Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - Standard Edition $20 with free shipping

[quote name='Konflictd']I think this is a deal. I've missed out on a couple of times this went on sale. NIS store is selling Ar tonelico Qoga for $20 plus tax with free shipping. Just be sure to click on to USPS shipping to make it free shipping.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar-tonelico-Qoga-Standard-Edition

Kinda wish they still had the premium edition since I've missed out on it.

any input on this game?[/QUOTE]

The battle system is more like a recent Tales game and not like the first two. Other than that the Dive system is basically the same. Story is along the same lines as the first two. I preferred the first two games over this one but there was no game breaking bugs like the second. Worth $20 for an JRPG fan.

Didn't beat it yet, but pretty mediocre

Pretty mediocre's an understatement.

Some of the characters were neat, but the Reyvateils in this one were just irritating for the most part. I'd say stay very far away from this one unless you're invested in the storyline and want to see how the trilogy concludes.

And combat's like an immensely watered down Tales game.

The only reason I can't totally hate on it is because MANLY COOKING.

..If you've played it you know what I'm talking about.

Not a huge fan of this one....and I quite like the series...even powered through the second to finish it quickly. This one I got bored of....esp the invention system....how slow can you go haha... If you're really aching for a PS3 rpg you could do worse but I found it very mediocre.

[quote name='Gosha']I wish Cave Story 3D were this price.[/QUOTE]

I know that game just doesn't drop for some reason

Anyway, is the CE for this valuable? I have a couple copies of it sealed but for $20 i may pick one of the SE's up to actually play and keep those 2 sealed

Worst Ar Tonelico game in the series.

They butchered the combat system rather terribly and the vast majority of the characters are uninteresting or flat out unlikable.

I have a hard time recommending this game to anyone in particular unless you're a die hard fan of the series but if you are, I'd imagine you'd already have played it by now.

Dood! The worst game ever! Maybe an over statement but after playing it for about 10 hours, I couldn't take it anymore. The bad, annoying voice acting, the below sub par story...I don't think I wanna recall anymore of that experience. *shudders*

I looked at videos of this game on youtube. I'll past. Normally I would've jumped on this but I don't want to watch underage girls undress.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is terrible. I really loved the first two Ar Tonelicos, but this one is in every aspect worse than I could imagine. The dungeons are super confusing, labyrinth like, and you will get lost. It also forces you to backtrack several times through these said terrible dungeons.

The story is dumb and not very well thought out. The sexual innuendo the series is known for has now become ackward loli situations... The battle system is unrefined and glitchy.

If you are a collector, this is probably the lowest you'll find it for awhile, but overall this game was crap.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I know that game just doesn't drop for some reason

Anyway, is the CE for this valuable? I have a couple copies of it sealed but for $20 i may pick one of the SE's up to actually play and keep those 2 sealed[/QUOTE]

nope, it's worth literally like $10 on ebay right now!

[quote name='sherlock2g']I looked at videos of this game on youtube. I'll past. Normally I would've jumped on this but I don't want to watch underage girls undress.[/QUOTE]

You can skip almost all the scenes. Also "underage" is not really the term. I've met Japanese girls in real life that are 20 years old but look younger than that.

[quote name='dubleo']You can skip almost all the scenes. Also "underage" is not really the term. I've met Japanese girls in real life that are 20 years old but look younger than that.[/QUOTE]

I bet you got your money's worth.

Premium's still going for 50+?

Time to stop being lazy and put mine up on Ebay.

..Along with Neptunia 1, which I will likely never touch again.

Some of my family members saw me playing this once and asked what it was. When I told them it was "Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel" they shrieked that I was speaking in tongues and started throwing holy water on me. Then they called in a priest to perform an exorcism.

True story, bro.

bread's done
Back