[DEAD] SimCity (PC/Mac Download) $31.99 at GameFly

It still has bugs, by everything I've read. Regional sharing still doesn't update properly making the small cities that rely on regional resources to function properly still unreliable. Also, Cheetah mode still isn't turned back on yet, last time I checked.

I'm still waiting for all of the bugs to finish being dealt with to even consider picking it up. The always online DRM doesn't help much.

Also, it was recently $20 with the purchase of $15 of Dove Men's Plus Care products on Amazon for a boxed copy. Was ~$32 after coupons for Dove products.

First time in about about 5 years I felt a game was a true waste of my money when I paid $45, even with the free game offered.

Always online was never a problem for me on my time playing it. The problem for me was the total crap AI.

I stopped playing the game about 3 weeks ago. I don't think patches will fix this, this needs to be done from the ground up.

[quote name='Necrotron']It still has bugs, by everything I've read. Regional sharing still doesn't update properly making the small cities that rely on regional resources to function properly still unreliable. Also, Cheetah mode still isn't turned back on yet, last time I checked.

I'm still waiting for all of the bugs to finish being dealt with to even consider picking it up. The always online DRM doesn't help much.

Also, it was recently $20 with the purchase of $15 of Dove Men's Plus Care products on Amazon for a boxed copy. Was ~$32 after coupons for Dove products.[/QUOTE]
But the EA exec responded saying the online requirement is by no means a DRM measure, and he was adamant about it. An EA exec won't lie to gamers, now would they?

[quote name='person123']Coupon - GFDAPR20

Works with SimCity bringing total to $31.99[/QUOTE]

I think I just might bite for $31. Thanks man, updated the OP too.

The first week for me it was unplayable. After the second week, I never wanted to play it again.

Buy Tropico 4 instead.

[quote name='argyle']The first week for me it was unplayable. After the second week, I never wanted to play it again.

Buy Tropico 4 instead.[/QUOTE]

The Tropico games are a lot of fun--unlike this mess of a game. I am so disappointed by how broken the AI is and the small size of the cities.

They've gotten it to the point where it's not a piece of garbage, but it's a mediocre game at best. With some major changes to the AI, it could move up to pretty good.

This is too much to pay for the game in its current state.

@gamer gave SimCity 4.5/5 with only Bioshock and Need For Speed getting higher overall ratings in April's mag.

... and they wonder why subscribers dont take that magazine seriously.

This game is completely broken, as in, everything in the game does not work properly. You don't need Commercial or Industrual so the RCI is completely broken. They add ghost sims to make your cities look larger than they actually are. You have extremely limited land to build anything. The AI in the game is horrible, they will always go in the first house they see, and work at the first job they see. The advertisement for the game that everyone is "simulated" is a complete lie and this leads to far-bigger issues like traffic issues for no reason.

Many parts of the game are completely broken as well, and once they break in your city, you cant fix it and are forced to start over. Yes, game-breaking bugs still exist. As well, since it's always online, you can't test things out beforehand like creating a disaster then reverting back to a save is impossible. Most of the multi-player "features" are broken, as the cities in the region don't sync properly. Many cities in regions have long been abandoned and you can't get rid of them on top of the fact it's extremely hard and time-consuming to find an active, open region in the first place. Their first DLC was nothing but a paid advertisement as well so not only did you get a buggy broken game, they are forcing advertisements on you too!

Even IF you get past all that, it's quite common for your city to get rolled back and you lose everything through no fault of your own because their servers, a month in, still are not working properly. So not only is the entire game a buggy, broken pile of :hot::hot::hot:, there's still a high likelihood everything you do will get erased anyway.

I pity anyone who actually purchases this game, it should be in the 99 cent bargain bin soon because that's about all it is worth. There's a reason EA just won worst company in the country from Consumerist for the 2nd year in a row...........

From one CAG brother to another, save yourself the disappointment and do not waste your money. You can take that $30 and flush it down the toilet. It would be about the same in regards to enjoyment and fulfillment with playing this scam of a game.

how is Tropico 4 anyway? is it easy to get into? like beginning friendly, because i always wanted to try out that game.

[quote name='jazyje']I'll pay $5 for this game, and not a penny more.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fair to me, if the game doesn't get "always online" DRM patched-out.

[quote name='YBX87']how is Tropico 4 anyway? is it easy to get into? like beginning friendly, because i always wanted to try out that game.[/QUOTE]

I have not played Tropico 4 yet, only Tropico 3, but from what I've heard it is largely the same. Anyway, it is pretty easy to get into if you have any sort of interest in strategy or management games. Be prepared to have hours of your time seemingly disappear!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I've never witness a game receive so much hate.

I enjoyed it.. and still am enjoying it... but I guess I'm in the minority.[/QUOTE]

Just a bunch of sheep who get their kicks for following a popular thing to do. If they only knew how much work is put into developing something and guess what, these companies are not building stuff a certain way to screw around with customers.

[quote name='strikeratt']I also enjoy it ... but you know, I actually own the game[/QUOTE]

I love this game. Glad it's not just me.

Also, the Mac version isn't out until June, so that could be misleading people into technically "pre-ordering" that version.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I love this game. Glad it's not just me.

Also, the Mac version isn't out until June, so that could be misleading people into technically "pre-ordering" that version.[/QUOTE]

I bought it because of this deal and I'm really enjoying it. Although, the cities are way too small. I understand their whole regions thing and sharing resources and what not, but I really wish we could create a massive city. Maybe in a free update.........maybe........oh who am I kidding it's EA.

$31 isn't bad at all, I don't regret it.

bread's done
Back