- - - - -

2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

#91 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2501 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Must really tick psychonerd off that these dudes don't look 'muslim'...er...Arab

They actually look Persian or North African to me. Hunh, another friend of mine posted "thank God they're white" somewhere else. Guess there is a variance of opinion on this one. Interesting.

#92 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

When talking about terrorists, I find it amazing that no one ever brings up the IRA. Maybe it's just because I was a child of the 80's.

I think it's because a lot of people in the US sided with them.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#93 jputahraptor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

jputahraptor

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

Eh their race doesn't matter do me, though race does not equal religion. Muslims and Christians or none of the above can be found in a variety of flavors and are not exclusive to any one race. Maybe they were radical atheists or Wii U owners. I'm sure these fine gentlemen will be ok though, in 20 years I am sure they will be out and teaching in some of our fine higher education institutions such as Columbia University home to Bill Ayers and Kathy Boudin, some of our finest white domestic terrorists who have been rehabiliated after planning such self expressions as the bombing of the Pentagon, riots, prison breaks and robbery and murder of some pesky cops who got in the way of their Brinks heist. Mo money mo problems. These gentlemen were also wise enough not to blow themselves up like Ted Gold did while expressing himself with dynamite. Oh well, they look white so like the Weather Underground they were probably "protesting' and will be out and about in a couple decades, who knows, maybe they be linked to a future president someday, yah!

#94 jlewski   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I don't think they are ever going to be found thats just my opinion though

#95 IRHari   COME ON! CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Since when is 'hey maybe we shouldn't racially profile' self hating?

Maybe if they didn't waste time profiling the Saudi dude who apparently didn't do anything related to this, they would've had more time to spend going after white cap and black cap.

#96 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

As someone who took hell in school for being Muslim post 9/11, some of this thread is really disturbing to me. Still tells me we have a ways to go
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#97 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

I still think people are not registered what happened.

Two people made bombs, filled with nails and what not and put it them and amongst people watching a marathon, then set them off to cause mass injury and worse. In America.

This is your country and all you care about is a Saudi guy being tackled, or comparing it to other things across the world?

Seriously what has happened to people's mindsets. Bunch of self hating crap.

Ladies and gentlemen, textbook strawman. You were fucking wrong, take your lashings and admit it. You were wrong about most bombings in America being from guys with brown skin and you were wrong about who likely perpetrated this bombing. Don't ever take a job where you're tasked with making any kind of decision because those will all be wrong too.

#98 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

I know we talk about bob being a troll, but psycho here literally is.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#99 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

You're asserting that racial profiling is what they should use to solve this, and similar cases. Racial profiling, while "playing the odds" is still a poor strategy for the simple fact that if your actual perpetrator isn't the expected ethnicity you're gonna miss them. If you spend all your time and resources looking for the wrong person you're just a poor investigator not someone intelligently playing the odds. The racism surrounding it is should also be offensive in a nation where we recognize that all men are created equal.

Cowardice? Please, let me know when you ever plan on making an actual coherent argument that isn't based on ad hom attacks or strawmen. You're terrible at VS., you should leave before you continue to embarrass yourself with your lack of intelligence or anything approaching an actual debate style.

#100 htz  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

MIT officer was shot around 10:30pm tonight, campus on lockdown.

http://www1.whdh.com...-on-mit-campus/
https://twitter.com/MITnews

#101 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

Did the bomb makers kill him? If not who cares, just one more urban setting death.

#102 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

The one in the white cap looks like a young Bill Ayers.

Not that I agree with Ayers in any way but I do believe his bombings never killed a person? Still a cowardly way to operate.

#103 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Looks like an unconfirmed photo of suspect number 2 was posted on facebook (looks like on Monday). Thought? I think it looks like the guy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Lets do a little cross thread commentary. Looks like the NRA and gun makers decided a long time ago to not allow taggants to be added to gun powder. Those taggants could have been used to help trace the gunpowder used in the Boston Bombing.

"In the past, the NRA has argued that taggants could affect the trajectory of bullets and would also be a de facto form of weapons registration, reported the Los Angeles Times in 1995."

http://tv.msnbc.com/...-investigators/

#105 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Well this shithead should have his credentials revoked.

BOSTON -- Moments after the FBI revealed images of two baseball cap-wearing men wanted for questioning about the Boston bombings, the press conference descended into a sideshow.

A journalist from a far-right wing website called Info Wars shouted out a question accusing the government of carrying out the attack that killed three, and maimed or injured 170 others.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard Deslauriers ignored the allegation of a government conspiracy from reporter Daniel Bidondi, but the Alex Jones protege did not stop hollering.

"The FBI lies," Bidondi said. "We've got the proof," he said accusing the government of a "false flag" attack in which it staged the blasts and made them appear like the work of terrorists.

Bidondi found himself at the center of an media scrum with cameras and microphones pointed at his face after law enforcement officials left the podium in the Sheraton hotel.

Another reporter ridiculed Bidondi from across the room, telling him to shut up and calling him an asshole.

The excitement quickly dissipated as reporters returned to delivering the news about the official images of the suspects.

Bidondi has been a presence at other press conferences this week related to the bombing investigation.

Posted Image

#106 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

MIT officer was shot around 10:30pm tonight, campus on lockdown.

http://www1.whdh.com...-on-mit-campus/
https://twitter.com/MITnews

Suspect in stolen police van (might not be true) chased to Watertown. Gunfight ensues and explosives were detonated. Two people are now in custody. I hope they got these two.

One suspect was hit multiple times by gunfire.

http://livewire.wcvb...Boston_Marathon

#107 htz  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Suspect in stolen police van (might not be true) chased to Watertown. Gunfight ensues and explosives were detonated. Two people are now in custody. I hope they got these two.

One suspect was hit multiple times by gunfire.

http://livewire.wcvb...Boston_Marathon

WHDH is saying tonight's event is related to the boston bombing suspects. One of them is dead and police is still looking for the other one.

#108 egofed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I love how in this thread the theme of holding to not "racial profiling" as a principle is honorable and just, despite the facts, while in the gun control thread, holding to the "shall not be infringed" belief in the 2nd Amendment as a principle is ridiculed and belittled. I guess you guys really believe that you can have it both ways...

#109 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6836 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Not too drag on this particular angle on the incident. BUT....

Although these guys are not arabs if i saw

Posted Image

Come next to me and leave a huge bag(any type of bag really) and walk off, i would be moving well fucking away from that bag, and keeping an eye on this guy.

Now if you wouldn't that your choice.

I guess that anyone that isn't pasty white is reason for suspicion, eh? I wonder what the Fuck that sounds like. A little introspection would do yo fuckloads of good.

I love how in this thread the theme of holding to not "racial profiling" as a principle is honorable and just, despite the facts, while in the gun control thread, holding to the "shall not be infringed" belief in the 2nd Amendment as a principle is ridiculed and belittled. I guess you guys really believe that you can have it both ways...

People that promote racial profiling are generally those that would never ever have to deal with being victim to it in any meaningful way. Funny how that works.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#110 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

He looks like a younger version of one of my friends. I'd peg him as Italian or sicilian before I'd guess he was from Chechnya

Edit: changed an to as and his to him. Hate posting on my phone.

#111 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6836 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

He looks like a younger version of one of my friends. I'd peg his an Italian or sicilian before I'd guess he was from Chechnya

...Italian, Brazilian, Portuguese, or any variety of white with a bit of a olive complexion. Assuming the worst of someone because they don't look like Whitey McWhite and have a big backpack is sheer lunacy. Shit, even Al Pacino wouldn't pass some people's paper bag test here.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#112 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thats hilarious, the same ones who were saying if they saw a Muslim like person next to a white or black, they would lean toward the white or black now have retracted their statement to say if they saw anyone leave a bag they would be more suspicious....LOL

Actually not only was a Saudi guy tackled, the NY POST also posted pictures of a 17 yr old high school student they first mistaken as a possible terrorist.

#113 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Seems like America has a take no prisoner attitude all of a sudden, wonder when Obama will sent the unmanned drones into MA airspace to kill the other guy...

#114 willardhaven   Thief of Life CAGiversary!   7086 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

willardhaven

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Seems like America has a take no prisoner attitude all of a sudden, wonder when Obama will sent the unmanned drones into MA airspace to kill the other guy...

This guys says they might use a robot:

https://twitter.com/MichaelSkolnik

PaulManda.png

#115 joeboosauce   Snarf! Get in the... CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

joeboosauce

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

We all can't be "citizens of the world" like you and Benjamin Franklin.

Yeah because all the blame for the turmoil halfway across the world can be placed squarely at the feet of our government. You sound like you're one degree away from calling me an infidel.

GBA,
Do you know ANYTHING about US foreign policy?!?!???? Or do you enjoy ignorance of YOUR OWN government's history? WTF
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#116 joeboosauce   Snarf! Get in the... CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

joeboosauce

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Let's also keep in mind that this IS NOT the first terror attack since 9/11 as some people and the media frame it.

Let's pull the other terrorist attacks out of the memory hole which happen to be committed by non-Muslims... which ones, the redneck conservatives might ask? Well, there's the Sikh temple shooting, CT, how about the MANY mosque bombings, shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and others, the shooting of a liberal church by a conservative, etc, etc, etc, etc.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#117 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

The uncle's press conference with reporters was amazing. Every single answer was perfect and delivered with the kind of passion not usually seen in these Q&A sessions. I think he was sincere and honest and said what needed to be said.

Then again, he was probably speaking at his normal volume!

#118 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Let's also keep in mind that this IS NOT the first terror attack since 9/11 as some people and the media frame it.

Let's pull the other terrorist attacks out of the memory hole which happen to be committed by non-Muslims... which ones, the redneck conservatives might ask? Well, there's the Sikh temple shooting, CT, how about the MANY mosque bombings, shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and others, the shooting of a liberal church by a conservative, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, I tried to make that point but no one on the other side seems to understand the point being made which is that even if you're involved in a terrorist attack (which is a pretty small percentage in the first place), it's most likely to be someone other than a person with brown skin. Of course that's met with "why are we discussing this, we should be focusing on catching the one's responsible."

It's pretty pathetic really... People will look for any reason to justify their racism and bigotry.

#119 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9694 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Then again, he was probably speaking at his normal volume!

Adam Sandler in "You don't mess with the Zohan"?

#120 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6836 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

He's an alt of granturismo, whom I suspect to be an alt of a previously banned CAG.
dohdough.png