Shipping a Console and Collector's Edition?

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I get how to ship regular sized games but I need a bit of help with shipping consoles and collector's / limited editions.

I am shipping a PS3 and Batman Arkham City Collector's Edition (w/ slip cover) via UPS (to be safe). The last time I shipped from them with a 3DS they charged me $20. I didn't have a box to put it in, bubble wrap or the shipping label which I should have went out and got.

This time I am going to get my own box and bubble wrap to put the CE and console in. What I'm wondering is what shipping method I should use since I'll be using my own materials. I just don't want them to charge me $20 for each shipment especially since these are larger items than the 3DS.

Check out USPS flat rate Priority boxes. Depending on the size you can ship pretty reasonably with those, and they're free at your post office.

You can always get estimates online at USPS or UPS if you have the box size and weight so you'll know how much it will cost. USPS will also give you discounts if you pay/ship online and then drop it off at your post office.

[quote name='levi333']Check out USPS flat rate Priority boxes. Depending on the size you can ship pretty reasonably with those, and they're free at your post office.

You can always get estimates online at USPS or UPS if you have the box size and weight so you'll know how much it will cost. USPS will also give you discounts if you pay/ship online and then drop it off at your post office.[/QUOTE]

I suggest if you want to save money do not use a flat rate box. Unless you are shipping a box full of rocks you are better off using your own box and paying for Priority online.

I'm checking out the rates based on the weight and size (for Batman) and it looks like UPS Ground ($11.12) or USPS Priority Mail ($9.26) is the best options.I'm quite new to shipping so bare with me. With UPS Ground, I don't need to use their boxes, I can just come in with my own box and say I want UPS Ground and they print off the label and it should be the estimate price of $11 or near that.

With USPS, I would have to use their Priority Mail service. I assume its for Large or Medium Flat Rate Box though their site has that crossed out for information I entered.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I'm checking out the rates based on the weight and size (for Batman) and it looks like UPS Ground ($11.12) or USPS Priority Mail ($9.26) is the best options.I'm quite new to shipping so bare with me. With UPS Ground, I don't need to use their boxes, I can just come in with my own box and say I want UPS Ground and they print off the label and it should be the estimate price of $11 or near that.

With USPS, I would have to use their Priority Mail service. I assume its for Large or Medium Flat Rate Box though their site has that crossed out for information I entered.[/QUOTE]

You shouldnt have to use the large or medium flat rate boxes, those have their own separate rates and definitely aren't $9.26. You can just ask to ship it priority and they'll put a priority mail sticker or 2 on the box you bring. Also gets there faster than UPS ground. I used to work for my school's post office in undergrad (which I only finished last year) so I'm pretty familiar with the different shipping options.

bread's done
Back