[DEAD] Newegg.com Sale.. Borderlands 2 $19.99 Dead Island Riptide Preorder S39.99

[quote name='matpaq']The 1600 MS Points is a digital code. Is it possible for it to be out of stock?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Generally digital codes are not generated outside of the publisher / vendor. But are instead sent in encrypted batches to the retailer upon request. So it's possible to run out of digital codes. The same thing happens to Steam codes, etc, every now and then.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']What are the pre-order bonuses for Dead Island: Riptide?[/QUOTE]

Steelbook case, character skins, digital map, probably some sort of weapons.

A friend of mine played Dead Island: Riptide at PAX East, one time, and managed to crash the game hard. I hope they fix the bugs before release!

[quote name='ck76']Is there a Borderlands 2 version with all the DLC yet?[/QUOTE]Nope--that's the main reason some people aren't biting at $19.99 for the standard edition. Why not wait for the GotY edition which will have all the DLC included at a better value?

The reason people aren't waiting is because there is still more DLC to come, they said there will be a second season actually...so it may be another year or so, maybe longer, for a complete edition to come out.

Also, thanks OP was able to pre-order Dead Island Riptide for $40 from Best Buy.

[quote name='crunchewy']A friend of mine played Dead Island: Riptide at PAX East, one time, and managed to crash the game hard.[/QUOTE]

Like a Boss:rofl:

But still, that's disappointing. Anyone recommend Dead Island as a single player game?

Newegg's boxart image for Dead Island Riptide (Xbox) shows the Special Edition, but nothing in the description indicates that it is. I'm torn, because my Amazon preorder is only $10 more and is definitely the Special Edition (and I'll get release day delivery).

Same here.... I really want the special edition with the steelbook case, but it IS $10 cheaper on newegg. :/ If it turns out newegg is giving the steelbook case too, I'll jump right on it.

But only the 360 version has the special edition picture... the PS3 version just has the standard edition pic.

[quote name='Hodaka']Newegg's boxart image for Dead Island Riptide (Xbox) shows the Special Edition, but nothing in the description indicates that it is. I'm torn, because my Amazon preorder is only $10 more and is definitely the Special Edition (and I'll get release day delivery).[/QUOTE]

I ordered it from Best Buy, thanks to the GCU $20 bonus it essentially makes the game $20 for me, since I paid it off with $20 in rewards and $20 in gift card and I get the $20 in rewards back. But if you're not a GCU member then there is no major reason to do this. Plus Best Buy is giving the steelbook as well as you know it's the SE. Price matching it is YMMV due to it being a pre-order, but I had zero issues with it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I ordered it from Best Buy, thanks to the GCU $20 bonus it essentially makes the game $20 for me, since I paid it off with $20 in rewards and $20 in gift card and I get the $20 in rewards back. But if you're not a GCU member then there is no major reason to do this. Plus Best Buy is giving the steelbook as well as you know it's the SE. Price matching it is YMMV due to it being a pre-order, but I had zero issues with it.[/QUOTE]

So you were able to PM this with Best Buy?

Just pricematched at Bestbuy.com over the phone. Getting the Special Edition + Steelbook + $20 Reward Cert for $40. The Cert is as good as money to me, so it's like I'm paying $20.

Just was denied a price match over the phone. CS Rep claimed they would need to cancel my pre-order, and even then since the item is not immediately available (read: a preorder), the price wouldn't take. Will try again later. I just LOVE this new price match system.

[quote name='kellte2']Just was denied a price match over the phone. CS Rep claimed they would need to cancel my pre-order and even then since it wasn't immediately available, the price wouldn't take. Will try again later. I just LOVE this new price match system.[/QUOTE]

My order total hasn't updated since getting my Pricematch, so maybe mine didn't take either. I do have a reference number that I'm holding on to just to be safe. The person I spoke to said that the difference would just be credited to my card, I'm assuming after they take the $50, they'll give me $10 back.

Edit: Was told that the price has successfully been modified, but will appear updated when the game is released. -Still going to hold onto that reference number though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I was able to get the price match too, but it took quite a while. I thought she was going to give me grief because the Newegg site has a different picture than Best Buy does, but she eventually did it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I ordered it from Best Buy, thanks to the GCU $20 bonus it essentially makes the game $20 for me, since I paid it off with $20 in rewards and $20 in gift card and I get the $20 in rewards back. But if you're not a GCU member then there is no major reason to do this. Plus Best Buy is giving the steelbook as well as you know it's the SE. Price matching it is YMMV due to it being a pre-order, but I had zero issues with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a Wal-Mart, a K-Mart, and a Staples. Anything else is at least an hour drive. I'll probably just stick with my Amazon order...

[quote name='DeilGyre']Pulled the trigger on the Dead Island Riptide preorder.
I like $40 new games.
Thanks, OP & CAG.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Well perhaps I'll swing by tomorrow. I just don't want to get it from NewEgg, I haven't had the best luck with them, as much as others seem to have had.

Can anyone speak to the speed of Neweggs release day shipping for me? I just don't want to order it and be waiting until friday or some junk to get my game. Thanks in advance cags.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Can anyone speak to the speed of Neweggs release day shipping for me? I just don't want to order it and be waiting until friday or some junk to get my game. Thanks in advance cags.[/QUOTE]

If you get the free shipping, you'll either get it on Wednesday or Thursday. I always got mine on Thursday.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Can anyone speak to the speed of Neweggs release day shipping for me? I just don't want to order it and be waiting until friday or some junk to get my game. Thanks in advance cags.[/QUOTE]
Depends on where you live, NJ and CA being warehouse locations, in the past pre-orders shipped on Mondays for me. In NYC, I usually get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks Newegg - got a successful PM at BBY over the phone. Wasn't planning on getting this game since the new PM policy goes into effect at BBY on the 19th for Silver members, but getting this for $40 cash and a $20 reward zone certificate is too good to pass up.

Hoping Amazon will price match the price on Dead Island: Riptide. I've had it pre-ordered for awhile, but I see now Amazon has there's listed as coming with a $10 instant video credit and a Steelbook for the game. I don't remember seeing that before. Would be nice if they price matched anyway.

Price match successful with bestbuy.com.
Gave them the bestbuy SKU and the newegg item# and got it matched with no issues.
Thanks you.:applause:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hoping Amazon will price match the price on Dead Island: Riptide. I've had it pre-ordered for awhile, but I see now Amazon has there's listed as coming with a $10 instant video credit and a Steelbook for the game. I don't remember seeing that before. Would be nice if they price matched anyway.[/QUOTE]
If they'd pricematch this, I'd stop hesitating and bite. I have a bit of Amazon credit to use.

[quote name='yokuo']If they'd pricematch this, I'd stop hesitating and bite. I have a bit of Amazon credit to use.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I heard amazon almost never matches newegg for some reason, though... and considering it's a preorder and that price expires tomorrow, I guarantee amazon won't match.

Thanks to those who mentioned the BB PM. I had no problems calling and getting it done. In fact, the lady on the phone said this was her third time tonight doing the Newegg PM for this game.

Add me to the "Got BB to PM over the phone" club. Called about 3 or 4 hours ago to place an order. Had no problems with it what so ever. The rep even thanked me for having all the info readily available when she asked for it so she could get it done quickly.

So got the 39.99 price paid all with rewards no nothing out of pocket and going to get back 20 of that with the pre-order rewards. Not to bad. Maybe I should go finish the first one now :lol:

Sweet just called BestBuy & also got the $39.99 Pricematch Preorder with the $20 back for the gamers pre order rewards. So brand new game for 20 bones. Stoked cant wait for Tuesday. Took only about 5 minutes. There is a God his name CheapyD

[quote name='Link2999']Those of you who got the BB pricematch, does your order reflect the $39.99 price on the website? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I placed the order with them over the phone. I did not place it prior to calling and have them modify the order.

Strike three on the price match. It probably has to do with the fact that my order has already been placed. I received a $20 promo code for an erroneously cancelled order, so I'll live with that free $20 and fight another day.

Just FYI for future attempts, each rep has told me that the PM has to be at the "point of sale", so I don't think existing orders can be altered. At least that's what I've been told three times now.

Best Buy price matched over the phone. Although, I have yet to receive my confirmation email yet. Anyone else order while with the rep and not get it? This was about two hours ago.

[quote name='kellte2']Strike three on the price match. It probably has to do with the fact that my order has already been placed. I received a $20 promo code for an erroneously cancelled order, so I'll live with that free $20 and fight another day.

Just FYI for future attempts, each rep has told me that the PM has to be at the "point of sale", so I don't think existing orders can be altered. At least that's what I've been told three times now.[/QUOTE]

Why not just cancel your existing pre-order for .com and replace the order at the lower price...?

hm. I just called twice again to have them try and reorder Riptide for me, but both CSRs told me they can't pricematch preorders. I'll see what happens with my existing order I guess.

I'd call again.. and again.. and again.

They'll pricematch it. Just don't tell them it's a preorder. Prior to giving them the SKUs, etc.

Are you able to pay in full in-store for a pre-order at BB? If so, I'll cancel my current pre-order (put $5 down) and try price matching Newegg.

Got my BB order for it price matched on the 2nd try. I made sure to write down the confimation number as well because the credit won't be issued until my order ships.

bread's done
Back