Amazon - Tomb Raider PS3/360 = $45.99; Collector's PS3/360 = $75.99

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
PS3

I think Kmart has it for $44.99 (standard edition) this week but Amazon may be a better bet for most who don't like wandering into what is now the Kmart abyss

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just about to post this. Any guesses if the CE will clearance at a lower price? I've seen a tons of these at BB and GS stores in my area.

[quote name='coopscohen']Was just about to post this. Any guesses if the CE will clearance at a lower price? I've seen a tons of these at BB and GS stores in my area.[/QUOTE]
Amazon is showing less than 500 left so I would doubt it.

I really want the CE but I'm going to hold out until it drops to at least $49.99, I honestly think that might happen at some point. This is an amazing game BTW, thanks for the post GBA.

Tomb Raider is the only CE in the past few months that I have seen sitting at shelves at Best Buy and in the past year the only ones I can think of that had left over units post release day are Black Ops II Hardened, AC 3 Limited and then Tomb Raider.

I would pick this up at $60.

[quote name='Talgrund']Amazon is showing less than 500 left so I would doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is not the only retailer that has these still. They're also available at BB, GS, and newegg. I really think it has a chance at going lower at one of those places.

[quote name='coopscohen']Was just about to post this. Any guesses if the CE will clearance at a lower price? I've seen a tons of these at BB and GS stores in my area.[/QUOTE]

BB will almost certainly clearance theirs at some point, based on past form. 64.99 has been their drop price for CEs lately (Max Payne 3 and Assassins Creed 3), and I'd be happy with that. Hard to say what GS will do, as they had no price drops on AC3, instead converting them straight to used so maybe that's their new way of doing things.
BB is still rocking a $99 price point on the Aliens Colonial Marines CE though, whereas GS has it for 69.99. So who knows which one will crack first on Tomb Raider.

[quote name='ilifecomputer']I just finished the story this weekend: so much fun. It was sooooo much fun to play.[/QUOTE]

+1; I also just finished a couple of days ago, definitely an awesome game with so much replay value for me.

[quote name='ilifecomputer']I just finished the story this weekend: so much fun. It was sooooo much fun to play.[/QUOTE]

+2.

I bought it/beat it/sold it. Because I'm also waiting for the CE to hit a good price so I can rebuy it

The CE s a steal at that price. the Lara play arts kai figure retails at around $60 by itself, its like getting the game,art book, and patches for $15.

[quote name='Draknight']The CE s a steal at that price. the Lara play arts kai figure retails at around $60 by itself, its like getting the game,art book, and patches for $15.[/QUOTE]

Not really, seeing as mostly everyone wouldn't pay $60 for the figure even though that's what it retails for. Still a good deal though for an amazing game + extras.

[quote name='DaShaka']Not really, seeing as mostly everyone wouldn't pay $60 for the figure even though that's what it retails for. Still a good deal though for an amazing game + extras.[/QUOTE]

For those few that do its a steal since play arts figure typically retail in the $50-$75 range. Also the fact that it comes with the figure intrinsically makes this a better deal over all. It's the collective value of the whole that makes it an awesome deal. If everything was purchase piecemeal it would cost well over $130.

I'm expecting this to drop further for sure. The publisher has stated that this didn't sell in the numbers they wanted(although it has sold great), so I'm guessing every retailer that sells this has TONS. This game has also been released within the busiest 2 months of gaming in years, so I know many passed on this game, so there has to be large overstock everywhere.

It's only a matter of time before someone drops this even further. If CE like these aren't pre-ordered or sold within the first month, most consumers are waiting for a better deal(that almost always comes). This deal isn't bad, but it can be better. I'm waiting for at least 59 or under.

This also comes with the art book over places like GameStop/bestbuy At least I bought this last week and it still had it.

[quote name='granturismo']Yeah amazon is a better bet. Picked one up as just 500 left[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will get more in. Ive seen it under 500 for the last few weeks and they keep getting more

[quote name='DaShaka']Not really, seeing as mostly everyone wouldn't pay $60 for the figure even though that's what it retails for. Still a good deal though for an amazing game + extras.[/QUOTE]

I've sold many of the figurines for $60-$70. With the collectors price dropping it might get flooded and lower the price but people were definitely paying that much for the figurine before.

There's only one copy left at my Bestbuy. I really want to PM and use a $10 RZ but it might drop even more. Only a couple weeks to PM after buying

[quote name='Namerson']There's only one copy left at my Bestbuy. I really want to PM and use a $10 RZ but it might drop even more. Only a couple weeks to PM after buying[/QUOTE]

If there's only one copy left you might want to take your chances.

I got this thing after flipping 2 copies of Pokemon Soul silver I got for $5 ($10>$40) and decided I might as well get it at gamestop.

Word of advice; only really worth it if you really like figures. Otherwise it's just a soundtrack, a map/poster and a tiny lithograph (there's also a code there but let's be real, you'll all try it out then put it away forever).

[quote name='AzGoat']is this possible to price match still at best buy if your a sliver??[/QUOTE]If you bought it at BBY when it released, no, since you can only PM BBY post-purchase now.

If you want to buy it today, yes.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']If there's only one copy left you might want to take your chances.

I got this thing after flipping 2 copies of Pokemon Soul silver I got for $5 ($10>$40) and decided I might as well get it at gamestop.

Word of advice; only really worth it if you really like figures. Otherwise it's just a soundtrack, a map/poster and a tiny lithograph (there's also a code there but let's be real, you'll all try it out then put it away forever).[/QUOTE]

doesn't it come with the steel tincase? or is the tin case plastic?

[quote name='Mako1215']Steelbook was Target.exclusive[/QUOTE]

i was talking about the collectors edition, of whether the tin case is plastic

[quote name='AzGoat']is this possible to price match still at best buy if your a sliver??[/QUOTE]

If you preordered using their website before their new price-match policy went into effect in March, yes. In my case, the order showed up as being placed on February 16th, and since I was covered by the previous price match policy, and it was within 60 days, I was able to have them adjust my price to Amazon's $75.99.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you preordered using their website before their new price-match policy went into effect in March, yes. In my case, the order showed up as being placed on February 16th, and since I was covered by the previous price match policy, and it was within 60 days, I was able to have them adjust my price to Amazon's $75.99.[/QUOTE]

nice, you essentially pay about $55 for it, if you preorder it with the $20 rewardzone certif.

[quote name='YBX87']nice, you essentially pay about $55 for it, if you preorder it with the $20 rewardzone certif.[/QUOTE]

Yup! It was actually a birthday present for my fiance, too. Now I feel cheap, heh.

ive been scoring a bunch of cheap collectors editions latley and i would love the tomb raider one to plumit soon. i also want the god of war one to drop. great games with nice statues along with other swag + a cheap price ? perfect lol. i need more statues :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']ive been scoring a bunch of cheap collectors editions latley and i would love the tomb raider one to plumit soon. i also want the god of war one to drop. great games with nice statues along with other swag + a cheap price ? perfect lol. i need more statues :D[/QUOTE]

Oh.

[quote name='strait edge follower']ive been scoring a bunch of cheap collectors editions latley and i would love the tomb raider one to plumit soon. i also want the god of war one to drop. great games with nice statues along with other swag + a cheap price ? perfect lol. i need more statues :D[/QUOTE]
In no time you would be in my dilemma: finding a place to nicely display all those suckers.

I'm not the only person who feels like most of strait edge's posts deserve a "cool story, bro," right?

[quote name='Lemstar']I'm not the only person who feels like most of strait edge's posts deserve a "cool story, bro," right?[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for Tomb Raider to plumit latley myself.

i dont know if i should match this at bestbuy and use my incomming 20$ coupon from bioshock on it. i was going to save it for the last of us but now i dont know what to do. soooo tempting

[quote name='strait edge follower']i dont know if i should match this at bestbuy and use my incomming 20$ coupon from bioshock on it. i was going to save it for the last of us but now i dont know what to do. soooo tempting[/QUOTE]
you only live once, lol

[quote name='Lemstar']I'm not the only person who feels like most of strait edge's posts deserve a "cool story, bro," right?[/QUOTE]

You're not alone

If the CE ever drops to the $40-$50 range, I might pick up the :360: version. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the :ps3: version and getting all but one of the single-player trophies (darn you, Chatterbox...!), and I wouldn't mind having a secondary excuse (i.e., achievements) to play it again.

No, I'm not desperate for achievements. I like to think of them as a neat bonus. :D

Glad I'm not the only one. Anyways back on topic in for one thanks OP.

Has anybody ever got their $20 cert from their BB preorder for the Collector's edition? I don't think I ever got mine.

[quote name='Vigilante']If the CE ever drops to the $40-$50 range, I might pick up the :360: version. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the :ps3: version and getting all but one of the single-player trophies (darn you, Chatterbox...!), and I wouldn't mind having a secondary excuse (i.e., achievements) to play it again.

No, I'm not desperate for achievements. I like to think of them as a neat bonus. :D[/QUOTE]

how was the game ? is it completely like unchared like ive heard or does it do enough to stand on its own ?

oh and my ears were ringing, did someone mention my name on here ? :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']how was the game ? is it completely like unchared like ive heard or does it do enough to stand on its own ?

oh and my ears were ringing, did someone mention my name on here ? :)[/QUOTE]I really enjoyed it, and I agree with the comparison many have made with the Uncharted series: The Uncharted games have more likable characters and plots, but Tomb Raider outdoes it in gameplay. It approaches the third-person-shooter in a better way than Uncharted did--admittedly in a different way with its less-than-linear exploration aspects and upgrade system, though the characters themselves (except Lara) are pretty forgettable.

If I had to rate it on a 5-point scale, I'd give it a 4.5/5.

Amazon seems to be low on stock of the Special Edition controller for this game, if anyone is interested in it. Probably goes well with the Collectors Edition of the game.

Controller.

bread's done
Back