GameStop Ad for 4/17 - 4/23

The sickest thing about Gamestop is they rake in billions of profits without even having to TRY and compete with amazon or best buy for sale prices

Its all about used games for them. Give 15 in "credit" to person A and B, then person B pays 54.99 for person A's used game. Thats 40 bucks in straight cash to gamestop

Its

A. A fucking scam
B. No excuse for them to gut games, have their stores smell like shit, have the most push and annoying customer service staff
C. Have "weekly deals" that seem like a giant middle finger to gamers

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']The sickest thing about Gamestop is they rake in billions of profits without even having to TRY and compete with amazon or best buy for sale prices

Its all about used games for them. Give 15 in "credit" to person A and B, then person B pays 54.99 for person A's used game. Thats 40 bucks in straight cash to gamestop

Its

A. A fucking scam
B. No excuse for them to gut games, have their stores smell like shit, have the most push and annoying customer service staff
C. Have "weekly deals" that seem like a giant middle finger to gamers[/QUOTE]

I'd ask how it's a scam but lolz.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']The sickest thing about Gamestop is they rake in billions of profits without even having to TRY and compete with amazon or best buy for sale prices

Its

A. A fucking scam

so is it like some international law that every gamestop thread has to have some rant about evil the company is? i mean will men in black suits come take us all away without these posts popping up in every thread?

that ragnorok odyssey deal is good. its lookin even better for me if the used price drops too. not to mention i wont get taxed, thanks op ! and to the people complaining about gamestop they arent that bad lmao

[quote name='strait edge follower']there is ? is it like what capcom are doing with dragons dogma ?[/QUOTE]Pretty much. It's got everything the original game had plus more. I think the Japanese version gives you bonuses if you had save data from the original Ragnarok Odyssey (could be wrong), but I'm not sure if that's going to apply for us.

[quote name='SunDevil77']I really hope that isn't the real boxart for Arkham Origins[/QUOTE]

well the Arkham City GOTY art was pretty bad...so I wouldn't but it past them.

[quote name='strait edge follower']now im thinking about waiting for ragnorok, thanks guys ![/QUOTE]

The core game is fun I think. I poured 20 hours into, however haven't completed it yet. (Lots of grinding opportunities for items.)

I am definitely going to pick up Ace when it becomes available. (Especially if it comes out with another collectors edition).

I'm so tempted on Army of Two just to coop it with the wife

Its

A. A fucking scam
Wow, you should start up your own business, you seem to have it all figured out!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']
A. A fucking scam

If this is a scam, then all of corporate America is a scam. Actually, I think that's pretty accurate. I approve.

Its

A. A fucking scam

This is how basic Video Game retailers have to do to survive. There is very little profit margins for games Brand New. I do however disagree heavily with the pricing models that GameStop has on certain titles, but that's why I have other places to look at.

I have a local video game store chain that is near me, and the only downside is that they don't have sales. However, if you catch the manager in, you can haggle the prices a little bit.

Its

A. A fucking scam

Yeah its 40 dollars straight profit right?

Its not like they have to pay rental on hundreds of stores, including utilities and salaries for thousands of employees. Its also guaranteed that every game they purchase immediately sales for 54.99 right? I'm sure they made a fortune on all the copies of duke nukem and two worlds etc. not like those all endend up in 5 bucks or less bargain bins.

[quote name='sylaxRKO']Yeah its 40 dollars straight profit right?

Its not like they have to pay rental on hundreds of stores, including utilities and salaries for thousands of employees. Its also guaranteed that every game they purchase immediately sales for 54.99 right? I'm sure they made a fortune on all the copies of duke nukem and two worlds etc. not like those all endend up in 5 bucks or less bargain bins.[/QUOTE]

but but all corporations are evil and out to screw the world amirite?????

/sarcasm

Where's Oasisboy? I figured he'd be in on this too, waving the Gamestop banner proudly. Lol.

Honestly this isn't the place to complain about Gamestop and how evil they are. A simple "this ad sucks" would have easily sufficed. Just don't shop there and move on.

Do you know how much people would bitch about Best Buy, Target and even Amazon if Gamestop didn't exist for competition? People are so short-sighted. Who the hell cares what they sell things for? Don't shop there. Don't participate in threads about Gamestop. You think they're the only store in the history of retail that has the perception of overpricing products.

Gamers are truly and entitled bunch. Crazy.

Its

A. A fucking scam

Yeah I think every possible educational response is taken, so I'll just resort to calling you an idiot and move on

Its

A. A fucking scam

Last time I checked, a business is designed to make money. Dont blame the company for making money off the sheep that are ready and willing to trade in their games.

[quote name='Confidance']What is with EA constantly dropping all their games to $39.99 two weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

I imagine sales are not as good as they are expecting. However, I am sure retailers got the games on the cheap for their Bulk orders and allows them leeway for sales such as this.

I'm sitting on $15 on Gamestop credit...waiting for a sale on something I really want to make the most of it--I don't do a whole lot of shopping at Gamestop.

[quote name='Confidance']What is with EA constantly dropping all their games to $39.99 two weeks after release?[/QUOTE]
Underperforming sales. Although EA management will surely deny it, it's probably in large part due to fan reaction to their ultra shitty business decisions such as DRM and microtransactions.

I would have gotten Dead Space 3 at launch, but because of the microtransaction business model I still haven't considered picking it up. And don't even get started on Sim City.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Underperforming sales. Although EA management will surely deny it, it's probably in large part due to fan reaction to their ultra shitty business decisions such as DRM and microtransactions.

I would have gotten Dead Space 3 at launch, but because of the microtransaction business model I still haven't considered picking it up. And don't even get started on Sim City.[/QUOTE]

It might have something to do with sales but I think this is just something they have adopted for the majority of their launches over the last 2-3 years. Even Battlefield 3 hit $40 shortly after despite a spectacular launch.

EA is the new Ubisoft for MSRP drops on almost everything except their biggest hit titles, and even those drop pretty quickly at least for a short time.

[quote name='SunDevil77']I really hope that isn't the real boxart for Arkham Origins[/QUOTE]

They had a similar placeholder for Arkham City when it was first announced, we should see the real cover within a few months when more details are released.

[quote name='MSUHitman']EA is the new Ubisoft for MSRP drops on almost everything except their biggest hit titles, and even those drop pretty quickly at least for a short time.[/QUOTE]

Isn't AC Ubi's biggest hit? I think the problem here is that EA doesn't have an annualized 'biggest hit' except for maybe FIFA or Madden.

[quote name='Shadowzant']The only good thing I saw in this ad was the reminder that Soul Hackers comes out tomorrow...might have to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I've been so on the fence about soul hackers. With soul sacrifice and an ongoing monster hunter fixation, I'm probably gonna skip this one for now.

Yeah I am sitting on $100 of gamestop credit, and cant use it on anything. Their used prices are crazy. They dont have price match or even the occational deals on new stuff. I think I am going to blow it on some figures online when they are available.

I picked up X-COM when it was 29.99 the other day. Here's my conversation with the sales clerk.

Me: Do you have a sealed copy of X-COM for the PS3?
Clerk: Well, yes, we do. But we also have a used copy available. Would you like that instead?
Me: Hmm... Nope. I want the sealed copy.
Clerk: Are you sure? You can save up to $5 if you are a silver card member.
Me: No thank you, I'd rather get the new one.
Clerk: (Dejected) Well, okay. Would you like to purchase the warranty for this g-
Me: (Cutting her off) Just give me the fucking game.
Clerk: (Taken aback) O- Oh, sorry.

I don't know why I even bother with them. I'm pretty sure she cursed me out after I left the store, but fuck her.

Its

A. A fucking scam

Scam? Its a good business model. No different from trading in a used car or getting undercut at a pawn shop. Don't like it, sell on eBay and cut out the middle man, simple.

[quote name='Yggy87']I picked up X-COM when it was 29.99 the other day. Here's my conversation with the sales clerk.

Clerk: Well, yes, we do. But we also have a used copy available. Would you like that instead?
Clerk: (Dejected) Well, okay. Would you like to purchase the warranty for this g-

I don't know why I even bother with them. I'm pretty sure she cursed me out after I left the store, but fuck her.[/QUOTE]

To keep there JOBS, they must go thru all that. Give them a break, the world didn't end for you did it? No wonder the human population consists of idiots.

thats why you make good friends with them so they wont push that on you lol. you have to understand though that they are told to say things things by corprate (the managers i know admited this to me) so give them a break. i even met the district manager the other day and i heard him give those instructions to my friend ! so yes while its annoying its not their fault, gamestops main revenue stream is the used game market so of course they want you to buy used

and to the person behind me that birthday coupon could have acually saved you some pretty good coin on xcom (unless theres an online pass and you want to play online) :)

[quote name='KrisMKX']To keep there JOBS, they must go thru all that. Give them a break, the world didn't end for you did it? No wonder the human population consists of idiots.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Yggy87']I picked up X-COM when it was 29.99 the other day. Here's my conversation with the sales clerk.

I don't know why I even bother with them. I'm pretty sure she cursed me out after I left the store, but fuck her.[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate customers like you, and you deserve to be cursed.

I'm sorry but I want to keep my job. Next time you are in a hurry, why not just tell her you're in a hurry? You don't have to be a total jerk about it. We don't bite ;)

Wow, I would punch you right in the dick if I witnessed that.

fuck you.

bread's done
Back