- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/7 to 4/13)

#61 icewolf74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

icewolf74

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Plus side of Deluxe

- % back on all purchases
- 4x more storage than Basic version
- Comes with FREE Nintendoland (Basic offers tend to include this now so it's not that big of a deal)
- Extra plastic
- ITS BLACK

EXTRA PLUS IF YOU GET THE ZOMBI U BUNDLE
- Zombi U ($60)
- Nintendo Land ($60)
- Wii U Pro Controller ($50)

A lot of savings!

I know some people want to get Basic because they plan on hooking their own HDD, so it's not that big of a deal.

As a Wii U Deluxe owner, I have to correct you in saying that this only applies to digital purchases off of Nintendo's eshop. You get nothing back if you buy physical games. I was disappointed when I found this out as I rarely buy digital games.

#62 deathfromace   Sega Collector CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

deathfromace

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

On top of it only having 32g HDD one full AAA game will take a good chunk of that

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

All the Sega games I own. Box 16,17,18 (updated 6/13/2014) - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#63 invincibleaggre   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   146 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

invincibleaggre

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Might have to pick up tomb raider per your guys recommendations. I havent had chance to look at any trailers or gameplay online for it yet though. http://www.the2012games.uni.me/tomb/

#64 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

As a Wii U Deluxe owner, I have to correct you in saying that this only applies to digital purchases off of Nintendo's eshop. You get nothing back if you buy physical games. I was disappointed when I found this out as I rarely buy digital games.

Why would anyone think it was available on physical games? You buy those straight from the retailer, not from Nintendo.

Also - it's called DIGITAL DELUXE PROMOTION. It's on the box...

Anyways, I found it very useful for indie/VC releases. These titles go on sale quite often and are games I recommend.

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition
Little Inferno
Trine 2
Famicon Anniversary Virtual Console titles

Right now I'm debating if I should pick up AC. I bought Most Wanted U for half off even though I already played it to death on PS3. I also beat AC on PS3 but the Wii U release is quite cheap. It also contains the DLC I missed out on.

#65 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

I'll probably be in on Batman at that price. Have $10 left in reward zone certs I can use to drop it to $10
Posted Image

#66 moothemagiccow   Tall buildings shake Silenced   1075 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

moothemagiccow

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Entered that sweepstakes every damn day with no luck. ARGH.

They got you, didnt they? How many whoppers did you down?

#67 nevergonnagive2   organizes bargain bins for fun CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

nevergonnagive2

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

started off very strong, turned into generic tps

Gameplay wise it felt halfway between gears of war 3 and assassin's creed 2 but I loved the game

#68 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12583 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yes! Tomb Raider PM to BB since I missed out on the Amazon deal PM. Thanks OP!

Doesn't work anymore unless your Reward Zone Silver and even if you are this will be the last thing you can do that with. BB changed their PM policy last month. You can only do post-purchase PM if they drop the price on it.

#69 unopepito06   Henshin! CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

unopepito06

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Think I'm actually gonna pick up Far Cry 3 now, finally. It's crazy how like 3 different stores had deals this week for like $25-30, and they were all dead within a couple days. Who knows, maybe we'll get something even crazier before Sunday. :pray:

Apparently your comment was so full of rage and anger that you immediately fell asleep. That's a new level of rage.

#70 DRKnight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Does anyone know if those 25 dollars off 50 expire on 4/7/13 if I can still use them on TR and another game?

#71 atomicmouse   Not even once CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

atomicmouse

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

It's amazing. And the thing is....you actually waste more money waiting for the pice to drop to $20 or $30.... By that time the trade in value will have plummeted as well.

Personally I think the way I do it is the most value conscious..., I bought at best buy day one for $60 got the $20 reward zone certificate....100%d the game within the first week and traded it back in at max value of $40.... Essentially not paying a dime....

Lol assuming he wanted to get rid of it

#72 rcerboss  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Those rocketfish headphones for $8 have piqued my interest, but I can't find any good reviews/information on them. I read that they have a mic with a mute button, but the few pictures I've found of the "headset" show headphones only so I don't know what to make of that. Anybody got any comments on them?

Why would anyone think it was available on physical games? You buy those straight from the retailer, not from Nintendo.

Anyways, I found it very useful for indie/VC releases. These titles go on sale quite often and are games I recommend.

Little Inferno
Trine 2

Right now I'm debating if I should pick up AC. I bought Most Wanted U for half off even though I already played it to death on PS3. I also beat AC on PS3 but the Wii U release is quite cheap. It also contains the DLC I missed out on.

I gotta say, I'm very dissapointed in any CAG recommending Trine 2 on WiiU. Aside from one piddely extra level, the steam version has all the content the WiiU one does, and even buying the DLC seperately it's been on sale at a fraction of the WiiU's cost many times now. And it's not like Trine 2 takes a supercomputer to run either; I don't know why anybody with a PC used for anything more than browsing the web would consider it. I don't care anything about Little Inferno but from what I've seen/heard it's probably the same situation.

I guess local multiplayer could be a factor for someone who can't (or won't) hook up their PC to their TV, but is that really worth paying over for the game several times over?

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#73 ricoraney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ricoraney

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

started off very strong, turned into generic tps

What he meant to say was it started out strong, kept building momentum throughout, and finished strong. Otherwise, he must be talking about TR:Underworld or TR: Anniversary. He can't possibly be talking about this awesome piece of gaming! Loved it! You will be doing yourself a great disservice should you pass on this game. My favorite game in these recent times.

#74 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   8360 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Doesn't work anymore unless your Reward Zone Silver and even if you are this will be the last thing you can do that with. BB changed their PM policy last month. You can only do post-purchase PM if they drop the price on it.

Yup, silver member and it will be my last PM.

#75 z24buddy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yup, silver member and it will be my last PM.

Good luck with that price match to a competitor for a purchase made after 3/3 as it is outside of the policy. The game came out after the transition period started and is only eligible to match to a Best Buy sale in the 60 day window for RZ Silver members.

Most BBY employees and managers seem to be not aware of the whole transition period for RZS members and also think that Price Matching was never more than 30 days even for RZS. (even though their transition policy on the web makes it clear that RZS can still PM to a BBY sale within 60 days for purchases made 3/3-4/18.

I had to fight hard by pointing out the language in the PM policy prior to 3/3 just to get a PM on Metal Gear ($40 at Newegg) last night.

Part of it is their computers fault for making a PM after 30 days difficult, even though it says in the old policy that they will PM during the return/exchange period(which was 60 days for RZS).

#76 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9352 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

First non-Amazon sale for TR, right?

One guy mentions it on clearance in a Target thread. Seems kinda earlier though.
Since the MP is supposedly "meh" I can wait longer.

#77 icewolf74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

icewolf74

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Little Inferno
Trine 2

Well you did say "% back on ALL purchases." I was just clarifying your mistake, typo or ignorance, which people could presume you meant both digital and physical game purchases since you used the word "all". Also, nevermind the fact that people could also read into the word "all" as Wii U accessories too.

#78 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   8360 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Good luck with that price match to a competitor for a purchase made after 3/3 as it is outside of the policy. The game came out after the transition period started and is only eligible to match to a Best Buy sale in the 60 day window for RZ Silver members.

Most BBY employees and managers seem to be not aware of the whole transition period for RZS members and also think that Price Matching was never more than 30 days even for RZS. (even though their transition policy on the web makes it clear that RZS can still PM to a BBY sale within 60 days for purchases made 3/3-4/18.

I had to fight hard by pointing out the language in the PM policy prior to 3/3 just to get a PM on Metal Gear ($40 at Newegg) last night.

Part of it is their computers fault for making a PM after 30 days difficult, even though it says in the old policy that they will PM during the return/exchange period(which was 60 days for RZS).

They are pretty confused about this policy themselves but I will give it a shot. The worst they can do is say no. No problem, I am ok with that and I move on.

#79 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Burgerking was doing a Wii u giveaway contest back in Oct 2012. You could get a free code via email to try it. Otherwise you entered you numbers off your receipt to try and win one. I got a free code and won on my first attempt. Recieved the Wii u right before Xmas.

That is so cool!

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#80 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   3884 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

They got you, didnt they? How many whoppers did you down?

None. The website gave you one free code per day.

FU7kFbw.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#81 boylover   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

boylover

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

I gotta say, I'm very dissapointed in any CAG recommending Trine 2 on WiiU. Aside from one piddely extra level, the steam version has all the content the WiiU one does, and even buying the DLC seperately it's been on sale at a fraction of the WiiU's cost many times now. And it's not like Trine 2 takes a supercomputer to run either; I don't know why anybody with a PC used for anything more than browsing the web would consider it. I don't care anything about Little Inferno but from what I've seen/heard it's probably the same situation.

I guess local multiplayer could be a factor for someone who can't (or won't) hook up their PC to their TV, but is that really worth paying over for the game several times over?

Well it's the best console version by far. A lot of people just don't like to game on PC. And yeah, local multiplayer is nice. As are the various control schemes on WiiU (Game Pad with touch screen, or Wiimote + Nunchuk).

Considering it goes on sale on WiiU Shop for $15 quite frequently, you can't really complain about the price even if the Steam version is a few bucks cheaper.

#82 yokuo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Well it's the best console version by far. A lot of people just don't like to game on PC. And yeah, local multiplayer is nice. As are the various control schemes on WiiU (Game Pad with touch screen, or Wiimote + Nunchuk).

Considering it goes on sale on WiiU Shop for $15 quite frequently, you can't really complain about the price even if the Steam version is a few bucks cheaper.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's been on sale for less than $4 a few times. That's quite a difference. I have it on 360 myself, and got it cheapish, but still.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#83 VexxedCS   Dirty Nihilist CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

$39.99 Each: (The ad actually says save $20 on these titles and select others, so there should be other games $20 off)

Assassin's Creed III :ps3: :360: WiiU
Ni No Kuni :ps3:
Borderlands 2 :ps3: :360:
Tiger Woods '14 :ps3: :360:
Halo 4 :360:
Diablo 3 :pc:

$54.99
Skylanders Giants Starter Pack :ps3: :360: :wii: :3ds:

Save $20 When you reserve Battlefield 4 and buy one of these 3 titles:

$59.99 each before savings
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel :ps3: :360:
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition :ps3: :360:
Crysis 3 :ps3: :360:

Free $60 Gift Card when you buy any 500GB PS3 and MLB '13 The Show ($59.99)

Edited by VexxedCS, 05 April 2013 - 03:51 AM.

#84 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1341 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

I think I might bite on Ni No Kuni!

shoopbadoop.png

#85 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   8899 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Ni No Kuni has been 39.99 the last week at Target.

Deader2818.png

#86 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1341 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Ni No Kuni has been 39.99 the last week at Target.

Has it? huh.

Guess I never noticed.

shoopbadoop.png

#87 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

I bought Trine 2 at $15. On PC with DLC, it would have cost $22+. But yes, Steam games always go on sale.

...But I'd rather play it on my Wii U. My PC can't run games and this game is more playable on a console. The local multiplayer, exclusive level, and added content is a plus too.

It's also cool to support the developer so I did. I'd gladly hand over $15.

#88 invincibleaggre   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   146 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

invincibleaggre

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Going to pick up the new tiger woods 14. To get my head in for the masters. http://www.freegameo...me/masters.jpg/

#89 TrumpetDan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

TrumpetDan

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Already have Ni No Kuni, but for those who don't, go for it! Love that title.

#90 sirdudeoi  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Bummer I just bought Ni No Kuni at Gamestop because I missed the target deal from last week and had some extra credit to burn.

Would I be able to buy a new, sealed copy at Target and return it to Gamestop?