Toys R Us 2 day sale GOW Ascension$39.99, KOA Reckoning, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs $19.99

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone. I searched for this and didnt see anything posted. If I overlooked, I apologize and this can be closed.

I stopped in Toys R Us on the way to work and saw a couple signs for a Friday-Saturday Sale

Sleeping Dogs on both systems was marked $19.99
:360: Sleeping Dogs
:ps3: Sleeping Dogs

God of War Ascension $39.99
:ps3: God of War Ascension

Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning $19.99
:ps3: KOA
:360: KOA

Hitman $19.99
:ps3: Hitman Absolution
:360: Hitman Absolution

Zelda $29.99
:wii: Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Also see Tomb Raider for ps3/360 $49.99
DMC ps3/360 $49.99

Batman Arkham City ps3/360 $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chunlirocks']My wife plays early to launch ps2 titles in just her panties[/QUOTE]

And I make 90k a year selling cream door to door. We still bragging here?

I can't ship to store either, ughhhh. I really want Sleeping Dogs cheap! lol I also saw that Hitman Absolution is on sale as well for $19.99.

[quote name='Datajack']Nope cant.[/QUOTE]
For which game? I see SD can be shipped to store, but haven't tried it yet.
nvm it does not have that option as selectable.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Time to pricematch at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

I'll do that. Anyone know if I use 15 dollars in reward certificates will still gave me points? It'll probably get down to $24 so will I get 24 points even if I use these certificates?

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Time to pricematch at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Which game are you talking about? If you bought GOW:A at Best Buy on release day, as of March 3rd Best Buy no longer offers post-purchase PMing to their competitors. You have to wait for Best Buy to actually drop the price if you want a PM.

If you're talking about Sleeping Dogs, then just disregard my message. :D

Everyone should submit a price match to Amazon. I've got $17 credit with Sleeping Dogs name on it. :) (if they match)

[quote name='shinnocturne']Sounds like my bite price, but has anybody heard anything about a goty edition coming out?[/QUOTE]
highly unlikely, the game fell below sales expectation by square enix.

[quote name='YBX87']highly unlikely, the game fell below sales expectation by square enix.[/QUOTE]

They might try a GOTY to help make some of that money back.

[quote name='bondgirl']I can't ship to store either, ughhhh. I really want Sleeping Dogs cheap! lol I also saw that Hitman Absolution is on sale as well for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

That was it thanks!

[quote name='neonon19s']
One other game but I dont remember it exactly so when I remember I will update![/QUOTE]

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, perhaps? It's currently the same price.

[quote name='NJMane']Everyone should submit a price match to Amazon. I've got $17 credit with Sleeping Dogs name on it. :) (if they match)[/QUOTE]
Waiting for oasisboy to say "just buy it at TRU" :cool:

Yeah I don't think amazon or BB would match the online only price since it says for clearance items. Placed an order for store pick up. Thank god you can use TRU shopkick GCs online.

[quote name='Dund3r']Which game are you talking about? If you bought GOW:A at Best Buy on release day, as of March 3rd Best Buy no longer offers post-purchase PMing to their competitors. You have to wait for Best Buy to actually drop the price if you want a PM.

If you're talking about Sleeping Dogs, then just disregard my message. :D[/QUOTE]
You scared me for a second there. He didn't say he own the game. You can still PM if you buy the game today.

Hitman absolution also $20. With 20% off if buy online.

The only problem is if best buy lower their price making buying there with the coupon cheaper...

Edit: They dont usually let you PM and use the coupon, they say your are double dipping.

Thanks, OP. Newegg could have had the sale, but they decided to jack up their price on Sleeping Dogs when they restocked. It's OK, Newegg - TRU was happy to take my money.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']God of War is a Black Friday buy for me. Not going to buy it above $25. It's just an overrated series.[/QUOTE]

Campaign sucks but MP is fun.

Did any one notice that most of the games getting price drops are square enix games (hitman, tombraider, kh3ddd) and now sleeping dogs? And if you are not aware the 2012 square enix member reward deadline is next week april 19. So is square pushing sales because of this? Hehe! I think so!

Does anyone think I could ever get this game New cheaper than $17.43(with tax)?
I am really tempted to do this but I do have Amazon credit.
I feel like this is the best deal I am gonna see.

[quote name='JohnnyCage']Has anyone got Amazon to match? I have a ton of credit and $20 are my buy it prices for Sleeping Dogs and Hitman.[/QUOTE]

Submit the price to Amazon. They may pricematch it if enough people make them aware of the TRU deal.

[quote name='zzamaro']I'll do that. Anyone know if I use 15 dollars in reward certificates will still gave me points? It'll probably get down to $24 so will I get 24 points even if I use these certificates?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, no. They'll give you points equivalent to the amount of actual cash spent.

[quote name='blazers29']Can I pricematch Sleeping Dogs at Best Buy and use the $20 off Gamer Magazine coupon?[/QUOTE]
Highly YMMV, especially for this "free" case.
No offense to you personally, but why this late into the GCU cycle we are still seeing this question every day, in GCU thread as well as non-GCU related threads...

EDIT: It's ready for in store pick up for me. TRU operates pretty fast for in store pick ups.

I was gonna get God of War but I think since I've seen how disappointing it is I might just wait. Summer sales are probably coming up soon.

Can everyone please submit Amazon the 360 price for Sleeping Dogs. I am trying to get them to match it like they did the PS3 version. I just had a chat with one of them and they wouldn't budge but told me to submit the lower price. I don't know what their problem is.

[quote name='Dund3r']Which game are you talking about? If you bought GOW:A at Best Buy on release day, as of March 3rd Best Buy no longer offers post-purchase PMing to their competitors. You have to wait for Best Buy to actually drop the price if you want a PM.

If you're talking about Sleeping Dogs, then just disregard my message. :D[/QUOTE]

I think they were referring to the ad or site matching at bestbuy, there is about 15 eligible websites they match.

I bought GOW at launch, had a $20 off coupon on eBay so bought it got $40. Not disappointed at all, single player is very good and about 12-14hrs long and MP is just awesome. I am surprised more media attention didn't FO towards that since its one of the most fun,frustrating and rewarding MP I have played in a long time.

Yes there is a learning curve but once you know what to do its awesome

BTW:

Hitman is great, it's not like old hitman games but I had a blast playing through the single player. Now if you like old school Hitman games than contract modes provide unlimited missions for you to enjoy

A very under rated game of this gen

4 very under rated games of this gen for me personally:

Yakuza3-4- dead souls
Binary domain
Spec ops the line
Hitman absolution

[quote name='showtimefolks']I bought GOW at launch, had a $20 off coupon on eBay so bought it got $40. Not disappointed at all, single player is very good and about 12-14hrs long and MP is just awesome. I am surprised more media attention didn't FO towards that since its one of the most fun,frustrating and rewarding MP I have played in a long time.

Yes there is a learning curve but once you know what to do its awesome

BTW:

Hitman is great, it's not like old hitman games but I had a blast playing through the single player. Now if you like old school Hitman games than contract modes provide unlimited missions for you to enjoy

A very under rated game of this gen

4 very under rated games of this gen for me personally:

Yakuza3-4- dead souls
Binary domain
Spec ops the line
Hitman absolution[/QUOTE]
are there any special code that you get in hitman absolution, when buying it new?

I know by definition you cannot price match and use the coupon from @Gamer, but I am curious if the system will let it happen or does it not work and flat out requires an override no matter what. I would like to get Hitman, but $10 is more my price but this got me thinking if the system prevents it or if most stores just know better.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I know by definition you cannot price match and use the coupon from @Gamer, but I am curious if the system will let it happen or does it not work and flat out requires an override no matter what. I would like to get Hitman, but $10 is more my price but this got me thinking if the system prevents it or if most stores just know better.[/QUOTE]
system rejects it, is either one or the another. you would need some type of manually override to change the price.

Damn, $17.XX and some change for Sleeping Dogs... very tempting. I sold it as I was halfway through the game, so I still need to finish it, and this is definitely in my price range. Bad thing is I know I won't play it as my console collects dust. Gah. Do want cheap game.

bread's done
Back