- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/7 to 4/13)

#31 AutoXman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Aw, no deal on the Deluxe Wii U console? :(

I feel the same way. Missed the target giftcard deal, and am ready to pick one up but haven't found any good deals. yet...

#32 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

We gotta disagree here. Frame rate issues aside, the gamepad pixel hunts are more annoying than using the controller and this version is missing the movie. The extra armor/attack does nothing for me either

I'm sorry, what? Pixel hunts? What is that referring to? The hacking sequence? Those are a blast.

I personally haven't seen any frame rate issues, I don't know what movie you're referring to, and I can't see why you would dislike the B.A.T. mode.

But opinions opinions lol. :bouncy:

fOjVcBc.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#33 MichaelC5Driver   Idle minds are the Devil's playground. CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

MichaelC5Driver

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I personally haven't seen any frame rate issues

Me either. I read about 'em. Never see 'em. Kinda like a Yeti.

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#34 moothemagiccow   Tall buildings shake Silenced   1075 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

moothemagiccow

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

We gotta disagree here. Frame rate issues aside, the gamepad pixel hunts are more annoying than using the controller and this version is missing the movie. The extra armor/attack does nothing for me either

I didn't have any problems with the graphics but the gamepad sequences really added nothing to the game. The map is not very good, either. It's easily the best retail port for the wiiu, but that's not saying much. This was my first time playing it. Arkham Asylum was a much better game all around.

I believe other consoles got the Batman Year One movie with the game. It's on Netflix, either way. Pretty good adaptation but the comic miniseries is very good.

#35 rufusjenkins   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

rufusjenkins

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Any basic console owners happy with their purchase?

#36 dravack   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Really there is no reason to hate the basic console. I asked an opinion question on this a few days ago. No real negatives. Just more positive towards the deluxe. IE: When you buy a game on the digital store you get a % back in digital store credit
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340871

Edited by dravack, 03 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#37 boylover   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Great deal for Batman. Best version of the game at the lowest price that any version has dropped to.

The WiiU console is also a good deal considering that you can take Nintendo Land and exchange it at a different store for a different game. That's what I did last time Best Buy had this exact same deal (back at the end of December / beginning of January)

#38 boylover   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yes. It has enough storage space to download Trine 2 Directors Cut, which is all I care about in terms of digital stuff. I'll buy all my other games on physical disc.

Also if storage space for digital games is actually important to you, it's actually a much better investment to just buy the Basic system and then purchase an external HDD or a big USB flash drive to plug in.

#39 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Plus side of Deluxe

- % back on all purchases
- 4x more storage than Basic version
- Comes with FREE Nintendoland (Basic offers tend to include this now so it's not that big of a deal)
- Extra plastic
- ITS BLACK

EXTRA PLUS IF YOU GET THE ZOMBI U BUNDLE
- Zombi U ($60)
- Nintendo Land ($60)
- Wii U Pro Controller ($50)

A lot of savings!

I know some people want to get Basic because they plan on hooking their own HDD, so it's not that big of a deal.

#40 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I love mine because I got it for free from Burger King :bouncy: But the storage issue was resolved easily with a 120GB laptop drive I had sitting in my desk drawer. Just popped it into an enclosure and was good to go.

I believe other consoles got the Batman Year One movie with the game. It's on Netflix, either way. Pretty good adaptation but the comic miniseries is very good.

The Collector's Edition version came with this on physical disc (which I have), and the GOTY version came with a digital code. I bought both (traded in copy that came with CE after I beat it and rebought the goty for the extra content), but the code with the GOTY is expired now, I believe it expired at the end of March.
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#41 dravack   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I love mine because I got it for free from Burger King :bouncy: But the storage issue was resolved easily with a 120GB laptop drive I had sitting in my desk drawer. Just popped it into an enclosure and was good to go.

The Collector's Edition version came with this on physical disc (which I have), and the GOTY version came with a digital code. I bought both (traded in copy that came with CE after I beat it and rebought the goty for the extra content), but the code with the GOTY is expired now, I believe it expired at the end of March.

please explain? I'm curious how you got it from BK.. I mean I know it's have it your way. Can I order a burger with a free wii u? XD

Edited by dravack, 03 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#42 unopepito06   Henshin! CAGiversary!   591 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

unopepito06

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Sad that eshop card is full price. Thanks OP.

Apparently your comment was so full of rage and anger that you immediately fell asleep. That's a new level of rage.

#43 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

please explain? I'm curious how you got it from BK.. I mean I know it's have it your way. Can I order a burger with a free wii u? XD

Burgerking was doing a Wii u giveaway contest back in Oct 2012. You could get a free code via email to try it. Otherwise you entered you numbers off your receipt to try and win one. I got a free code and won on my first attempt. Recieved the Wii u right before Xmas.
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#44 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Entered that sweepstakes every damn day with no luck. ARGH.

fOjVcBc.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#45 MasterX   The Doctor CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Tomb Raider $44.99
Assassins Creed 3 $44.99
Far Cry 3 $44.99

Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect $269.99

Gioteck Headset $39.99

(Games show 360 cases but should be good for PS3 as well)

477384.png

#46 dravack   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Burgerking was doing a Wii u giveaway contest back in Oct 2012. You could get a free code via email to try it. Otherwise you entered you numbers off your receipt to try and win one. I got a free code and won on my first attempt. Recieved the Wii u right before Xmas.

Nice! Congrats on your win. Wish I saw this back then. Wasn't following CAG back then nor going to burger king.

#47 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12019 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

First non-Amazon sale for TR, right?

#48 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

First non-Amazon sale for TR, right?

First non-online deal, ya.

xivpads.png

#49 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4074 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

So is Tomb Raider as good as everyone says it is? Planning to pick it up when it hits $20-$30 since it has not grabbed my interest yet and I already bought 3 release day games this year, so got to be tight on money.

512847.png

#50 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

started off very strong, turned into generic tps

#51 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   7475 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
PS3

DealSeeker2U

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yes! Tomb Raider PM to BB since I missed out on the Amazon deal PM. Thanks OP!

#52 MasterX   The Doctor CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

So is Tomb Raider as good as everyone says it is? Planning to pick it up when it hits $20-$30 since it has not grabbed my interest yet and I already bought 3 release day games this year, so got to be tight on money.

Yes, one of the best games I played this gen.

477384.png

#53 BWeed560   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

BWeed560

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

I would of bought a Wii U with this sale if it was still $249.99 with the game..UGHH Getting close to my price point.That Zombie U bundle still got my eye, they dont sale that bundle at BB. So i have a feeling the big N has a more family friendly bundle up their sleeve. My nephew is 5 and he loves zombies lol but you know we need a wii sports like bundle or a mario kart that will be marketed better.

Can't wait till e3..

#54 UnlockPotential   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

UnlockPotential

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

You guys are my best friends.

#55 Flacksguy  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

I would of bought a Wii U with this sale if it was still $249.99 with the game..UGHH Getting close to my price point.That Zombie U bundle still got my eye, they dont sale that bundle at BB. So i have a feeling the big N has a more family friendly bundle up their sleeve. My nephew is 5 and he loves zombies lol but you know we need a wii sports like bundle or a mario kart that will be marketed better.

Can't wait till e3..

If you're looking for a game the family would like, I'd recommend Nintendo Land. I know it hasn't gotten the best reviews, but my family absolutely loves it.
We play the attraction tour mode all the time, and its a blast.

I'll be picking up Arkham City this weekend. I enjoyed it on the 360, so I'm looking forward to trying it out on the Wii U. At that price, why not? I can't see it going all that much lower.

#56 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

It's amazing. And the thing is....you actually waste more money waiting for the pice to drop to $20 or $30.... By that time the trade in value will have plummeted as well.

Personally I think the way I do it is the most value conscious..., I bought at best buy day one for $60 got the $20 reward zone certificate....100%d the game within the first week and traded it back in at max value of $40.... Essentially not paying a dime....

:360: None  :xb1: Halo: MCC, Sunset Overdrive
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, Dying Light, Far Cry 4, GTAV
:wii: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros  :3ds:  Super Smash 3DS, Tomodachi Life, Zelda: Link Between Worlds
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#57 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4074 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

It's amazing. And the thing is....you actually waste more money waiting for the pice to drop to $20 or $30.... By that time the trade in value will have plummeted as well.

Personally I think the way I do it is the most value conscious..., I bought at best buy day one for $60 got the $20 reward zone certificate....100%d the game within the first week and traded it back in at max value of $40.... Essentially not paying a dime....

I like to "KEEP" my games. I trade in only if the game was atrocious or worth more than what I paid.

To be honest though with TR I think I am going to redbox it over the weekend for free with multiple game rental codes and 1k it in a day or two. SO it will be FREE. Cause I dont think I care to own this one.

512847.png

#58 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   3594 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

Is the headset any good quality wise? $8 seems like a steel, but I don't know regular price... Not sure how many games will use it either.

#59 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

I like to "KEEP" my games. I trade in only if the game was atrocious or worth more than what I paid.

To be honest though with TR I think I am going to redbox it over the weekend for free with multiple game rental codes and 1k it in a day or two. SO it will be FREE. Cause I dont think I care to own this one.

Unless you boost, expect the multiplayer to take a couple days.

#60 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4074 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Unless you boost, expect the multiplayer to take a couple days.

Yea I know trust me. Lol i know too much about achievements. Had two friends get this done over the weekend so I should be able to do the same. This would be about my 300th completed game. I may not rent it just yet though since Bioshock Infinite has sucked me in ATM. Might finish that game first.

512847.png