Vita buying advice

JCally

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on a Vita. I have a nice collection of games already from PS Plus and will pick up MLB The Show 13 with it. I haven't seen any real deals, best I've found is the Call of Duty bundle at Amazon for $249.99. I have no interest in the game but it's only $2 more than the vanilla console.

That said is there any reason not to get the bundle? Also I'm guessing just bite the bullet and get the 32gb memory card? Shelling out the money for the card has been my hesitation. Any better deals I'm not seeing?

[quote name='JCally']So I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on a Vita. I have a nice collection of games already from PS Plus and will pick up MLB The Show 13 with it. I haven't seen any real deals, best I've found is the Call of Duty bundle at Amazon for $249.99. I have no interest in the game but it's only $2 more than the vanilla console.

That said is there any reason not to get the bundle? Also I'm guessing just bite the bullet and get the 32gb memory card? Shelling out the money for the card has been my hesitation. Any better deals I'm not seeing?[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy had all the bundles (Madden, Black Ops, Assassin's Creed) at $239.99 which is a savings of only $10 off MSRP but not a bad deal.

I have both the black launch 3G console and the white AC wifi console and I prefer the look of the white console overall but I think the screen projects better on the black console.

Either way 3G is a dud so don't buy a 3G console unless it is on clearance or you can find a FEB (First Edition Bundle) bundle for cheap.

It used to be pretty routine for retailers to have anywhere from a $20 - $50 value in the form of a gift card added into these bundles but I haven't seen anything lately.

If you are a PS+ member I would absolutely suggest paying for a 32GB memory card. If not and you don't plan on downloading much I would suggest waiting until they drop the price on the memory cards or a good deal comes by. You could most likely survive on 16GB and if your best buy has any they would be just $29.99 (Not sure why as that is the MSRP for the 8GB but they have been marked at that price for almost 3 weeks now---unless it was fixed recently).

I don't know if you are into used consoles but a lot of people have mentioned getting some pretty cheap Vitas at cowboom.com. Somewhere in the $130 range. I would look for the cowboom thread in the deals forum. Personally I haven't bought one and not sure I'd buy used but it is a pretty cheap option. I'd go for the 32GB card. I shelled out the $$$ at launch and haven't looked back. I like having a bunch of games on the system in addition to the cards.

Thanks for the advice you guys! I checked out cowboom, but I'm just not sure. However I thought to check Target and they have the Lego Batman 2 bundle for $224.99. I'm liking the price and will probably play that game some. I'll definitely go with the 32 gb card also.

bread's done
Back