Skylanders White 360 Bundle $150 - Walmart (YMMV)

I believe it was $150 on BF. Not a bad deal but the original skylanders starter is all but worthless unless you have an interest in playing the game.

[quote name='slidecage']wasnt this 99 bucks black friday[/QUOTE]

150 then they jacked it up
hope its not ymmv because i was talking about getting one.. will check lunch break tomorrow

[quote name='etcrane']I believe it was $150 on BF. Not a bad deal but the original skylanders starter is all but worthless unless you have an interest in playing the game.[/QUOTE]

It was 149.99 BF Walmart. I bought one then sold the Skylanders pack on ebay for 50. The starter pack comes with just a brown cardboard box not the retail box that they sell. Nonetheless if you have a HD this is not a bad deal.

Just got back and the only Wal Mart within 50 miles from me that supposedly had some in stock didn't have any so I was pretty bummed out.

I tried price matching again and it worked. I hope you guys get this to work also. Here's what I said.

To:
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:02:48 -0500
Subject: Other [Incident: ]

ImageProxy.mvc

Hello Peter,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the Skylanders price match.

We are happy to inform you that we will be more than happy to issue a price adjustment for the product. Please place your order and reply to this email requesting the price adjustment of $29.96. Your satisfaction is our number one priority.

Peter, if you have additional questions, please reply to this email. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care

Original Message Follows ------------------------- 04/11/2013 11:47 AM from you:

Hi,

I know it's the same item but I haven't purchased it yet because I did not know if you would price match it or not. Unfortunately the picture I have sent you guys is the only evidence of the item being sold for $150 at a Walmart, so I don't know if you will still honor it =/

Thanks,

Peter B.

To:
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:17:04 -0500

------------------------- 04/11/2013 11:17 AM from Walmart Customer Care:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding get a price match.

We are writing to let you know that we can process the price match if the item is the same as the online store, if is the same model and if you claim it between 7 days since your order was placed it .

Peter, if we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM CT, Saturday and Sunday.

Sincerely,

------------------------- 04/11/2013 01:30 AM from you:

I was wondering, do you price match your own store? I ask this because there are some walmarts that are selling the Xbox 360 4GB Console w/ Skylanders Starter Kit and Exclusive Gill Grunt Character for $150.00. Here is a picture

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHhgvQGCYAIijjo.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, one of the stores i went to after black friday had about 30 of these left over. i wonder if they will cut the discount more because im pretty sure they just put them all in the cases and locked up in back

I emailed Walmart CS to see if they can price match it to my local store and they had asked me to reply with the store information where the item is on sale so they can evaluate the price adjustment.

So TC, which store did you snap this pic from? City, state? Store number would be the best info.

Thanks so much.:applause:

[quote name='s1ark5']I emailed Walmart CS to see if they can price match it to my local store and they had asked me to reply with the store information where the item is on sale so they can evaluate the price adjustment.

So TC, which store did you snap this pic from? City, state? Store number would be the best info.

Thanks so much.:applause:[/QUOTE]

You should just try purchasing it online and then asking them to price match it. That's what I did and it went through fine. They didn't even ask what store it was because in my email I just provided them the picture and they were fine with that...but I guess it will be different for each customer service representative.

[quote name='darkhado666']You should just try purchasing it online and then asking them to price match it. That's what I did and it went through fine. They didn't even ask what store it was because in my email I just provided them the picture and they were fine with that...but I guess it will be different for each customer service representative.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Hopefully it works.

Well, after some deliberation with Wal-Mart's email support, I did get them to PM the Skylanders 360.

Me: 04/12/2013 07:06 AM from Matt:
Can you price match this for me?

This is the same bundle as the one as you guys offer online (Xbox 360 4GB Console w/ Skylanders Starter Kit and Exclusive Gill Grunt Character), and I found it for $150 at my local store.

Here's a picture of it: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHhgvQGCYAIijjo.jpg:large

Wal-Mart Email: 04/12/2013 01:00 PM from Walmart Customer Care:
Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding a price match for the (Xbox 360 4GB Console w/ Skylanders Starter Kit and Exclusive Gill Grunt Character)

We are glad to inform you that at Walmart.com our goal is to offer you Every Day Low Prices on our wide assortment of merchandise, with added savings on some items that carry the "Rollback" symbol. We strive to make our prices highly competitive with the lowest prices you'll find. However, we do not price match other online or store retailers.

Walmart.com will adjust prices to match local Walmart stores. When the items are in "Clearance" offer, we are unable to process a price adjustment. We are always reviewing our prices to make sure that we are serving you with great values, every day.

Matt, if we have not fully answered your question, you may call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday and Sunday.

Sincerely,
Your Walmart.com Customer Care Team

Me: 04/12/2013 01:12 PM from Matt:
It seems a bit unfair to me that some people in my local Wal-Mart are paying less for a product that I'm trying to order online. I would really like to get this Xbox 360, but the 179.xx price range is what puts me off from it.

Could you please make an exception?

Wal-Mart Email: 04/12/2013 01:25 PM from Walmart Customer Care:
Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your adjustment request.

Ok, we will make an exception. Please provide us with the order number so we can issue the adjustment for the Xbox.

Matt, we appreciate your business and look forward to help you.

Sincerely,

Me: 04/13/2013 05:26 AM from you:
The order number is [redacted].

Thank you for allowing me this exception.

Wal-Mart Email: 04/14/2013 01:09 AM from Walmart Customer Care:

Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your price match request. We are glad to look into this matter for you.

According to our records, the order #[redacted] is a "Pick Up Today" order and with this kind of service, the items are selected from the store inventory not from our Warehouse. So, we cannot issue adjustments for this kind of orders. We recommend you to request the adjustment for this order at the store you selected:

Walmart Supercenter #[redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]

Please, call them at [redacted] and request them this adjustment.
Matt, we thank you for your understanding and look forward to helping you. If you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Me: 04/14/2013 10:12 AM from Matt (you):
You did not state whether it had to be a Pick Up Today order or through the actual web site.

Wal-Mart Email: 04/14/2013 1:20 PM from Walmart Customer Care:
Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding a Rollback price adjustment to the Pick Up Today order. We will be glad to assist you with this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Although, your request for a Rollback price adjustment does not meets the necessary criteria for an adjustment, as a one time courtesy, we have refunded your account in the amount of $32.25. The refund has been issued to your original method of payment. You should see the credit no later than your next billing cycle.

Matt, if we have not fully answered your question or you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

So yeah, they did try to mess up the order twice, but I think it was worth it.

Here's some pictures of it:

Is anyone adding the three year warranty on this Xbox? It's $19. I'm seriously considering it though. I have some gift cards to burn.

Edit: Where's the best place to sell Skylanders? I have zero interest in it.

Ordered one, and I sent the email about the price adjustment. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is anyone adding the three year warranty on this Xbox? It's $19. I'm seriously considering it though. I have some gift cards to burn.

Edit: Where's the best place to sell Skylanders? I have zero interest in it.

Ordered one, and I sent the email about the price adjustment. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother adding the warranty.

I'm gonna try and sell this Starter Pack that comes with it on CL. With the special green version of one of the figures, it's worth around $55-60.

[quote name='mxtt']I didn't bother adding the warranty.

I'm gonna try and sell this Starter Pack that comes with it on CL. With the special green version of one of the figures, it's worth around $55-60.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll go the same route if they do the price adjustment for me. Anyone know how long it takes for CS to respond?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks, I'll go the same route if they do the price adjustment for me. Anyone know how long it takes for CS to respond?[/QUOTE]

From my email logs, it took them 2 days.

You may get a nicer rep and have it take only 1 day, though.

[quote name='mxtt']From my email logs, it took them 2 days.

You may get a nicer rep and have it take only 1 day, though.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. If they don't do it initially. I'll just cancel the order I guess. I currently have a Slim and 120GB Elite that are in perfect working condition. I just wanted to get rid of those two gift cards that I had. I hardly buy from Walmart.

Edit: And like that they sent me an email stating they would adjust the price for me! Awesome! Thanks again!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Fair enough. If they don't do it initially. I'll just cancel the order I guess. I currently have a Slim and 120GB Elite that are in perfect working condition. I just wanted to get rid of those two gift cards that I had. I hardly buy from Walmart.

Edit: And like that they sent me an email stating they would adjust the price for me! Awesome! Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Congrats, bro. :applause:

Anyway I can get a location on the wal mart that had them on clearance? I'm trying my local one and they are adamant that it is 179.99 at all stores.

[quote name='mxtt']Congrats, bro. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The best way to get the adjustment is to to order the bundle online, and shoot CS an email. Many of us have been successful doing that. It's the best way. I'm going to wait until I see the refund on my account before I pick it up.

[quote name='darkhado666']Got the refund and the bundle came in today :)[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to get the refund from the day you sent the initial email?

[quote name='bige562']How long did it take you to get the refund from the day you sent the initial email?[/QUOTE]

Didn't get the refund yet but this is what I'm looking at when I look at the invoice.

It shows I ordered it on 4/12
My bank account shows they charged me on 4/15
The email they sent me about the price match said once they charge me I can see the refund within 3 or more business days...so I hope to see the refund on the 18th then.

I went ahead and ordered one, shot an email to CS let's see what happens.

Edit: Just got an email from CS and they have refunded me the difference. Thanks OP!!!

I tried to do pm online but the cs said he contacted my local wm and that the price was 180 so they couldn't pm. What do you guys suggest I do now.

They already posted the refund on my account so I'm going to pick up my console later in the week.

@Saiyajinsc, I would shoot them another email. You could order the bundle, and then state your case. I simply stated, I purchased the item, and I noticed the in store price was cheaper. I didn't want to have two charges on account etc. That's what I did.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They already posted the refund on my account so I'm going to pick up my console later in the week.

@Saiyajinsc, I would shoot them another email. You could order the bundle, and then state your case. I simply stated, I purchased the item, and I noticed the in store price was cheaper. I didn't want to have two charges on account etc. That's what I did.[/QUOTE]

I already ordered the item online then requested the pm afterwards. I emailed them with a link of the pic but the guy refused to pm me bc he said my local wm is selling it for 180.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I already ordered the item online then requested the pm afterwards. I emailed them with a link of the pic but the guy refused to pm me bc he said my local wm is selling it for 180.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and they have already posted the refund to my PayPal account. Seems its becoming very YMMV.

[quote name='iiSaviour']So can I just show the picture and get Walmart to price match or what?[/QUOTE]

No. They are buying online $179.99 and sending an e-mail to Walmart CS asking to PM the pic. If the answer is positive, you will receive 29.99 back.

[]'s

bread's done
Back