New PS3 Bundles Leaked by Newegg? PS3 Slim 250GB & PS+ 1 Year $249.99

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Sony PS3 500GB Legacy HW Bundle (CECH-4001C) - GT5+Infamous 2 $299.99 ETA: 05/06/2013

SONY PS3 250GB HW (CECH-4001B) - PS Plus 1-Year Trial - US/CAN $249.99 ETA: 06/09/2013

From the release dates, it looks like the 500GB Bundle will come out 1 month before E3, and the PS+ Bundle will be announced during E3. Mods feel free to move this to another forum if it is not appropriate. Posted in the deals forum to give potential PS3 buyers a heads up.

Just encase Newegg pulls the listings...
gpemKNp.png

1hTxMwS.png

Thanks for posting this. The $249.99 w/ 250GB and 1 year PS+ would be an excellent deal if MSRP is $249.99 and retailers add in $50 worth of value (Gift Card, Free Game, etc.).

I can't imagine many people who do not have a PS3 but assuming someone has never purchased one that would be a great way to enter this generation and have a years worth of games to play with the PS+ subscription to see if they like it.

That "trial" word thrown in the second bundle concerns me a little.

Btw where's my Azurite Blue PS3?! PS4 is almost here.

The "Trial" is likely the same way those former 1month slips were handled in select games (and at e3-2012). Enter code and CC. Delete CC then turn off renewal. Or just sell it.

Or it's the same "trial" that came with the white ps3 bundle which was just a redemption code. Either way you still get a boatload of games for a year.

Thanks for the clarification. The second bundle in an epic deal in the making. A free game or gift card from retailers is all it needs.

I still dont think this beats last years Black Friday bundle.
You could buy PSN Plus separate for less than $50.

[quote name='MrBoss']I still dont think this beats last years Black Friday bundle.
You could buy PSN Plus separate for less than $50.[/QUOTE]

But it's not a black friday bundle...

[quote name='GBAstar']
I can't imagine many people who do not have a PS3 but assuming someone has never purchased one that would be a great way to enter this generation and have a years worth of games to play with the PS+ subscription to see if they like it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a PS3, but was definitely planning on getting one soon. I have two 360s (the second came free with my TV last year). This year I got a Vita and have had PS+ solely for the free vita games since Christmas. I started downloading the free games for PS3 a few months ago anyways, just thinking about it. So I already have a small library for a system I don't even own. I was planning on getting the God of War PS3 Bundle after E3, hoping for another price drop. I've never played a God of War game, and have always wanted to (I enjoyed Dante's Inferno, which everyone complained was a GOW ripoff). So I think the GOW bundle is better for me than the GT5 Infamous bundle (especially if I already have an infamous game from PS+)

Does it seem the black friday infamous/uncharted bundle for $199 still has been the best deal out?

Thanks for the news update OP, but I am gonna stick with my 500Gb PS3 Super-Slim; which is a much better deal for only $50 dollars more. :)

[quote name='htz']Looks like someone at Newegg today loves to leak Playstation products.

iconps3.gif
Gran Turismo 6 $59.99, Release Date: 11/28/2013.[/QUOTE]
Ha, someone is drunk at the keyboard. Hope it will be compatible with driving force GT wheel.

Ooo I might pick up a PS3 then. I decided to hold off and see what happens at E3, but it looks like these are suppose to be released right before it. I still want the white one though..

I don't know how well PS3's are selling these days but I'd hope they'd get something down to $200 by the holiday season. They've been around $250 for a couple of years now.

I would love to have a ps3. I've only owned one once for about two weeks before I had to sell it. Shouldn't have bought it in the first place, really.

I would take a 149.99 bundle with a small hard drive (100gb or less) then I can justify selling my almost dead one and buy a 1TB drive

[quote name='bjstucker']I would take a 149.99 bundle with a small hard drive (100gb or less) then I can justify selling my almost dead one and buy a 1TB drive[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I want. Make it happen Sony!!

[quote name='dvgamer']I don't know if I should be bumping this but..

The first bundle was officially announced today. The $300 "Legacy" bundle comes with a 500gb super slim, Gran Turismo 5 XL, Infamous 2, and a 1 month trial to PS+.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-300-ps3-legacy-bundle-revealed-6407971

So I guess theres a pretty good chance that the $250 bundle will be Sony's "price drop" for E3[/QUOTE]
I'm a little confused by those announcements, shouldn't those be reserved for E3? And I imagined this would be a better price. Infamous 2 is PS+ free, and GT5 has seen the $10 mark at Amazon.

[quote name='bludd']Does it seem the black friday infamous/uncharted bundle for $199 still has been the best deal out?[/QUOTE]

I think the best deal out ever for the PS3 was the Target deal when their GC offer stacked with the $100 GC promo coupon. It was something like get a slim $250 console with $125 worth of gift cards. Or something ridiculous like that. The deal lasted for a good while since people were confused on how to get the coupons. But comparing "out the door" deals, I would agree the infamous/uncharted bundle was the best.

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm a little confused by those announcements, shouldn't those be reserved for E3? And I imagined this would be a better price. Infamous 2 is PS+ free, and GT5 has seen the $10 mark at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Only reason I can think of for Sony introducing this bundle is because they are no longer producing the God of War and Classic White bundle so this would be the only way to get a 500gb PS3 for the average buyer.. Other than that this one makes no sense since the last couple bundles have been better and E3 is right around the corner.

[quote name='chelosera91'] Im waiting on the GoW to be $250[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've been holding on to my $50 Gamestop credit for a while hoping it will drop to $250. But after recently finding out all the GoW games come in sleeves instead of their original cases I'm thinking more like $200, but that will probably never happen.

Amazon has GT5 500gb bundle listed as being available in 2-4 weeks at the moment. That will probably change to 'available now' in a few days.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Exclusive-Family-Entertainment-PlayStation-3/dp/B009DYE3JI
Search doesn't pull up a direct link for it, but there is a selection box for it in the main PS3 console page.

Doesn't look like sony is going to be dropping the price in the near term...Sony wouldn't be pushing out a new SKU now if they were going to announce a new price drop at E3 in four weeks. That said, the new 250gb bundle due out around E3 is primed for a price cut later on in the year when the PS4 rolls out....they just pull out the PS+ and boom it is $200.

Hopefully some deals will pop up shortly at retailers or newegg trying to clear out the remaining inventory of 500gb SKUs (GOW Red, PS+ White, Assassins Creed 3 black) Sony has pushed out in the last 6-7 months...There seems no shortage of the Assassins Creed 3 bundles gathering dust around in Targets around me.

[quote name='chelosera91']Hopefully its a blue PS3. Im waiting on the GoW to be $250[/QUOTE]

G22442.jpg

[quote name='GBAstar']I can't imagine many people who do not have a PS3 but assuming someone has never purchased one that would be a great way to enter this generation and have a years worth of games to play with the PS+ subscription to see if they like it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a PS3 either and at one point, was thinking about getting one (mainly because I really wanted to play the One Piece Pirate Warrior games on it). But with the end of this generation upon us, I figured I might as well save those couple hundred of dollars and put that towards a next-gen console (most likely a PS4). Not to mention I just don't have as much time to play games these days as I used to.

Still, this deal does look temptping.

bread's done
Back