Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If this goes up on Amazon, I'd like to just get it there. No way I'm bothering with the Namco Digital River store again.

Reminiscence of the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

Digital River= Fail

Worry not... You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America.

Speaking of the Namco store, I had the Wizards edition of Ni No Kuni in my cart and it said it was in stock and ready to ship so I just placed an order for the heck of it. I wonder if I'll actually get one.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Reminiscence of the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

Digital River= Fail

Worry not... You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America.[/QUOTE]
gamestop is a sure bet , since they actually carry these niche games.

Not sure how I feel about these extras... the figure (though it is probably a statue) looks nice but the selections CD and tiny artbook are kinda weak. The $100 pricetag isn't unusual but it's not the most tempting price either.

Still, if Amazon or GS has it, I'll be interested.

Based on the fact it mentions “participating retailers”, it sounds like it won't just be a Namco Store exclusive this time around (betting Amazon &/or GameStop at the least). Sounds like they heard the complaints from when Ni no Kuni's LE wasn't available anywhere else.

Gonna have to decide on this later. For $40 more, that's a rather nice figurine (I'm not one for buying those, but when they're pre-order or Limited/Collector's Edition bonuses, count me in), plus the 100-page artbook & CD (wonder how many tracks are on it) are nice additions as well. Really should get back to Tales of Vesperia someday, though. I'll give it some consideration, though I should probably beat Vesperia first (not to mention I wanna get Graces f).

I'm sure Gamestop and Amazon will, I agree.

Play Canada is a sure bet for about 700.

Newegg 50/50.

I think BB and Walmart, etc are very iffy.

I'll be getting it when they start taking pre-orders. The CE isn't in their system yet. The standard is, but they don't even have a release date on their website yet, which is weird. Usually release dates get into their system right away. Like an hour after official announcement. It's been a day or so since the release date.

Was sold at "Tales of"

Anyway I hope gamestop gets this. Good way to unload credit. Will probably be the only game this year where I'm willing to drop full msrp at launch.

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']21.5 cm (8.46 in.).[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the expensive PVC figure (that'll run you about $75), whereas this offer is for a lower quality smaller prize figure?

Pretty sure Namco mentioned wanting to bring the former over, I know other companies have done similar things.

[quote name='perdition(troy']you seriously came into the thread just for that? :baby:

i'm very excited for this game![/QUOTE]

That, and a morbid curiosity to see what weeabo shit comes with a JRPG CE these days.

[quote name='KJAZZ']Isn't that the expensive PVC figure (that'll run you about $75), whereas this offer is for a lower quality smaller prize figure?

Pretty sure Namco mentioned wanting to bring the former over, I know other companies have done similar things.[/QUOTE]
Good question. Most of the gaming sites are saying 21.5cm and the Bandai site has it at 21.5cm too. So, from the specs, it's the Alter figure, but the pics have it being the prize figure.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I'm sure Gamestop and Amazon will, I agree.

Play Canada is a sure bet for about 700.

Newegg 50/50.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the CE for Vesperia GameStop will only have it available online, that's how I had to order mine. Amazon will likely carry it too, I really can't remember what other retailers had the one for Veeperia, but I remember it being incredibly limited, so be sure to get your preorders in.

Oh man, I really want to support them bringing this over, and my Ni No Kuni preorder was 100% perfect, but I just have zero interest in the figure. Damn tempted for the artbook though...

Argh, so torn.

Well I guess europe is going to experience what happened to us with DR hopefully not.

I'm definitely interested in this hopefully amazon gets it :D

I'd like the art book probably but im no into collector editions or JRPGs but i'l probably pick this game up if it drops. Maybe i'l get ni no kuni when this come out

I'd already pre-ordered the regular one on Amazon when they first put it up. So I'm crossing my fingers for Amazon.

Tales of is one of the few series I'd buy on Day 1

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']Good question. Most of the gaming sites are saying 21.5cm and the Bandai site has it at 21.5cm too. So, from the specs, it's the Alter figure, but the pics have it being the prize figure.[/QUOTE]

I think the discrepancy is because the sites list the base as part of the height of the figure. Otherwise, the banpresto figure would be 18cm without the base.

http://1kuji.bpnavi.jp/item/489/2782/

I wish these collector's editions came with full soundtracks, especially since JRPG's are known for their soundtracks, but still going to pick this up.

Please be available for preorder on Amazon so I can snag a copy from the Warehouse after one is returned with a dent to the box.

[quote name='RCizzle65']I wish these collector's editions came with full soundtracks, especially since JRPG's are known for their soundtracks, but still going to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

Ive NEVER listened to any of the soundtracks that come with games. Its good background music but nothing I would choose to listen to.

Ill definitely be picking this up as soon as it goes on sale.

[quote name='musha666']Ive NEVER listened to any of the soundtracks that come with games. Its good background music but nothing I would choose to listen to.

Ill definitely be picking this up as soon as it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

The Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series have some fantastic music if you're into Jazz. Those are pretty much the only soundtracks I can actively listen to quite often. There are some others, but not that many are great.

Hmm...I got this already pre-ordered at Gamestop with about half way paid off. Might have to go for the upgrade to the the collector's edition.

Gamestop's website says August 6th for the regular edition, but has yet to list the collector's edition.

I hope Gamestop gets this version.

Please Amazon, the last and only thing I bought at GameStop in a long time was the walking dead limited edition last year. I can't stand GameStop.

Gamestop is fine if you get games on release. Otherwise, you risk gutted copies, but I don't see a problem picking this up at a GS

I have the regular pre-ordered already at GS. If they dont get this CE, I will cancel my existing pre-order. Otherwise I hope to upgrade my pre-order if and when this becomes available.

For a second there, I thought that this would be the Alter 1/8 Millia PVC. If it was, I would have pre-ordered in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Raye']For a second there, I thought that this would be the Alter 1/8 Millia PVC. If it was, I would have pre-ordered in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]
I would have ordered from Digital River. :cry:

bread's done
Back