List of all free Windows 8 Store Xbox games | Added Tiny Troopers

EarthBoundX5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
So I think we need a Windows 8 Store free Xbox games thread. These games are all Xbox Live compatible, and each have their own set of achievements just like any Xbox 360 or Windows Phone 7/8 Xbox games.

List of Free Xbox Games
Adera (Episode 1 is free, each subsequent episode available via in-app purchase)

Age of Empires: Castle Siege
AlphaJax

Asphalt 8: Airborne

Asphalt Overdrive

Cut The Rope [Additional levels via in-app purchases]
Disney Infinity: Toy Box

Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Endless Skater

FIFA 14

FIFA 15: UT
Hexic

Hungry Shark Evolution
Jetpack Joyride

Kinectimals Unleashed

Kingdoms & Lords
Microsoft Bingo

Microsoft Jackpot

Microsoft Jigsaw
Microsoft Mahjong
Microsoft Minesweeper

Microsoft Sudoku
Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Microsoft Treasure Hunt

Monsters Love Candy

Order & Chaos Online
Pinball FX2 [Same deal as with the Xbox 360, tables are in-app purchased DLC, Comes with Mars table]
Project Spark [requires beta key]

Puzzle by Nikoli X Sudoku [Trial PERIOD = Full Version]

Samurai vs Zombies Defense

Secrets And Treasure: The Lost Cities
Shuffle Party
Six-Guns

Snap Attack
Taptiles
Team Crossword

Tentacles: Enter the Mind

Tiny Troopers *NEW 05/01*

Total Conquest
Throne Together
UNO & Friends
Wordament

World at Arms

WSOP: Full House Pro

Free Outside US [How To Change Region - This does not appear to violate the ToU; but as usual, proceed at own risk]

Microsoft Number Puzzle (Japan) (Microsoft Sudoku)

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ for Toshiba (region New Zealand, Australia) [requires a Toshiba computer, is only trial, full game unlock via in-app purchase, separate achievements]
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ for VAIO (region New Zealand, US) [requires a Sony Vaio computer, is only trial, full game unlock via in-app purchase, separate achievements]

Zoo Tycoon Friends (Trinidad and Tobago)

[customspoiler=Previously Free]

Disney The Little Mermaid Undersea Treasures [Delisted]
Crash Course Go! [Trial used to = Full Version]
Fruit Ninja [Free via Windows Consumer Preview]

Glacier Blast [Delisted]
Gravity Guy [Was free for limited time from ~4/9-23/2013]

The Gunstringer: Dead Man Running [Delisted]
iStunt 2 [Was free for limited time from ~4/9-23/2013]
Monster Island [Was free for limited time from ~4/9-23/2013]

Rabbids Big Bang [Was free for limited time from ~4/24-5/1/2014]
[/customspoiler]

Microsoft Jigsaw

Related, Non-Xbox
Assassin's Creed Unity Companion

Atari: Game Over
Call of Duty (New "Elite" App)
Grand Theft Auto: iFruit

Halo Channel (New "Waypoint" App)
Titanfall Companion App

[customspoiler=Dead]
List of Free Xbox Games
Galactic Reign
Web Based
Wordament (Other Regions: UK)
[/customspoiler]

Link to Sales Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']may want to note only some levels are free for Cut The Rope. Unless they changed that.

Nice topic though. Few I missed.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, thanks, I forgot about that; added the notation.

I did not notice that Samurai vs Zombies was a free windows game, had them all other then that and the three Miniclip ones, thanks for posting! Also, noticed that they have Shuffle Party up on Windows 8 now for free as well.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I did not notice that Samurai vs Zombies was a free windows game, had them all other then that and the three Miniclip ones, thanks for posting! Also, noticed that they have Shuffle Party up on Windows 8 now for free as well.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think Samurai vs Zombies maybe released recently, as I hadn't noticed until I made this thread. And thanks for mentioning Shuffle Party, I had saw the ad, but didn't notice it was an "Xbox" game.

Nice thread! I amazingly have them all that are currently free, but didnt know about only a few levels are free on Cut the Rope so it's great to have it pointed out. Also love the "Previously Free" section to see what I missed out on. Good job!

[quote name='Darklurkr23']wish you could play these online I don't have a windows phone :([/QUOTE]
Not for phones; this is for Windows 8 PCs and tablets.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']can I download these to a Win 8 laptop?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they are just in the Windows Marketplace Store, can just search for them to find them as well.

[quote name='FareFan']Not for phones; this is for Windows 8 PCs and tablets.[/QUOTE]

Fragger, Gravity Guy, iStunt 2 and Monster Island are free on the Windows Phone Store as well.

So let me get this straight. They have begun calling games for Windows 8 tablets and computers "Xbox" games? Something doesn't seem right here.

[quote name='drysushi']So let me get this straight. They have begun calling games for Windows 8 tablets and computers "Xbox" games? Something doesn't seem right here.[/QUOTE]
It's their new branding. Pretty shit IMO.

It's an easy way for them to make money off all the people who care about having big achievement scores as the Xbox moniker means it has achievements that tie to your Xbox account.

[quote name='Manifest95']Nice thread! I amazingly have them all that are currently free, but didnt know about only a few levels are free on Cut the Rope so it's great to have it pointed out. Also love the "Previously Free" section to see what I missed out on. Good job![/QUOTE]
[quote name='thane_of_the_shadow']Awesome. Great idea for the thread! I didn't have some of these. Thanks![/QUOTE]
[quote name='lazyNeighbour']Great thread, thank You![/QUOTE]
Thanks, glad this thread wasn't a waste/bad idea!

[quote name='slow']Great topic. I'll install Windows 8 in my laptop soon.[/QUOTE]
Do it! I was very skeptical about Windows 8, but that Media Center fiasco made me jump on it faster, and I've never looked back. It was a huge improvement and I've really gotten accustomed to the new changed...albeit somethings are pretty annoying, overall its an improvement.

[quote name='Jotamide']It's their new branding. Pretty shit IMO.[/QUOTE]
Makes me long for GFWL, lol

[quote name='Owen']It's an easy way for them to make money off all the people who care about having big achievement scores as the Xbox moniker means it has achievements that tie to your Xbox account.[/QUOTE]
I find it ironic you say this, as the main point of this thread is pointing out the free games...:lol:

Thanks for compiling the list - I have all of the current ones, but missed out on the previously free ones.

Also, I think Pinball FX2 comes w/1 free table doesn't it? I truthfully haven't checked it out yet, but I thought that is what I read.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']is there a windows 8 deal thread yet? if not may be cool to turn this thread into one. if there is my bad.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I actually made a sale thread the day before this one...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341436

There is also a link the the OP

[quote name='ilRadd']Also, I think Pinball FX2 comes w/1 free table doesn't it? I truthfully haven't checked it out yet, but I thought that is what I read.[/QUOTE]
I thought so too, will check and update OP info

EDIT: It comes with Mars by default included with it

EDIT 2: Just because I can, I added the only web based game with achievements...hey, it runs on Windows 8 :lol:

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Doritos Crash Course Go is technically free for now anyways. Download the trial and its the full game with achievements and all.[/QUOTE]

Verified, updated OP with the information;...wonder if any other games have this workaround?

there was similar thing with Rocket Riot, but they probably fixed it. I wonder for how long we will be able to get achievements in trial version. I don't want to start the game and later won't be able to finish it without buying

[quote name='lazyNeighbour']there was similar thing with Rocket Riot, but they probably fixed it.[/QUOTE]
Will look into it...
EDIT: I've had no luck, so its assumed to be fixed...

[quote name='AdyCarter']UK Trial of Crash Course fails to download so I guess they're on it..[/QUOTE]
I'd be surprised if its been fixed that quickly...I doubt its a priority. I mean the game is set at the bare minimum price for Windows 8 Store, and its just a rehash of a free game. Hell, devs probably knew well what they were doing when they let such an exploit exist

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']
I'd be surprised if its been fixed that quickly...I doubt its a priority. I mean the game is set at the bare minimum price for Windows 8 Store, and its just a rehash of a free game. Hell, devs probably knew well what they were doing when they let such an exploit exist[/QUOTE]

EU Win8 store now no longer shows a trial, it did earlier (although the trial download would error)

[quote name='AdyCarter']EU Win8 store now no longer shows a trial, it did earlier (although the trial download would error)[/QUOTE]
I just verified this on the US store...appears to have disappeared from what I can see as well...I made a note, hopefully more people can confirm its removal...really strange if its been removed that fast....

EDIT: Found more discussion on this...seems like its correct in saying the Trial is gone and will be fixed...

Was going to post about Team Crossword, but you beat me to it!

Wonder why this thread was way back on page 3?

Also, Team Crossword is free for a limited time, so grab it now.

Iv picked up Endless Skater (WIn8) yesterday for free , Dont know how long this is going to be :s
While free, it is one of those games that you have to play for many hours to unlock tricks / stats and has ads, while there is a option to unlock with real money. It seems heavily pay2win.

To play anything other than the first level, you need to pay with cash.

Was going to post about Team Crossword, but you beat me to it!

Wonder why this thread was way back on page 3?

Also, Team Crossword is free for a limited time, so grab it now.
This thread was way back there because there hasn't been many free XBLA Windows 8 games, lol. And Can you provide a source that says TC is limited time?

Iv picked up Endless Skater (WIn8) yesterday for free , Dont know how long this is going to be :s
Sorry for the late posting of this, my whole city and most suburbs were without power from a major storm over the weekend. Anyways, updated!

This thread was way back there because there hasn't been many free XBLA Windows 8 games, lol. And Can you provide a source that says TC is limited time?
Well, I thought it was listed that way on the PlayXBLA blog, but after checking now, it says "absolutely free" - not sure if it was changed or if I just misread it. Either way, sorry for the mix-up.

Zombie HQ is free.

It has ingame purchases but I have been playing for two hours or so and have not had to purchase anything you can't get from playing ingame. You may have to wait awhile early on to 'recharge' but it only takes 5-15 mins, great way to have a break from the game.

Fun little dual stick (without the second stick haha, it auto locks on) zombie shooter, highly recommend it.

Zombie HQ is free.

It has ingame purchases but I have been playing for two hours or so and have not had to purchase anything you can't get from playing ingame. You may have to wait awhile early on to 'recharge' but it only takes 5-15 mins, great way to have a break from the game.

Fun little dual stick (without the second stick haha, it auto locks on) zombie shooter, highly recommend it.
Thanks for the info, added to OP!

EDIT: Removed, didn't noticed it wasn't an "Xbox" game. Thanks anyways for posting.

bread's done
Back