Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Was in Target today and couldn't help but notice that they had marked down Bioshock Infinite and put a bunch of copies on the endcap.

46n.jpg

56n.jpg

66n.jpg

Thought it might be a used game but the game was shrinkwrapped and everything was brand new. So I have no idea lol

Haven't really encountered this before so I'm not sure why/how but thought I might post it in case others want to try their luck ;)

Ok.

First, was it only for PS3?

Second, this could definitely be ymmv. I am definitely going to have to check if 360 versions were also available.

[quote name='mossfan563']wtf? Was it only PS3? Or were there 360 copies? If so, can I buy one from you? lol[/QUOTE]

I checked and they did have 360 copies as well, albeit in the normal spot and marked at $59.99. So that was a no-go lol

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I checked and they did have 360 copies as well, albeit in the normal spot and marked at $59.99. So that was a no-go lol[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Nah ill pass... Maybe. PS3 needs some loving... Hard choice but I prefer the 360.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']Was in Target today and couldn't help but notice that they had marked down Bioshock Infinite and put a bunch of copies on the endcap.

46n.jpg

56n.jpg

66n.jpg

Thought it might be a used game but the game was shrinkwrapped and everything was brand new. So I have no idea lol

Haven't really encountered this before so I'm not sure why/how but thought I might post it in case others want to try their luck ;)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! And I live pretty close to where you bought it.... I may need to check this out!

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Holy crap! And I live pretty close to where you bought it.... I may need to check this out![/QUOTE]

There were still several copies left when bought mine so it may be worth a shot. Hopefully we don't have a resident El Hoardo :p

[quote name='MysterD']What about PC version...?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see a PC version. I wish I had, I hear the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions. Probably just wait for a steam sale though.

I got my copy of Bioshock Infinite on release for effectively $9.14 with tax by stacking rewards, credit card rewards, gift card deals, and an error on the stores part. Beat that! =) I was pumped because I pricematched Wipeout 2048 for $9.99 the same day. Such awesome deals. A day to be remembered.

Might have to check when I'm out tomorrow...but there seem to be some random clearancing errors going around.

Someone in the Target Clearance thread found the $80 premium edition for ps3 on clearance at $39.98, too...but when I checked, it was full price, and nobody else seems to have found it on clearance.

[quote name='MR_E']Might have to check when I'm out tomorrow...but there seem to be some random clearancing errors going around.

Someone in the Target Clearance thread found the $80 premium edition for ps3 on clearance at $39.98, too...but when I checked, it was full price, and nobody else seems to have found it on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Ah, forgot about that thread. Would've posted it there but its not stickied anymore :/

My Target doesn't even CARRY special editions it would seem :(

[quote name='thrifty1']I got my copy of Bioshock Infinite on release for effectively $9.14 with tax by stacking rewards, credit card rewards, gift card deals, and an error on the stores part. Beat that! =)[/QUOTE]
You joined with one of your first few posts being one of the most annoying types of posts on CAG.
Slow clap.

In hindsight I regret this post. Hearing about deals you can't get anymore is pretty much the worst thing to read on a deal site and I need you guys to be finding me more deals. Too late to delete since i've been quoted so I'll have to just make it up to you by posting any deals I find.

I CANT CONTAIN THE DEALS. mi scuzi.

You remind me of portal 2.

I think the best deals don't just happen overnight. they take months of planning. buying gift cards in advance. using the right credit card to get extra cash back. waiting for stuff to price drop. watching every store all the time. price matching.

You see deal hunting is kind of like poker. It takes a mix of patience and well timed aggression.

I will tell you my next move. My eye is on Sleeping Dogs at $25 in combination with a coupon to get it for $5. I've got so many games right now I don't even have time to play everything. Finding the deals is half the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']You joined with one of your first few posts being one of the most annoying types of posts on CAG.
Slow clap.[/QUOTE]

One clap also. You're right. Full clap for you :)

Dude. Go back there and pick me up a copy! (Seriously will DEF pay to have it shipped out - plus my birthday is coming up ^_^) My Target never has anything good :( Been looking for a $40 or less deal on the PS3 version of this.

I don't care if it's because it includes the original Bioshock or because it's PSMove compatible, Sony putting the "only on PlayStation" wording on their cover art is 100% bag-o-dicks.

Also: Target Clearance is possible YMMV? Inconceivable! File under Bragging Rights.

This entire thread reminds me of Portal 2 (?)

[quote name='Kerig']I don't care if it's because it includes the original Bioshock or because it's PSMove compatible, Sony putting the "only on PlayStation" wording on their cover art is 100% bag-o-dicks.

Also: Target Clearance is possible YMMV? Inconceivable! File under Bragging Rights.

This entire thread reminds me of Portal 2 (?)[/QUOTE]

It has a reversible cover anyways.

must be like when resident evil special edition went on clearance accidently which like lasted for 1 day then it was pulled off the clearance section and went back up to full price..coincidentally I was at my target today and checked the clearance section, which had no games at all lol.. soo it prob is YMMV :)

keep in mind bioshock 1 comes with infinite, and PSN+ users got bioshock 2 free a few months ago, this means potentially you can have every bioshock game for $32.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Hmmm... Nah ill pass... Maybe. PS3 needs some loving... Hard choice but I prefer the 360.[/QUOTE]

euro gamer says the ps3 version is better

Damn I was hoping no body would post this. I can verify that both Tomb Raider (w/steelbook) and Bioshock Infinite (also the Premium Edition) were clearanced at some Targets. The prices by me were at $42 and I was waiting for the $30 price to hit so I didn't want to post it and send out all the hoarders and flippers out that normally clean out my local targets. With both games being such highly reviewed I feel like most people will still buy them at the $42 price so that's another reason I didn't want to post it on CAG.

Now that it's posted I guess I going to be forced to hit up a bunch of Targets early tomorrow in hopes of getting the sweet $30 price.

What a score! My super target will never do anything like that..Last i checked they had mlb 2k12 and some ds games..

You got lucky good sir..I wont buy it untill that price 6 months later from now :D I enjoyed the 1 hour trial from ps store. The metal arm melee is sick. One hour goes too fast.

Any west coast CAGs want to call their Targets before closing to see if this is anywhere else at all? I'm calling my store first thing in the morning because this is quite the deal...

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Any west coast CAGs want to call their Targets before closing to see if this is anywhere else at all? I'm calling my store first thing in the morning because this is quite the deal...[/QUOTE]

First rule is do not call

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Any west coast CAGs want to call their Targets before closing to see if this is anywhere else at all? I'm calling my store first thing in the morning because this is quite the deal...[/QUOTE]
Just go to the store, don't call.

EDIT: Looks like Wario beat me to it, while I had this window responding to a PM :D

This has happened a few times recently where Target's system borks up and puts a new release on clearance. Asura's Wrath, Resident Evil: ORC Special Edition, and Tiger Woods '13 Masters Edition off the top of my head.

Two things: It is YMMV, and they WILL fix it within a few days.

[quote name='Kerig']I don't care if it's because it includes the original Bioshock or because it's PSMove compatible, Sony putting the "only on PlayStation" wording on their cover art is 100% bag-o-dicks.[/QUOTE]

That is really weird. Should have said Exclusive Content Only on PS3, like below. It's definitely a little bit misleading.

lanoire-ps3.jpg

for Target clearance (and other places I guess), would the clearance price show up if the game is scanned (or dcpi typed in) at a scanner?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']for Target clearance (and other places I guess), would the clearance price show up if the game is scanned (or dcpi typed in) at a scanner?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='Vigilante']And it is soooo much better than the normal cover. :drool:[/QUOTE]

It looks terrible against the 360's green case IMO. I opened up the case, saw the art through the plastic, pulled it out and thought the art looked great, and then big disappointment when I slide it back onto the case. If I was the type that obsessed over this kind of thing I'd probably think about putting it in a different DVD case, realize it wouldn't look right with the rest of my green 360 games, flip it back to the original art, and then stare at it out of resentment.

bread's done
Back