Making it illegal to shed light on animal cruelty in U.S. — you're kidding, right?

The government trying to hide something that sheds light on something that all people should know? All I can do is *smh*,

I like it when they send the bolt through the cow's head, cut it up and ship it to my fat ass, but I could do without the times where they kick a pig in the neck.

[quote name='whoknows']You can't be cruel to something that doesn't have feelings.

That's all animals are, things.[/QUOTE]
So in other words, I could beat the crap out of you and it wouldn't be cruel?

[quote name='ID2006']So, several states want to make it illegal for activists, journalists, etc. to record/report on acts of animal cruelty in farms and such.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/08/6_states_that_might_criminalize_taping_animal_cruelty_partner/

Honestly, this is just sick. Even on the principle of government and agri lobbyists colluding against such reporting, it's pretty messed up I think.[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous. The fact they have the nerve to try and push through such a thing is the most shocking part

[quote name='whoknows']You can't be cruel to something that doesn't have feelings.

Surely the most stupid thing ever written on this forum

This is sickening and somehow not surprising considering the laws passed in favor of corporations like Monsanto. I won't be surprised if a law was passed preventing companies from being sued for involuntary mansalughter, or voluntary for that matter.

They already allow our food supply to be tainted with god knows what, and it's now going to be a crime to whistleblow these injustices? Ugh...

The law here basically makes it a crime if the evidence isn't turned over within 24 hours. That doesn't sound like a big deal, and they're trying to frame it as actually helping law enforcement, but that's bullshit. It can take a while to collect a good amount of evidence, 24 hours isn't always enough.

I heard about this and remember hearing the big investigator on these types of cases talk on "Democracy Now". Basically in all the states that have passed this he no longer does these investigations for the fear of prosecution.
Sad that these pieces of human trash are having laws passed in their favor, to cover their disgusting actions.

is it illegal to "shed light on animal cruelty" or is it illegal to infiltrate a business posing as an employee to "shed light on animal cruelty"?

I think businesses should be protected against persons belonging to special interests groups who apply for a job for the SOLE reason of trying to cause harm to the business.

Huh? So Donnie Brasco would be guilty of a crime...

Oh wait, that's wrong, because he was working for the GOV'T .....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we all know gov't never have a "special interest"

Yup, I am no fan of our current HYPOCRISY ;)

[quote name='pyschonerd']Surely the most stupid thing ever written on this forum[/QUOTE]

You're new to Vs., aren't you? Haa haa.

1/10

Didn't troll me.

bread's done
Back