Borderlands 2 $19.99 PS3 360 @ Newegg

[quote name='Kaiser499']Tempted to buy for that price but I'm sure the GOTY one will be out soon right?[/QUOTE]

Have Gearbox/2K declared that they're 'done' with DLC for it?

[quote name='mxtt']Have Gearbox/2K declared that they're 'done' with DLC for it?[/QUOTE]
Nope. There's going to be at least one more major piece of DLC after the fourth one that was included in the Season Pass comes out.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Tempted to buy for that price but I'm sure the GOTY one will be out soon right?[/QUOTE]

Aren't GOTY edition games have a value of $40 when they are just released? Why to wait for a GOTY edition? I don't get it o: Is the DLC very expensive if you buy Borderlands 2 for $20 and then buy the DLC? (I never buy DLC, so I really have no idea).

Edit: Thanks guys for the answers! I will probably get the vanilla version then, I really never buy DLC at all. The last time I did was with Red Dead Redemption when that Zombies DLC was released... yep, it has been a long time already O.O!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ashlee']Aren't GOTY edition games have a value of $40 when they are just released? Why to wait for a GOTY edition? I don't get it o: Is the DLC very expensive if you buy Borderlands 2 for $20 and then buy the DLC? (I never buy DLC, so I really have no idea).[/QUOTE]

The season pass is $30.

[quote name='Ashlee']Aren't GOTY edition games have a value of $40 when they are just released? Why to wait for a GOTY edition? I don't get it o: Is the DLC very expensive if you buy Borderlands 2 for $20 and then buy the DLC? (I never buy DLC, so I really have no idea).[/QUOTE]

The Borderlands 2 season pass is $30 (but has been on sale, at least for Xbox down to $20). There is still one more DLC coming out in June or so plus another character class around the same time. I assume a GOTY version wouldn't come out until late Summer or Fall. $20 is an excellent price and well worth it for the amount of content you get and there is no great reason to assume you need to wait for GOTY. This game is a steal at any price considering the amount of time and fun you can get out of it.

The season pass is $30. The Mechromancer (additional character that was free with pre-orders) is another $10. Total $40.

So there's a definite case to be made in waiting for the GOTY release (unless, IMO, you have some friends to play with now).

Then again, I've put lots of time into it just switching between different characters (haven't even beat a first playthrough yet) and I haven't seen a need to look into the DLC yet. There's a lot of content with just the vanilla version.

great deal for a very fun game especially if played with friends, as for waiting for GOTY is it really worth it seeing as the PS4 and Xbox 720 are right around the corner? Just pick up the game and wait out another season pass sale or MS points sale

Great game, but if you have a large backlog, it's easier to wait for the GOTY. The GOTY should also drop fairly quickly, especially if it's released near the end of the current console lifecycle

They are talking about doing a second year season pass, which would mean at least another 5 major DLC additions over the next year. You won't see a GOTY edition for quite some time.

Well worth the price for all of the content on the disc version alone. All the money you are saving can go towards the season pass if you desire the additional content.

Steal @20. I've been playing it pretty much since launch.

Much better when doing 4 player co-op and in UVHM you pretty much need 4 people.

[quote name='kingotnw']They are talking about doing a second year season pass, which would mean at least another 5 major DLC additions over the next year. You won't see a GOTY edition for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

This.

If you look at the graphic they made for the pass, it looks like tickets and one has prominent 1 displayed. They definitely plan for a second season but may not do it if sales of the first round of passes/dlc don't sell well.

Personally I'm all for more bl2...

having a fantastic time playing coop - with 4 people things get nuts and it's just a fun time

game is worth $60...for $20 it's a steal

[quote name='kilik64']This.

If you look at the graphic they made for the pass, it looks like tickets and one has prominent 1 displayed. They definitely plan for a second season but may not do it if sales of the first round of passes/dlc don't sell well.

Personally I'm all for more bl2...[/QUOTE]

I doubt we'll see a 2nd season since they are probably ready to work/already working on a Borderlands 3 for next gen. I'd love to see a 2nd season, though. Even if there is a 2nd season, they are sure to have some sort of Season 1 GOTY disc- especially since they have the first three DLC's on a disc now. That being said, no one should deprive themselves of this game any longer since it is now this cheap.

Me, too. I can afford the wait for the GOTY version. Besides, I don't have a lot of room left on my HDD, so I usually rather buy physical copies instead of downloading dlcs.

[quote name='bruceg']Great game, but if you have a large backlog, it's easier to wait for the GOTY. The GOTY should also drop fairly quickly, especially if it's released near the end of the current console lifecycle[/QUOTE]

GOTY might be rare considering the time it is released to where the current gen consoles life span is. Might have to pick up a copy to keep sealed.

Man It's out of stock. I have a copy already but wanted to get one for the GF. We just finished Boderlands 1 and we had a blast. Was hoping for the sweet 19.99 sale price so we can start #2. I will have to keep waiting then... :whistle2:(

Pass. I have a pretty big backlog right now, haven't even finished the first game yet, and I'm waiting for GOTY anyway.

Do you guys think it'd be better for me to wait for the GotY edition if I already have the Mechromancer (bought a launch copy, traded it in while the TIV was still high) and Torque's Campaign of Carnage?

Keep in mind that GOTY versions don't always contain all of the DLC, and you never know when they'll be released.

Anyway, great deal and I pulled the trigger, thanks OP!

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I doubt we'll see a 2nd season since they are probably ready to work/already working on a Borderlands 3 for next gen. I'd love to see a 2nd season, though. Even if there is a 2nd season, they are sure to have some sort of Season 1 GOTY disc- especially since they have the first three DLC's on a disc now. That being said, no one should deprive themselves of this game any longer since it is now this cheap.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was at Best Buy I saw the BL2 DLC game case. It's just a case with a voucher in it with no disc. Same thing happened with Guardian if the Middle Earth it's just a case with game/season pass voucher.

that's exactly what i'm thinking.

drop the price on this one now, try to sell as many as possible, then bring out the goty/complete version for about $40.

[quote name='StryderOmega']GOTY might be rare considering the time it is released to where the current gen consoles life span is. Might have to pick up a copy to keep sealed.[/QUOTE]

The first Borderlands goty was kinda rare for a while, at least the 360 second disc version. I think it was reprinted though.

Damn already sold out?!? Wanted to get a ps3 copy. I have a sealed 360 copy that I would like to get rid of. FML :( anyone know if I go to best buy and try to PM they will give it to me, even if it says currently "sold out"?

[quote name='DojimaDragon']Damn already sold out?!? Wanted to get a ps3 copy. I have a sealed 360 copy that I would like to get rid of. FML :( anyone know if I go to best buy and try to PM they will give it to me, even if it says currently "sold out"?[/QUOTE]They're not technically supposed to since the policy only applies to in-stock items for online retailers, but you could still give it a shot, saying something like "I'd much rather give Best Buy my business since you have it in stock and I don't want to wait for it to come back in stock at Newegg".

I picked this up for $25 on Black Friday and after recently starting it (maybe halfway through now) I'd say its worth about this price. Definitely a good pickup at $20. Wouldn't bother waiting for a GOTY edition as the DLC will likely have another couple sales this year.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I picked this up for $25 on Black Friday and after recently starting it (maybe halfway through now) I'd say its worth about this price. Definitely a good pickup at $20. Wouldn't bother waiting for a GOTY edition as the DLC will likely have another couple sales this year.[/QUOTE]Not that I'm saying I wouldn't do the same, but some people might rather have a GotY edition so they'd have a disc containing all the DLC rather than be forced to retain it on their console.

Personally...with my backlog, I think I'll wait for $15.

[quote name='kingotnw']They are talking about doing a second year season pass, which would mean at least another 5 major DLC additions over the next year. You won't see a GOTY edition for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I'm a patient guy.

[quote name='Ashlee']Aren't GOTY edition games have a value of $40 when they are just released? Why to wait for a GOTY edition? I don't get it o: Is the DLC very expensive if you buy Borderlands 2 for $20 and then buy the DLC? (I never buy DLC, so I really have no idea).

Edit: Thanks guys for the answers! I will probably get the vanilla version then, I really never buy DLC at all. The last time I did was with Red Dead Redemption when that Zombies DLC was released... yep, it has been a long time already O.O!![/QUOTE]

I will wait for the goty to be $20, problem solved.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not that I'm saying I wouldn't do the same, but some people might rather have a GotY edition so they'd have a disc containing all the DLC rather than be forced to retain it on their console.

Personally...with my backlog, I think I'll wait for $15.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense too. It's no issue for me as I'll keep my 250 GB Slim till it dies but a fair point.

Game is a game go with the best deal and if you need room you can either buy a bigger hdd or delete some things off the hdd. It is just that simple buy on psn BL & BL2 for 20.99 or just BL2 for 19.99.

bread's done
Back