Twisted Metal & Max Payne 3 $19.99 @ Walmart

[quote name='Twitter']I bet you guys can still find the first prints of them. Mine had Max Payne 3 with free Max Payne voucher still.[/QUOTE]

Didn't that offer only run launch week though?

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Didn't that offer only run launch week though?[/QUOTE]

Yes I guess they didn't sell enough of the game to get 2nd prints.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I wouldn't mind Twisted Metal for $20, anyone know if the online is still active?[/QUOTE]

Yes both have online still but TM had terrible online when it came out so I'm scared to find out what it's like now. Good game though def. worth $20.

[quote name='Twitter']Yes both have online still but TM had terrible online when it came out so I'm scared to find out what it's like now. Good game though def. worth $20.[/QUOTE]

It's a ghost town. They fixed most of the game-breaking glitches and connectivity issues, but they had already lost 98% of the potential community by that point. The single-player campaign can also be completed in a day with all (three) characters. I would still say $20 is too high, but that's just me. Unless you plan on doing split-screen, I guess.

Max Payne 3 is an above-average third-person shooter. It's not a Max Payne game by any means. After beating the game, I'm not even entirely sure they didn't just change the main character's name to Max after they had already completed the game for a new IP, just so that they could call it a Max Payne sequel and make a few more bucks. $20 is a decent price for what it is though. If you like whack-a-mole third-person shooters.

[quote name='strait edge follower']as a twisted metal fanatic i hated this one so much sadly :([/QUOTE]

Man, I loved it! I traded in a whole bunch of games at BB just so I could get the LE w/ Twisted Metal Black included. :)

Max Payne 3 is an above-average third-person shooter. It's not a Max Payne game by any means. After beating the game, I'm not even entirely sure they didn't just change the main character's name to Max after they had already completed the game for a new IP, just so that they could call it a Max Payne sequel and make a few more bucks. $20 is a decent price for what it is though. If you like whack-a-mole third-person shooters.
Really? It seems pretty much exactly like a Max Payne game to me. The gunplay, the health system, even the bullet-time has the same sort of risk/reward system to it, but slightly modernized. Really the only significant difference is the cover mechanic, but that still doesn't really stray far from the original Max Payne's "peek-a-boo" style-shooting... only this time you just press a button instead of taking cover behind the previous room's wall. It is different thematically too, but that doesn't really have any bearing on the gameplay.

If you are not adverse to used games and a little patient, it seems like both of these titles go on sale quite a bit on Gamefly.

[quote name='strait edge follower']as a twisted metal fanatic i hated this one so much sadly :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Man, I loved it! I traded in a whole bunch of games at BB just so I could get the LE w/ Twisted Metal Black included. :)[/QUOTE]

I liked it as well. It's actually my favorite game in the series.

Twisted Metal has always been all about the gameplay, and while there have been the storylines in each of the games, they're only endings or character back stories/endings(Black.) Having fewer drivers really doesn't ruin the main reason to play the game.

There are some minor issues with the game in my opinion. There are a couple duplicate vehicles in the game that I would have much rather seen unique vehicles like Mr Slam and Twister in their place. Also single player challenge mode where you can set up your own custom matches has far less customization than offline multiplayer, so forget about doing any Nuke or Hunted on single player, plus the lack of many other options.

Aside from the minor issues this game has, if you don't take the online into account and consider this an offline only title(all the other Twisted Metal games are offline only at this point,) then the title is amazing. It includes four player splitscreen and if by some chance you know 16 people in person who own this title, you can play the game through LAN with up to 16 players. Maybe the developers knew the online sucked and thought ahead.

For those who still want to play the game online. Its always worked well once you got in a game, and you can finally get in a match on a regular basis.

[quote name='iamsmart']Really? It seems pretty much exactly like a Max Payne game to me. The gunplay, the health system, even the bullet-time has the same sort of risk/reward system to it, but slightly modernized. Really the only significant difference is the cover mechanic, but that still doesn't really stray far from the original Max Payne's "peek-a-boo" style-shooting... only this time you just press a button instead of taking cover behind the previous room's wall. It is different thematically too, but that doesn't really have any bearing on the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

They got the bullet-time right, but you absolutely have to use the magnetic cover system to survive in this game. You didn't have to in the originals if you were decent enough at it. I also didn't like the environments at all. It felt like a third-person Call of Duty game, except for the flashback scenes which felt much darker and sort of a throwback. Max's dialogue was great, but the bullet-time feature was the only thing Max Payne about it IMO.

bread's done
Back