[/QUOTE]

I feel like I'm wearing fishbowl lens glasses, especially that second one.

[quote name='The Crotch']He's clearly concerned that if he shows up in that thread, he'll get dunked on.[/QUOTE]

Dunk away!

[quote name='elessar123']Guess you don't know she's one of the most well known voice actresses in the States. I don't listen to anime dubs and I still know of her.[/QUOTE]

No.. I don't watch a whole lot of anime, honestly. I did back in my younger days.. but not since I got married about 13 years ago.

[quote name='The Crotch']He's clearly concerned that if he shows up in that thread, he'll get dunked on.[/QUOTE]
It would have to be the Chaos Dunk, of course.

So there is an English patch for Tales of the Tempest from Absolute Zero. Might be the worst Tales game ever made but there are people that want to play it.

Who plays JRPGs anymore?

Lets talk about how 2.0 drops tomorrow for SWTOR. Class balances are going to be interesting...

Patch notes: Lightsabers now decapitate anything in one hit.

That is all.

You mention cortosis, j-cart, and I will fucking cut you. I will fly down to Coachella and murder the shit out of you right in front of Jello Biafra.

Hey, going back to that "Blizzard is trying to make an eSports-focused MMORPG" thing for a second...

Apparently they just bought IGN's Starcraft 2 league? Like, the whole thing, I think. So I guess maybe they're serious? Serious enough for me to double post?

[quote name='The Crotch']Patch notes: Lightsabers now decapitate anything in one hit.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Based on the lore, there are things that can stop a lightsaber, such as a Mandalore's armor ;)

pwahhh, how embarrassing -- was stuck on a boss in FFVII for an hour. Tifa is holding nearly all my summon materia so she gets one shotted by everything, but i was too stubborn to change things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back